It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tonight no Ranting Here.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
75% of the population is a lost cause. Don't bother talking with them. You know who I am talking about. Go out once in a while to any major city.

People with no purpose are easily guided to one by those who do...Thats why they hate him and no other reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Glad to see Trump basically falling asleeep while Sessions talks.

It’s best he not be listened to.

Trump is sort of a Buffoon but Sessions is a maniac.

On the other hand Trump seems pretty riled up about drugs ... we know how well the drug war has workin. Out...

Bah!
edit on 16-8-2018 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Truth. Excellent thread.

S+F

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Metallicus

This is exactly what I've been saying for years. If America falls, we all fall.

Like dominoes...

Strongly disagree.

If the US falls, Russia or China will take over the world.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: carewemust

Not sure how you drain a swamp while at the same time fill it with sewage

Really? You wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do that, but you believe Trump does. Would that make him smarter than you?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I hate Trump because he lies, sows dissent here at home, lowers himself to name calling and petty bickering and is a selfish narcissist. It has nothing at all whatsoever to do with his policies or what he's trying to change in the country. He is a horrible person.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

America was never great. Or so I heard.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: skywatcher44

People hate Trump because he loves the United States of America. It's really that simple...

That is utterly ridiculous and very shallow, ignorant take on the situation.

Here is a small list of reasons many actually dislike the fellow....

Morals and ethics are in the gutter - cheated on his wife while she was pregnant? Sad! Has blacklisted scientists and censored their ability to do their job for political gain. Many of the things his constituents are proud of, are detested by others - I know most of you think your way is the only right way to do things, and while your ego says only you can be right, that isn't actually the truth of it. Utterly and completely ignoring environmental issues. Flip-flopping on so many issues it's not funny - he says whatever he thinks will impress his sheep. There are hilarious videos on this, go watch for a laugh. Laughably thin skin and massive ego, a horrible combination. His respect for woman is pretty much nil. His laughably "swamp killing," hand-picked administration has been decimated - but it's not Trump, it's EVERYONE ELSE who has a problem. He has praised enemies and kissed up to them, while bullying and insulting allies.

... honestly I could go on longer, but I got tired of typing. If you think the ONLY POSSIBLE reason someone could dislike Trump is because he "loves America," your blinders are the size of Texas.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Like dominoes...

Strongly disagree.

Good luck.

You really think so?

Russia and especially China aren't half as expansionist as the US.

There are also lots of countries in Europe, Asia, the Pacific and the Middle East that would oppose them.

And, to be honest, if one of these other countries, even the allies of the US, were attacked, history has shown that the US does nothing until its own interests are threatened. Just look at during the second world war where it took Pearl Harbor to get the US to act (the world remembers).

... and the current government is even more isolationist.

edit on 16/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Like dominoes...

Strongly disagree.

Good luck.

You really think so?

They aren't half as expansionist as the US and there are lots of countries in Europe, UK, Asia, the Pacific and the Middle East that would oppose them.

And, to be honest, if one of these other countries, even the allies of the US, were attacked, history has shown that the US does nothing until its own interests are threatened. Just look at during the second world war where it took Pearl Harbor to get the US to act.

The US has not expanded in over 50 years. Russia has done so in the last decade.

I agree there would be opposition, but bodies win. China has a lot of population. Russia has a lot of solders.
Every nation over run adds solders 'to the cause.'
If you think this would not be forthcoming if the US falls, I would love to hear your reasons.

The isolationist view of the USA was recommended by the founding fathers. It's an interesting bit of history.
edit on 16-8-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Children wanting to have music to fall asleep.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What I was struck by is how California neglected common sense stuff Foresters are suppose to be doing to make sure wild fires do not spread further or as fast as they do when California deals with this a lot.How many logs of downed trees could be used to build things with and the dried up debris that spreads fires much faster.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

We do not have foresters. We have rangers. But they are not allowed to control burn or cull. The citizens and park rangers that are not in cities know what is needed. But the government dictates.

ETA, that is what you get when trusting the government.
edit on 16-8-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Kittens? Oh, how cute.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
And then there’s this.. Just hate hate hate

mobile.twitter.com... t.net%2F1534444305877%2Fframe.html
edit on 16-8-2018 by valve because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2018 by valve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Like dominoes...

Strongly disagree.

Good luck.

You really think so?

They aren't half as expansionist as the US and there are lots of countries in Europe, UK, Asia, the Pacific and the Middle East that would oppose them.

And, to be honest, if one of these other countries, even the allies of the US, were attacked, history has shown that the US does nothing until its own interests are threatened. Just look at during the second world war where it took Pearl Harbor to get the US to act.

