It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you came right out of the gates with Stitchin knowing full well the actual creation myth of ancient Sumer and how odd it is, why not start there and jump straight to Stitchin and discrediting the entire article based on that?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Because Sitchin is one one who invented the aliens from Nibiru coming to Earth.

And Nibiru coming back 'round every 3,600 years, btw.

edit on 8/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Is good. Trolls and spoilers love this forum.

kind regards,

bally

link   
As an astronaut he probably has met and chit chatted with most of professionals and people interested in origins, science, creationism and such wonders of the human time line.

Yet he is right, the ancient civilization and people if the Sumerians recounted a 'story' that originally dodmt start on Earth.

If the Sumerians were distant descendants of an even more ancient peoples undocumented, these stories go back a long time.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Yet he is right, the ancient civilization and people if the Sumerians recounted a 'story' that originally dodmt start on Earth.

Which part of the story didn't start on Earth?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"Google an answer" doesn't cover that.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Do you think it odd that a charioteer was said to carry the Sun across the sky? l

Depends on the size of the Chariot...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'm sure they go back to the pre cataclysmic event that brought us out of the younger dryas, the event that many of the stories touch on

it's not a mistake, an accident or a totaly fake story. they were intentionally preserved

www.historyofinformation.com...

The Epic of Gilgamesh, preserved in the library of Ashurbanipal, was an oral composition written in a literate culture, as distinct from an oral composition composed in an exclusively oral culture. 2.B.1

intentional preservation of their history HISTORY. just because it doesn't fit the modern reductionist model of science doesn't make it any less true or viable

yeah they didn't teach you that in school and it wasn't on CNN, they put a lot of effort into these traditions to preserve their knowledge for future generations, probably remnant's of what was left from the generation that survived the event

"Some might argue that, without writing, the same beliefs could not have prevailed over such a long period of time, but in reality, oral traditions are far more faithfully passed on than the written word. A written account can be open to multiple interpretations, distortions, and transformations, depending on the time and situation, economic imperatives, or the whims of political or religious leaders. Orally transmitted traditions, in contrast, must be rigorously and accurately passed on in order to survive in all their subtlety, and in the smallest of details. Furthermore, the written word, thought to be the surer and safer means of communication, is not only less reliable but also more permeable to outside aggression than are the more secret codes of an oral system. During the time of the Roman Empire, for instance, the fact that the CeltsOffsite Link were still 'prehistoric'—meaning that they hadn't recorded their history, ways, and beliefs— made it much harder for the conquering Romans to devise an appropriate strategy to subjugate them" (Desdemaines-Hugon, Stepping-Stones. A Journey Through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne [2010] 75).

they took these HISTORIES and the passing down of the oral traditions incredibly seriously

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

you just post a story of gods coming from the heavens and creating man to work

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Nowhere do Sumerian myths say where gods came from. But Sitchin did.

Does the Bible say where God came from? Is she an alien too?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I'm sure they go back to the pre cataclysmic event that brought us out of the younger dryas, the event that many of the stories touch on

it's not a mistake, an accident or a totaly fake story. they were intentionally preserved

www.historyofinformation.com...

The Epic of Gilgamesh, preserved in the library of Ashurbanipal, was an oral composition written in a literate culture, as distinct from an oral composition composed in an exclusively oral culture. 2.B.1

intentional preservation of their history HISTORY. just because it doesn't fit the modern reductionist model of science doesn't make it any less true or viable

yeah they didn't teach you that in school and it wasn't on CNN, they put a lot of effort into these traditions to preserve their knowledge for future generations, probably remnant's of what was left from the generation that survived the event

