It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese hackers stole sensitive data on US Navy submarine weaponry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This is incredibly concerning--

A series of cyberattacks sponsored by Chinese government hackers earlier this year infiltrated the computers of a U.S. Navy contractor, allowing a large amount of highly-sensitive data on undersea warfare to reportedly be stolen. The breaches, which took place in January and February, included leaked plans to develop a supersonic anti-ship missile for use on U.S. Navy submarines, U.S. officials told the Washington Post.

A contractor who works for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, R.I. -- a research and development center for submarines and underwater weaponry -- was the target of the hackers, the Post reported. While the unnamed officials did not identify the contractor, they told the newspaper that a total of 614 gigabytes of material was taken. Included in that data was information about a secret project known as Sea Dragon, in addition to signals and sensor data and the Navy submarine development unit’s electronic warfare library. The Washington Post said it agreed to withhold some details of what was stolen at the request of the U.S. Navy over fears it could compromise national security. A Navy spokesman told Fox News in a statement the service branch will not comment on specific incidents, but cyber threats are "serious matters" officials are working to "continuously" bolster awareness of.

What else can I say--Thanks Hillary and Friends
edit on 29-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: add

edit on 29-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: add

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

What does Hillary have to do with a navy contractor outfit being compromised?

It takes away from her real misdeeds when people just blame everything on her as if there aren't other corrupt/incompetent politicians.

I hate her too, but geeze.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

www.foxnews.com...

Chinese company reportedly hacked Clinton's server, got copy of every email in real-time

I don't want to blame everything on her, it's getting old actually. The fact of the matter is her crimes are seeming to become more and more dangerous.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I don't want to blame everything on her, it's getting old actually. The fact of the matter is her crimes are seeming to become more and more dangerous.

Almost as dangerous as blaming everything on her so others get a pass.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why thank Hillary?

This was recent and the story is from June.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That story was a hoax. Not true.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Prove it for once

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I don't think naming her as the culprit is nearly as dangerous as giving classified info to china. Besides, when I name her I assume people know that I mean Her, and all her associates.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How exactly is this not considered an act of war?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

www.foxnews.com...

Chinese company reportedly hacked Clinton's server, got copy of every email in real-time

Then it's time trump indited her. Crooked Hillary....remember one of trumps campaign promises. He keeps threatening to, but nothing. You don't find this strange?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No I don't find it strange, She is damn powerful. Hard to Indict and arrest in 2 years

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why thank Hillary?

She was guinea pig

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have no Idea, why can't people see that it's not about hating Hillary, It's about what she and her friends have/tried to do to this country. The Clinton's have been a disease to this country for nearly 30 years
edit on 29-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: typo

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

OP is just another subject ignorant internet poster.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why thank Hillary?

Hillary set the combination on the locks.

They were all the same.

Big$ to the Foundation.

tiktiktiktiktik

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Forgetting the unnecessary inclusion of Hillary Clinton in this story, why are the media not all over this and far more concerned with it than the story they have been peddling for the last 2 years?

It seems the Chinese have been doing far more than stealing IP for business purposes.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

No I don't find it strange, She is damn powerful. Hard to Indict and arrest in 2 years

Is it possible that the Clintons and Trumps are still friends and trump just uses "Crooked Hillary" as a diversion.

I do...

edit on 29-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree with your post in general but, why is her inclusion unnecessary?. It was her server

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thanks Hillary

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That's not theoretically impossible, I do not find it likely though. I have been in group photos with people i did not like. Trump has a real disdain for her, it's very obvious
edit on 29-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join