The US has not expanded in over 50 years. Russia has done so in the last decade.

I agree there would be opposition, but bodies win. China has a lot of population. Russia has a lot of solders.
Every nation over run adds solders 'to the cause.'
If you think this would not be forthcoming if the US falls, I would love to hear your reasons.

The isolationist view of the USA was recommended by the founding fathers. It's an interesting bit of history.

A little history for you:

January 3rd, 1959. Alaska became a state of the US.

August 21st 1959. Hawaii became a state of the US.

March 1st, 1977. The US claimed maritime borders west of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, within the Dixon Entrance, and in the Beaufort Sea. Canada had previously claimed that.

October 1st, 1979. The US claimed a chunk of the Panama Canal.

June 1st, 1990. The US senate set the maritime border between the US & Russia, which came as a surprise to the Russians, who hadn't been involved.

Not to mention all the Islands in the Pacific that the US left massive military bases on after the second world war and its very recent actions in the South China Sea.

Or, where the US has provided "military aid" for regime change, like in Korea, Iran (Operation Ajax), Laos (where it tried but lost), Lebanon, Bay of Pigs/Cuba (where it lost), Vietnam (where it lost), Thailand, Korea (again), the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Cambodia (where it lost), South Zaire, Gulf of Sidra (Libya), Lebanon (again, and it lost), Grenada, Libya (again), Persian Gulf, Tobruk (Libya again), Panama, Iran, Somalia (where there was no clear victor), Boznia, Haiti, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya (4th time, kicking out Gadaffi).

Not to mention the ongoing conflicts in: Afghanistan (again), anti terrorist fighting in Pakistan, Somalia, Uganda, Syria, Yemen and anti-terrorist fighting in Libya (still bloody Libya!).

Except for those expansionist things that have all happened in the last 50 years, America is not expansionist at all.

... and North Korea has a bigger standing army than China's and Russia's combined (for what that's worth) and nearly 3.4 times the US army's numbers.

edit on 17/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: Byrd

originally posted by: Byrd
If you don't get why he's so disliked, it might be that you're not reading the sources that are critical of him. Or you're giving him a pass for things that you would have demonized in other presidents.

It's pretty obvious why he is disliked as a person. I bet 90%+ of his supporters think he is an @sshole, me included.

The problem is that most people (most notably the sources that are critical of him) can't see past his personal flaws and see/accept the good he is doing for the country and how well he has kept his promises.

I'm giving him a pass for his personal behavior because he is doing the things he said he would.

100%.

There wasn't another person in the GOP primary that was going to do anything other than pretend to follow-through on their platform. GOP leadership is the reverse side of the same DNC coin. That's why they all flipped when an outsider won the primary and there was all that talk of a coup on the floor of the convention. The establishment from both parties (and the beltway and media) melting down was one of the most encouraging reasons to vote for him.

That's why people held their noses and voted for him. Not because they think he's an outstanding human being or role model. That's also why attacking him with name calling is a loser strategy going forward. Everyone knows he is a giant douche. They already knew before the last election. They voted anyway. More "Trump is an awful human being" stories aren't going to change many votes. And conversely, all the talk about him being unhinged and unstable have set the bar so low, he'd have to start a nuclear war to slip beneath it. You can only pretend to be outraged for so long. All but the fanatics are burning out. It was a losing strategy in 2016, and I don't think it'll work in 2020.

Meanwhile, businesses have repatriated billions in off shore money that was stuck there, taxes are down, regulations are reduced, Wall St is booming, unemployment is lowering (not because people are working 4 jobs!).

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

No, not really, he isn't draining anything, he is backfilling the swamp with only the best people like DeVos, Sessions, and the rest of his crew..the ones that are still standing and haven't quit or been shown the door

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
I don't get why so many Americans hate the President. He is seeming to me anyway to be doing more for America than many before him.
Here is a sober meeting worth watching. Seems like some need to put away their bitterness and believe in growth and positvity.
He is doing what he does and to his best, I hope it is not lost..

Trump isn't worth hating. I'm not interested in hating people. I'm more interested in skepticism about everything. I don't trust Trump. I don't think there's anything to be gained by trusting or hating someone who inhabits an office as powerful as the one he does.

You only benefit from wondering why he does what he does and accepting the fact that the truth just might be more complicated than any ordinary citizen can know.

All I know is I have no reason to trust him or any of the information sources we (as citizens) have available to us. I don't think we have any way of knowing who to trust or what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

People hate Trump because he's a deranged, unstable, misogynistic, corrupt, racist whackdoodle whose entire administration seems to be coming apart at the seams. He's a disaster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join