It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fruitage of the Spirit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well I've rarely seen an intelligent comparison from you...

In any case... I don't believe the entity you consider God IS actually God

But believe what you will... and I shall do the same

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Akragon

I don't care who starts wars, Poland, France, The Philipines, Burma Singapore the list of countries invaded and crippled
You are obviously a pacifist, that believes in turning the other check, very Christian of you

People who have life do have it for a reason, their are also laws that mean they forfeit that right if they are irresponsible

I see a similarity between you and the JWs, them not handing paedophile over to the authorities and you constantly moaning against God destroying certain peoples

You're talking about the Catholic Church there, buddy.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

i think the links and video I posted earlier in this thread are very clear.
They explain well how the JWs wont hand information they have of paedophiles in their congregation over to the authorities
They (JWs) think they are above civil law

I noted you ignored all the info I put up
www.sandiegoreader.com...#

Fruit, yeah right

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well I've rarely seen an intelligent comparison from you...

Ohhhhh catty
Aren't you a little off put,

There there Ak, I will be nice

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What is mildness? Betacuckism?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

Gentleness (Greek: prautes, Latin: modestia)
Gentleness, in the Greek, prautes, commonly known as meekness, which is "a divinely-balanced virtue that can only operate through faith (cf. [1 Tim 6:11]; [2 Tim 2:22-25]).[31]

. The New Spirit Filled Life Bible defines gentleness as

"a disposition that is even-tempered, tranquil, balanced in spirit, unpretentious, and that has the passions under control. The word is best translated 'meekness,' not as an indication of weakness, but of power and strength under control. The person who possesses this quality pardons injuries, corrects faults, and rules his own spirit well".

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted".[Gal 6:1]

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love".[Eph 4:2]

Via Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

A true servant of God, a person that loves truth will give of his time to talk about the name of God, Jehovah to the people.

You quote Hebrews 13:15 where the writer of that letter in the New Testament is making an argument to one of the former church leaders to not give up on the newly founded Christianity which had suffered some setback from Roman authorities persecuting them for various reasons.
The person the letter was originally written to was thinking about just going back to Jerusalem and carrying on as a Jew in the way as they had done before they believed the Gospel.
The verse that you quoted is the final admonition to maintain faith, so what he is doing is saying that you do not need to go to a holy city or a holy temple to offer sacrifices, but your time would be better spent with fellow Christians in meetings praising God.
It seems to me that you are trying to make this out as being something completely different, as if we are supposed to be spending our time talking about a name of God that is associated with that city and temple that the writer is saying is basically worse than worthless.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
Do you really think God would use humans to keep his word if they would make a mistake on it?

No. Time and time again, Man has been proven unreliable and untrustworthy.

Does he need humans?

No.

Doesn't he have angels?

He has angels including Satan and demons or mischievous spirits.

Can't angels materialize in human form?

Sure they can. Abraham saw three angels who materialize in human form. It has been done before. And yet Did God preserve his words through Abraham? Nope. Moses came to amend the laws to introduce the 10 commandments. Did God preserve Moses laws? Nope, Paul and Catholics came to alter Moses Laws.

if God wanted a perfect person, he could have had angels write down his word, and preserve it.

Exactly. But he doesn't do it.

He chose to use imperfect humans. Do you think he is in error in doing what he did? Do you still doubt him?

Nope. There is no error from God. The error is in human being who consciously know what they are doing. It was God's plan after all. He knows there is no use in keeping ancient tradition such as slavery through his so-called preserved word. Which is exactly why you don't get to see the autograph. Constantine destroy them all, exactly as God's plan. There is no use in keeping slavery and a lot of gnostic texts.

People change. Culture and languages change. What we understand 2000 years ago are not the same as what we understand today. 2000 years ago people understand whale as fish and bat as bird. Now we understand them as mammals. 2000 years ago people believe in slavery. Now we understand human rights and equality. 2000 years ago, people sacrifice children to appease God so that God ended draught and flood. Now we understand our harvest has nothing to do with appeasing God, therefore we improve our techniques and machinery.

If God can not forsee the changes through the history of mankind, then God is not omniscience. God does not preserve Slavery and inequality of human rights. God does not preserve that Whales are fish and bats are birds. Neither does God preserve that Earth is flat and the entire universe resolve around earth.

Only human being make such ridiculous errors. God has no error. It depend whether you can see through the scripture, or continue to be blinded by faith.

edit on 17-8-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

if God wanted a perfect person, he could have had angels write down his word, and preserve it.

Gods word is never not here................ Gods 'word' is not spoken in the tongues of man.

The present is preserved.............it never ever ever goes anywhere............always right here and right now.

