It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Texas, Armed ‘Marshals’ And ‘Guardians’ Stand Ready

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The OP wants kids to get shot at schools.

It's anti-gun crowd's best moneymaker.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It may seem like a good idea, however, this is going to not go so well. The reality will be hard to swallow

That is exactly what we told all the antigun nuts when they insisted on gun free zones.

So many lives lost because of their stupidity and they still try to make us swallow their idiocy.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sometimes, a million cops just ain't enough

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I think this is a ridiculous and horrible idea. If you really want to have armed guards to protect schools then why didn't they just hire more guards or campus police? I think the real reason behind this is to propagandize and push gun culture on Americans- not to protect our children. There are just too many things that could go wrong withthis, and it's purposefully instilling a culture of fear, which is what conservatives always use to control people. Whether its religion, terrorism or business, fear is always pushed on people to try to control us or take away our rights, and then real, legitimate issues, like education and healthcare, are ignored.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The bold is mine.

Aren't you a proponent for the removal of the 2nd Amendment?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That only applied to Obamacare.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What's your problem with protecting the kids howeve they can?

Why is it whenever Democrats want to protect kids, conservatives say it's just a silly emotional issue???

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

and it's purposefully instilling a culture of fear, which is what conservatives always use to control people. Whether its religion, terrorism or business, fear is always pushed on people to try to control us or take away our rights, and then real, legitimate issues, like education and healthcare, are ignored.

And just what do you call this kind of bull crap? www.abovetopsecret.com... "Panelist On MSNBC Suggests Trump Wants To Round People Up And ‘Murder’ Them
page: 1"

Edit: Fear is a tactic used by both sides.
edit on 19-8-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Why is it whenever Democrats want to protect kids, conservatives say it's just a silly emotional issue???

Because their methods probably are ?
Is that all you have ?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

If Democrats wanted to protect kids, They'd be ANTI-Abortion.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Censoring is crap.

But I honestly feel on ATS if you perpetually post hit and run threads, you should be banned.

The only obvious goal is to either troll, or control a narrative, this should be obvious.

If you truly believe what you post, and have the conviction to do so, then have the testicular fortitude to defend against the opposing view. GRRR this irritates me.

As far as the post, I see nothing wrong with this? why would we? they are highly trained to not only teach and lead, but be there in case something goes bad.

Since when is this type of leadership frowned upon?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

but killing babies is ok? gotcha
edit on 19-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Seems almost like a challenge.

And when dealing with a deranged mind -- could be a trigger.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It costs money to hire additional staff...students are lucky if they even get a pencil for free...do you know how much it costs a business to shell out more insurance not to mention all the other benefits...if they had unlimited funding I'm sure they would pay for the additional personnel.

As far as the real issues they will be ignore regardless...check out the song "Ball of Confusion" nothing changes...The dems could have changed a lot when they had both the house and senate during Obamas first term or rather from 2009-2011. Look at all the poor states and who are they run by politically speaking...they want your poor and dumb and the republicans want you dumb and middle to lower class...neither party is really looking out for the best interest of this country.

Double post...jinx jinx buy me a coke
edit on 19-8-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It costs money to hire additional staff...students are lucky if they even get a pencil for free...do you know how much it costs a business to shell out more insurance not to mention all the other benefits...if they had unlimited funding I'm sure they would pay for the additional personnel.

As far as the real issues they will be ignored regardless...check out the song "Ball of Confusion" nothing changes as the song is just as relevant today as it was back in the 70's...The dems could have changed a lot when they had both the house and senate during Obamas first term or rather from 2009-2011. Look at all the poor states and who are they run by politically speaking...they want your poor and dumb and the republicans want you dumb and middle to lower class...neither party is really looking out for the best interest of this country.
edit on 19-8-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

when dealing with a deranged mind, any of the students are going to be a trigger.

I would rather them trigger someone that can fire back if they decide to go columbine.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not really people doing mass shootings are not looking to go out in a blaze of glory, majority of shootings I have read about have the shooter eating a bullet or meekly surrendering to an armed responder.

The military uses something similar to this for securing the bases, its called a RAM. By having something surprising hiding in the background it naturally makes the security of a place stronger.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What I have been noticing is that it is getting worse, those that are committing the murders, are getting to a point where it is a matter of time. What does one do, when a shooter is prepared to go into a fire fight?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I think this is a ridiculous and horrible idea. If you really want to have armed guards to protect schools then why didn't they just hire more guards or campus police? I think the real reason behind this is to propagandize and push gun culture on Americans- not to protect our children. There are just too many things that could go wrong with this, and it's purposefully instilling a culture of fear, which is what conservatives always use to control people. Whether its religion, terrorism or business, fear is always pushed on people to try to control us or take away our rights, and then real, legitimate issues, like education and healthcare, are ignored.

Perhaps its also about a not so subtle message about who 'owns' or controls the kids. Is it the state making a statement about power.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

How is protecting children promoting guns?,why do you go on liberal websites,and post such things without any facts,just your opinion

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What does one do, when a shooter is prepared to go into a fire fight?

In that case, one goes into a firefight. Simple. There's no choice to be made. The shooter has already made it for one.

You might as well asked, what does one do when one comes face to face with an angry bear. There's no choice to not do so; the bear is there.

The only choice is, does one go into that firefight armed or unarmed? It seems Texas wants people to go into forced firefights armed rather than unarmed. I agree with that.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join