"Some might argue that, without writing, the same beliefs could not have prevailed over such a long period of time, but in reality, oral traditions are far more faithfully passed on than the written word. A written account can be open to multiple interpretations, distortions, and transformations, depending on the time and situation, economic imperatives, or the whims of political or religious leaders. Orally transmitted traditions, in contrast, must be rigorously and accurately passed on in order to survive in all their subtlety, and in the smallest of details. Furthermore, the written word, thought to be the surer and safer means of communication, is not only less reliable but also more permeable to outside aggression than are the more secret codes of an oral system. During the time of the Roman Empire, for instance, the fact that the CeltsOffsite Link were still 'prehistoric'—meaning that they hadn't recorded their history, ways, and beliefs— made it much harder for the conquering Romans to devise an appropriate strategy to subjugate them" (Desdemaines-Hugon, Stepping-Stones. A Journey Through the Ice Age Caves of the Dordogne [2010] 75).

they took these HISTORIES and the passing down of the oral traditions incredibly seriously

I love you for that post. Proper ATS goodness.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You didn't like the story of Ninmah and Enki? Drunken gods engaging in pettiness. A fine tradition carried on through the Greeks and Romans.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

from your source...

Grandiloquent lord of heaven and earth

(Enki answered Ninsikila
"When Utu steps up into heaven, fresh waters shall run out of the ground for you from the standing vessels (?) on Ezen's (?) shore, from Nanna's radiant high temple, from the mouth of the waters running underground."

one reference of going to heaven...

Enki and Ninmaḫ drank beer, their hearts became elated, and then Ninmaḫ said to Enki: "Man's body can be either good or bad and whether I make a fate good or bad depends on my will."
Enki and Ninmaḫ: c.1.1.2
Enki answered Ninmaḫ: "I will counterbalance whatever fate -- good or bad -- you happen to decide." Ninmaḫ took clay from the top of the abzu in her hand and she fashioned from it first a man who could not bend his outstretched weak hands. Enki looked at the man who cannot bend his outstretched weak hands, and decreed his fate: he appointed him as a servant of the king.
Second, she fashioned one who turned back (?) the light, a man with constantly opened eyes (?). Enki looked at the who turned back (?) the light, the man with constantly opened eyes (?), and decreed his fate allotting to it the musical arts, making him as the chief …… in the king's presence.
[ Third, she fashioned one with both feet broken, one with paralysed feet. Enki looked at the one with both feet broken, the one with paralysed feet and …… him for the work of …… and the silversmith and ……. ] [ (1 ms. has instead
She fashioned one, a third one, born as an idiot. Enki looked at this one, the one born as an idiot, and decreed his fate: he appointed him as a servant of the king. ]
Fourth, she fashioned one who could not hold back his urine. Enki looked at the one who could not hold back his urine and bathed him in enchanted water and drove out the namtar demon from his body.
Fifth, she fashioned a woman who could not give birth. Enki looked at the woman who could not give birth, [ and decreed her fate: he made (?) her belong to the queen's household. ] [ (1 ms. has instead
…… as a weaver, fashioned her to belong to the queen's household. ]
Sixth, she fashioned one with neither penis nor vagina on its body. Enki looked at the one with neither penis nor vagina on its body and gave it the name 'Nibru eunuch (?)', and decreed as its fate to stand before the king.
[ Ninmaḫ threw the pinched-off clay from her hand on the ground and a great silence fell ][ (1 ms. has instead
Enki threw all (?) the clay to the ground and was greatly …… ]. The great lord Enki said to Ninmaḫ: "I have decreed the fates of your creatures and given them their daily bread. Come, now I will fashion somebody for you, and you must decree the fate of the newborn one!"
Enki devised a shape with head, …… and mouth in its middle, and said to Ninmaḫ: "Pour ejaculated semen into a woman's womb, and the woman will give birth to the semen of her womb." Ninmaḫ stood by for the newborn ……. and the woman brought forth …… in the midst ……. In return (?), this was Umul: its head was afflicted, its place of …… was afflicted, its eyes were afflicted, its neck was afflicted. It could hardly breathe, its ribs were shaky, its lungs were afflicted, its heart was afflicted, its bowels were afflicted. With its hand and its lolling head it could not not put bread into its mouth; its spine and head were dislocated. The weak hips and the shaky feet could not carry (?) it on the field -- Enki fashioned it in this way.
Enki said to Ninmaḫ: "For your creatures I have decreed a fate, I have given them their daily bread. Now, you should decree a fate for my creature, give him his daily bread too." Ninmaḫ looked at Umul and turned to him. She went nearer to Umul asked him questions but he could not speak. She offered him bread to eat but he could not reach out for it. He could not lie on ……, he could not ……. Standing up he could not sit down, could not lie down, he could not …… a house, he could not eat bread. Ninmaḫ answered Enki: "The man you have fashioned is neither alive nor dead. He cannot support himself (?)."
Enki answered Ninmaḫ: "I decreed a fate for the first man with the weak hands, I gave him bread. I decreed a fate for the man who turned back (?) the light, I gave him bread. I decreed a fate for the man with broken, paralysed feet, I gave him bread. I decreed a fate for the man who could not hold back his urine, I gave him bread. I decreed a fate for the woman who could not give birth, I gave her bread. I decreed the fate for the one with neither penis nor vagina on its body, I gave it bread. My sister, ……." (2 lines fragmentary)

