It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If you'd bothered to read the article I linked

then you would see it debunks your theory

Fracture Characterisation A comprehensive fracture characterisation involves mapping, measuring and documenting a number of parameters including the following:

1. Type of fracture and its infilling (whether open or filled).

2. Association of fracture with particular lithology, structure (fault, fold or no structure), deformation history (age), and present (in-situ) stress field.

3. Systematic rock fractures often develop in one or more fracture sets. It is important to map and quantify these fracture sets and work out their relative ages.

4. Attitude of fractures include strike (with respect to North) and dip angle (from 0° horizontal to 90° vertical) and direction (dip direction is always perpendicular to strike direction). These data can be displayed on stereographic equal-area plots. Fracture strike trends can also be plotted on a rose diagram or a histogram.

5. Fracture length indicates the lateral persistence of the structure. Trace lengths of 20m are very high persistence fractures.

Image 1

Image 2

edit on 7-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Please pay special attention to the images as they explain the Systematic Fractures which you say cant happen

image two shows the dip joints which go vertically , strike joints and bedding joints which go horizontally
and intersect often at 90 degrees both planes !

Seriously you wouldnt know a naturally occuring basalt rock if you #in sat on it !

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: FossilLin

Sorry dude , cant see your flickr photos because of security settings at work
can you upload them to your ATS account and link them that way ?

I still will have to disagree with you because the facts speak for themselves

why wont you admit you are wrong and just accept that your theory is false

and once more when you get evidence which debunks your theory , you change the goal posts

you said lines which intersect at 90 degrees I provided evidence from a doctor of Geology , then you changed it AGAIN!

He’s so used to having an echo chamber of one I fear no amount of legit proof could even make him bat an eyelash, dude’s made his mind up and short of an act of god, sudden increase in cognitive abilities (or very strong psych drugs) this guy need to be back at the funny farm doing the “Thorazine Shuffle”.
We’ve all tried hard to help the guy but it’s been all for not sadly, just think this is his 1st thread, imagine the quality to come, I hate to see what comes up when he starts scrapping the bottom of his psychotic theory barrel.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
To repeat, your photo shows "joint" in geology, which means fractures in a mass of rocks, not what I meant by two flat sides meeting at right angle.

" cant see your flickr photos because of security settings at work
can you upload them to your ATS account and link them that way ? "
See the original image at www.selectstone.com... (see Basalt-columns-8350)
Or see wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Or see www.google.com.tw...:AMhZZitnAdtPFQrRodvZbpznsjblTguVfKpgl78GpOZmIw-PU7M6fIRxtgppLDYuMiCgp_1IJR_144Fu6QJ5feiiFON6mS6KdEX0yMfxhTSg9 7Px7S0lRDjofV1rINOuuTKDdPjKFenkczvKqKYrusa-55-1FzAa9uINLOSiadVUzIhsBziUmg0VCPKK-iEI5JMqQYK9uwr93AYUugkaItc-USG-oVIaPW_14jmlaoAq25yN4aj4DzjgxEOrXBGKWJH 4aPm9BJ9KnmAPQVI_1_1YtCWwwtPM23lfxoPBz0AJ2-j6JbXLEkTCPUxj-fk2gJWVF-Cs9JfcDMaWxD1Tzq_1g-_1mMzWeUq3yK5Zsji_1XeP-7Hf9mmzqEoEJD0&hl=zh-TW

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Honestly you change your defnitions , but forget that these definitions were created by geologists not you!

You asked for joints at 90 degree angles, then complain when I provide that , you arguing semantics

those are two flat sides meeting at a 90 degree angle , unless you somehow now want to debate the definition of joints, or fractures

there is no difference between the flagstones and the basalt columns meeting flat plane against flat plane
as they were both created by the exact same physical process , which you seem to disregard entirely
as you think that nature cant do it , yet i've posted multiple links to various journals which outline the exact physical process as documented by geological scientists the world over!

