It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God said kill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If God spoke directly to YOU and said kill would you do it? Is the God of Jacob and Moses a blood thirsty god? Or did Christ change all the OLD testament and LAWS.

Exodus 32
"27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' " 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Then you are obviously suffering from some sort of nuero-biological/chemical disorder and need to have that checked before you hurt someone. Regardless, we live in a 'civilized' society that lauds rationality and not devine intuition, or so we are raised at mothers knee to believe...

Deep

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I believe that it was more of a test to see wheter man was foolish or had any common sense. If God told me to kill another man, I would disobey and never lift the sword. If he told me to kill one of my family, I would denounce him and never follow through. I'd tell him to go and fornicate with himself if that were to occur but I'd be afraid he'd really do it out of spite.

But funny thing is technicly God, at least in the Old Testament is a technicly murderer.

Though would not God become a hypocrit since the 10 Commandments say "Thouh Shalt Not Murder"?

[edit on 2-22-2005 by JediMaster]

[edit on 2-22-2005 by JediMaster]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I too would think it was a test. God certainly doesn't need me to kill if he is all powerful, so i think he would be testing me to see if i could be conviced to break his own rules just because a powerful being told me to. Also how would you know this powerful being is god? It could easily be satan or a advanced alien that to a primitive human (primitive compared to them) could be mistaken as god.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
remember when God told kane to kill abel???

this could be another example of God telling people to kill...

remember though, this was a test...

maybe there is an explaination for this quote???

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't know if this was a test. God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, and as he was about to plunge a knife into him, God stopped him and told him it was a test of loyalty. In the mentioned example of this post, God did not stop anyone, so what does this say about God? It does reinforce, in my opinion, that God is the originator of both good and evil. Satan is a patsy.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
www.biblegateway.com...

DrHoracid, Take a look at the passage you posted above from the link, and read the whole chapter.

11 But Moses sought the favor of the LORD his God. "O LORD ," he said, "why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians say, 'It was with evil intent that he brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to wipe them off the face of the earth'? Turn from your fierce anger; relent and do not bring disaster on your people. 13 Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.' " 14 Then the LORD relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

you mis-read the part of the passage you wrote this post about. above here, it says the Lord relented. then this part of the passage right before the section you posted:

25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies. 26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, "Whoever is for the LORD , come to me." And all the Levites rallied to him.

notice what name I highlighted...... Moses was the one who told them to kill in the Lords name. the Lord never actually said kill,

27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' " 28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. 29 Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

so maybe before you quote things straight from the bible, you should read the whole passage and understand who said what...

[edit on 2/22/2005 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My take as well. God holds 'all' the cards. He allows good and evil to flourish, hence making him somewhat responsible for the brutality of the world. God, as I see it, is not perfect: jealous, angry, joyful, vengeful, and loving. The same characteristics as humans.

So, if god asked me to kill,the answer is 'no'. I can use my own judgement to know that murder is wrong, and I definitely don't need a deity to test me to determine if I am loyal.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My take as well. God holds 'all' the cards. He allows good and evil to flourish, hence making him somewhat responsible for the brutality of the world. God, as I see it, is not perfect: jealous, angry, joyful, vengeful, and loving. The same characteristics as humans.

So, if god asked me to kill,the answer is 'no'. I can use my own judgement to know that murder is wrong, and I definitely don't need a deity to test me to determine if I am loyal.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's illogical for an omniscient God to test Abraham, the entire discourse would have been known to God and the subsequent response by Abrahman aswell. Of course, the God prescribed in the Exodus is copulated by Yahweh of the 4 remaining scrolls and rendered to be as powerfull as lauded by Judeo-Christians the world over, yet, we see instances of Yahweh acting in countenance contradictory of his omniscience..

Deep

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If God tells me to go kill someone friend or foe, I'd tell God to go do it himself, what the hell would he need me for, since he's the all powerful one.

and if God told me to go jump from a bridge, I wouldn't do it either.

"My God" the god I believe in, wouldn't want me to hurt a fly, so whatever God is asking for blood is a fake, a farce and charlatan.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I like the fact that some of you are using hypothetical situations, when any good christian knows that will never happen.

The part about abraham is differant because God promised from his son there would as many decendants as the stars in the sky. It was by faith abraham obeyed, faith taht God would possible bring his song back to life

Honestly people if you are going to try and use the bible against christianity, learn what is really in there yourself, and don't make a fool of youself by taking it out of context.

in the old testement God did command killing, but it was only becasue of being judged as sinners by God first

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
remember when God told kane to kill abel???

this could be another example of God telling people to kill...

remember though, this was a test...

maybe there is an explaination for this quote???

God never told Kane to kill Able. Kane was jealouse of Able

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Then you are obviously suffering from some sort of nuero-biological/chemical disorder and need to have that checked before you hurt someone.

Deep

The logical take on the situation it seems. That would be my first thought as well.

Originally posted by worldwatcher
If God tells me to go kill someone friend or foe, I'd tell God to go do it himself, what the hell would he need me for, since he's the all powerful one.

This would then be my second thought. I mean come on now. What a lazy bastard!! All powerful, Universe Creator and so on. Can't even do his own dirty work. Let him clean up his own mess. Just like the "Good Book" sais, "You reap what you sow." Then again, he may be confused about just what it is exactly that the bible is trying to say, just like the rest of us!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bush claims to talk to God...You dont suppose...??

I doubt it- My God is a God of love and compassion....God doesnt instruct anyone to kill..he instructs to love and forgive.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
"My God" the god I believe in, wouldn't want me to hurt a fly, so whatever God is asking for blood is a fake, a farce and charlatan.

Right on. The only God I believe in is a God of peace and love not one who would want me to murder. What sickens me the most are the people who would listen and murder in the name of God or would if God asked them to.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
God never told Kane to kill Able. Kane was jealouse of Able

really???

oh man...

sry, i am thinking of the story of abraham and his son...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
God tells me to kill all the time

He also tells me which of you are human and which are really Shapeshifting Reptiles. My wifes Family is FULL of them. I see a lot of them at the DMV too

The UPS man I have locked up in the Basement keeps trying to tell me me he is human but the Lord has told me different.

He has told me which of YOU are really Aliens too.

He has told me to buy lots of ammo and that we have a suprise in store for all the Demons and Reptilians out there

Just Kidding people

Or am I?

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
God tells me to kill all the time

He also tells me which of you are human and which are really Shapeshifting Reptiles. My wifes Family is FULL of them. I see a lot of them at the DMV too

The UPS man I have locked up in the Basement keeps trying to tell me me he is human but the Lord has told me different.

He has told me which of YOU are really Aliens too.

He has told me to buy lots of ammo and that we have a suprise in store for all the Demons and Reptilians out there

ROFLMAO.

Thanks Amuk.
Needed that.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dr Horacid...

Are you hiding from us?

Its not like you not to rebutt our opinions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join