this is OBVIOUSLY a story of the genetic manipulation that gave is man out of monkey's

edit on 19-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: easynow

He is 86 years old... just saying

"...and they got into little spacecraft then they came here and landed, and they started civilization here."

Classic age-induced mental regression. Sounds like a 12 year-old now. Hopefully medical science is working on this issue, as Americans are living longer and longer.

But we appreciate Worden's heroism and service to this great country!

Why is that so much more far fetched then "we evolved from monkeys"?

Its either aliens ,evolution or god. All I know for sure is that I don't know for sure.

Of course, if it all came from ancient aliens, where did they come from?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nowhere do Sumerian myths say where gods came from. But Sitchin did.

Does the Bible say where God came from? Is she an alien too?

When in the height heaven was not named,
And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
And the primeval Apsu, who begat them,
And chaos, Tiamut, the mother of them both
Their waters were mingled together,
And no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen;
When of the gods none had been called into being,
And none bore a name, and no destinies were ordained;
Then were created the gods in the midst of heaven,
Lahmu and Lahamu were called into being.

"An: First Sumerian Lord of the Heavens
The most important god in the Sumerian pantheon is An (known also as Anu to the Akkadians). An was believed to be a sky god, and was initially regarded to be the Lord of the Heavens, or the supreme deity of the Sumerian pantheon. "

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 19-8-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo
If I had to lay down money in Vegas on how the human race was started, I’m probably laying it on the Ancient Alien hypothesis.

In order of what I feel like would have been the most likely:

1) Ancient Alien Hypothesis
2) Evolution

99) Creationism

Now, I’m not sure exactly what the “Ancient Alien Hypothesis” would entail; probes with DNA, actual breeding with Ancient man, a complete reengineering of Ancient man. Take you pick.

I’m just saying that the massive increase in brain size of human beings is unaccounted for and the only thing I can think of that naturally could enhance that would be psychedelics, which may as well be from another planet.

Do psychedelics make you smarter?

Perhaps we got larger skulls because of hydrocephaly?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sitchen or not. He's been to Space.

His beliefs have come from somewhere and who's to say he's wrong?

The whole planet is in space.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

one reference of going to heaven...
That's the story I'm talking about. A drunken pissing match.

Enki and Ninmaḫ drank beer, their hearts became elated, and then Ninmaḫ said to Enki: "Man's body can be either good or bad and whether I make a fate good or bad depends on my will."

Ninmah made deformed creatures out of clay (not genetic manipulation) and Enki could find a use for each of them. Then Enki came up with a creature so pathetic that Ninmah could find no use for it. Enki won the bet.

Tell me, which of those pathetic creatures was man?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Where does it say that An came from outer space? Where, in Sumerian myth, is it said that there is anyplace but Earth and its sky?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

::scratching head::

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join