You are now boring me , as you just repeat yourself like an insolent child who wants to be heard!
and refuses to listen to reason!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Im actually not surprised that those on ATS with more than a general interest in geology havent chimed in yet , because they wont give you the time off day .

Im speaking about those who have qualifications in Geology who are ATS members , and have helped with many threads over the years.

Why haven't they bothered to reply to you , because they know full well that you are literally speaking from your ass which sat on the "man made basalt column"

Im going to stop now as Im wasting my own time trying to illuminate you , but you can lead a horse to water !

have a nice day , and take care

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You were always going to be banging your head against a brick (man made stone) wall there so probably for the best.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

To repeat, your photo shows 2-dimensional right angles. Basalt columns have 3-dimensional right angles. No evidence is no evidence. From beginning to now, no evidence against my claim at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Case closed then. Yawn.
edit on 7-9-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Image 1 and Image 2 are diagrams, not evidence. Words, diagrams and theory are not evidence. NO ONE HAS evidence for basalt columns being formed by cracks. Do not buy the king's new clothes. Otherwise you will be naked.

Image 1

Image 2

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Falsified. no 3D right angles. Falsified.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Show me the cracks and the results of the cracks.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
see we have hit an impasse , as you seem to think a right angle is somehow different in 2 dimensions as applied to 3 !

its still a right angle regardless of how many dimensions its represented in , apart from one dimension as you cant have a right angle without a second dimension

The diagrams I provided are directly drawn from the image on the site I linked which shows flagstones and systematic cracking / fracturing which results in vertical / horizontal fractures and at 90 degrees to the naked eye!

You asked for it , and nature provided it

and you disregard it by changing the goal posts once again .

You are being willfully ignorant , and personal incredulity is increasing with every post you make !

I have provided you with evidence and you deny it as no evidence, and when you provide me with evidence you link your own blog

Im done entertaining you

the facts speak for themselves friend
enjoy wasting your time chasing ghosts on mars and man made basalt columns

I wont hold my breath for the arrival of your thesis on man made basalt columns

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
my final piece of advice for you , which is friendly

nature provides all the answers humanity will ever need, you just have to observe and not make judgments , let the facts speak for themselves , nature will give you everything !

Aww the best , and lang may yer lum reek

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Even 2D right angles were man-made. I meant the "man-made rock by the sea" in your photo. I claimed that long ago.
You used joint in geology to prove joint in geology. Next time you will use basalt columns to prove basalt columns.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No one can falsify my claim that humans constructed basalt columns on Earth and on Mars.
The claim is detailed at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No evidence is no evidence. From beginning to now, no evidence against my claim at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

Because no evidence is needed.

You are making the claim and what you are supplying to support your claim is as everyone has said, insanity.

Words, diagrams and theory are not evidence.

That clears everything up then.

Your website is full of "words"

so going by your own definition of what is not evidence your whole website is just a waste of time because its not evidence of anything its just words.

No one can falsify my claim that humans constructed basalt columns on Earth and on Mars. The claim is detailed at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

Yes.

They are just words so its not anything but nonsense.

Glad you finally admitted it

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin
No one can falsify my claim that humans constructed basalt columns on Earth and on Mars.
The claim is detailed at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

You are unable to falsify the claim that basalt columns are produced by natural processes.

Hint: Posting a link to your blog does not qualify as falsifying anything.

Here, have some scientific evidence

www.nature.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Here, have some scientific evidence

I guess you missed when the OP said this

"Words, diagrams and theory are not evidence. "

That link is full of words,

words are not evidence.

Just say it over and over until you get it through ......um actually just saying it once is enough to gauge what type of poster you are dealing with.

Words are not evidence.

So, no vocalizing or written words.

Not sure about sign language,

I hope sign is OK otherwise how in the hell does anything get verified if words are not evidence?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Damn there may even have been a theory or two in there as well!

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

ok - ALL SKEPTICS - places please we shall now educate @ fossillinn in the realities of geology , through the medium of interprativve dance

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join