It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Texas, Armed ‘Marshals’ And ‘Guardians’ Stand Ready

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think this is a ridiculous and horrible idea. If you really want to have armed guards to protect schools then why didn't they just hire more guards or campus police? I think the real reason behind this is to propagandize and push gun culture on Americans- not to protect our children. There are just too many things that could go wrong withthis, and it's purposefully instilling a culture of fear, which is what conservatives always use to control people. Whether its religion, terrorism or business, fear is always pushed on people to try to control us or take away our rights, and then real, legitimate issues, like education and healthcare, are ignored.

In Texas, Armed ‘Marshals’ And ‘Guardians’ Stand Ready

www.huffingtonpost.com...

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So politics is more important than protecting children, to you? If it works what is the problem?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think its a reasonable solution. They are receving a very high level of training, which I am very supportive of all persons who carry to be highly trained and practiced.

Would you prefer they just hide and get shot like in Parkland? Theyre doing a responsible job instituting this program, Im all for it.
edit on 19-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
sigh.....Do you ever get tired of whining?

What's your problem with protecting the kids howeve they can?
Your anti gun/anti Conservative rants are getting repetitive.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If it works why not...

Unless you are only worried about the political ramifications if it actually works as planned?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It may seem like a good idea, however, this is going to not go so well. The reality will be hard to swallow, but in addition to the fire of a person intent on doing harm, now there is going to be the chance that children will be harmed by friendly fire.

The reality is that there are very few dead shots in the world. And in a fire fight, one does not just stand still, one moves. After the first shot, one has to re-aim, while moving and having to re-aim.

This is not a solution, it is going to cause a few more problems than what we are prepared for.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oh look.... another hit and run whi....er....Op.. by CB.

Shocked I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
It may seem like a good idea, however, this is going to not go so well. The reality will be hard to swallow, but in addition to the fire of a person intent on doing harm, now there is going to be the chance that children will be harmed by friendly fire.

The reality is that there are very few dead shots in the world. And in a fire fight, one does not just stand still, one moves. After the first shot, one has to re-aim, while moving and having to re-aim.

This is not a solution, it is going to cause a few more problems than what we are prepared for.

Ahem. it depends on what cover you have and if you have any back up to flank said shooter. There are no set rules for a firefight.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's funny how you can change like 4 or 5 words from the OP and the whole thing turns into a Conservative propaganda peace rather than a Liberal one. It's as if there isnt any daylight left between the two anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a wonderful idea to me... now if we in Alabama can get our legislative idiots... er, I mean Congressional Democrats... to do similar. But at least we got Kay Ivey in the Governor's Mansion.

After Alabama legislators rejected a bill that would have armed teachers and school administrators, Republican Gov. Kay Ivey created the “Alabama Sentry Program” to arm administrators on campuses. Democratic lawmakers denounced her action.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

TheRedneck

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When liberal judges are releasing people who are training kids to shoot up schools, someone has to protect our children.

Obviously liberals don't care about children. They only see them as political tools, just like they use minorities.

You prove this in your OP.
edit on 8 19 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Almost every single story of a mass shooting I have read did not have the attacker going out in a blaze of glory, it was as soon as confronted with an armed responder they either surrendered or ate a bullet.

So at least for now the odds of these people actually having to get in a firefight are small, its just having the ability to answer force with force will deter a lot of these cowards.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Are you kidding? The kids should be armed:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Jeez, The Iranians are just now threatening to use Hezbollah sleeper cells to hit us here in the U.S.A. Duh! Some of those impending attacks are going to be against our school kids!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Liberals believe that a government employee is smarter, and even a better shot, than a civilian, as long as he is on the clock.

You are 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a uniformed police officer, than by a LTC holder who is stopping a crime in Texas.

I hold concealed carry licenses in multiple states, including Texas. The TX training is the best available, and is the model other states look to. In fact, one state issued me their CCW based solely on the fact that I had passed the Texas licensing program.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
sigh.....Do you ever get tired of whining?

What's your problem with protecting the kids howeve they can?
Your anti gun/anti Conservative rants are getting repetitive.

Getting? No. They've always been trite and boring.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Obviously liberals don't care about children. They only see them as political tools.

Which explains their stance on abortion.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You're protesting against something you not even know if is going to work.

Just the kind of thread that makes me want to propose a "Red Flag" option in ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I have an idea. what if......we wait and see how this goes, before we # can it. this is something that was suggested by many to protect kids. Protecting kids is what this was all about, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join