By knowing the constant we can accept things as they are.
By accepting things as they are, we become impartial.
By being impartial, we become one with Heaven.
By being one with Heaven, we become one with Tao.
Being one with Tao, we are no longer concerned about
loosing our life because we know the Tao is constant
and we are one with Tao.

edit on 17-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

You, and I hope every theist here realizes that every single "word" you quote from biblical sources is:

A) Not written by a god, but by a human,

And B) could not be even considered "inspired" by god, on the grounds of absolute inconsistency and contradiction within the entire texts themselves.

All you can honestly state is that you believe these things without requiring any substantial evidence, other than the word of our ancestors and those whom have continued to hold onto said ancient beliefs and ideals.

Which is basically wilful ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ooder57

When you spell willful? It needs two "l"s.

I suggest you look up the word "faith" and read the definition. It might explain a lot about this topic and forum to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ooder57

When you spell willful? It needs two "l"s.

I suggest you look up the word "faith" and read the definition. It might explain a lot about this topic and forum to you.

Meh, one spelling error, I'm honest enough to admit that.

Are you honest enough to accept the academically defined "faith"?

"-Faith
strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof."

Try again.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Neither does God preserve that Earth is flat and the entire universe resolve around earth.

Sorry to have to break this to you, but the Earth is flat, and the universe does revolve around it.
People have always believed that, and only in the last 50 or so years has any large amount of people thought otherwise.
It all comes from the Moon Landing Hoax and ever since then, a fake science has been built around perpetuating that myth.
You should try going on YouTube sometime and then you will very quickly find out it is not even worthwhile arguing against the globe theory of Earth, it is so impossible to support, it is already time to move on to more important subjects.
So, bottom line, the Bible is right, and scientism is done as a religion.
edit on 2018817 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

You're joking right?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum
Sorry to have to break this to you, but the Earth is flat, and the universe does revolve around it.

This topic has been debated to death, even on ATS. I'm not going to drag it over here.

People have always believed that, and only in the last 50 or so years has any large amount of people thought otherwise.

The last 50 years or so? Did the Church told you that? What happen to the trial of Galileo in 1633, about 400 years ago?

It all comes from the Moon Landing Hoax and ever since then, a fake science has been built around perpetuating that myth.

Conspiracy theory that have been debunked over and over, it's not worth my time anymore

You should try going on YouTube sometime and then you will very quickly find out it is not even worthwhile arguing against the globe theory of Earth, it is so impossible to support, it is already time to move on to more important subjects.

I am well aware of flat earthers argument on YouTube. It impossible to support how flat earthers blatantly ignore satellite photos and communication works. Your internet data reach to me not because the earth is flat but because your data signal had to be bounce to the other side of planet due to planet curvatation. Also, it is night on the other half of the planet, which cannot be happening if the earth is flat. Looking through telescope does not indicate any ships won't stay visible on flat surface. You just need to look a little longer than naked eyes, to see they too disappear behind horizon line due to planet's curve. Flat earthers are delusional with perspective and distance, they can't even tell the distant between sun and moon.

So, bottom line, the Bible is right, and scientism is done as a religion.

The Bible is wrong on so many things on scientific level, it's hard to believe an omniscient God could be that primitive and stupid. AK made a good thread about list of Biblical contradictions a year ago.

But then again, men was primitive and stupid on so many level, they had to fly and fall to death just to test God's gravity. The fruit of men's flaws are all over the Bible. Do you need me to list all the scientific bad fruits from the bible?

Do You know the differences between the word of God and the word of men?

The word of God is as clear as water. The word of men, on the other hand, is as murky as the crude oil. God doesn't deceive men with riddles. Men do.
edit on 18-8-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The word of God is as clear as water.

Would you mind elaborating a little on that statement please?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This topic has been debated to death, even on ATS. I'm not going to drag it over here.

I would imagine that would be the case, on some conspiracy sub-forum. Like I said before, it is not worth debating since there is no evidence to support the spherical earth theory.
My point is from the point of view of someone who sees a spherical earth as probably the most absurd thing anyone could believe in.
Now, from that as the starting point for my position, my actual point is not about whether the Earth is flat or not, as if it was debatable, but more that using that notion as if it is "proven truth" as a false religion pitted against the true religion based on the Bible, is an argument no one should engage in because it will only inevitably end in your complete embarrassment.

The last 50 years or so? Did the Church told you that? What happen to the trial of Galileo in 1633, about 400 years ago?

OK, look at what I said, I did not say how long since someone proposed such a notion, but the time when it became a dominate belief worldwide.
And this is not anything "the church" told me, since the specific church I belong to totally accepts the idea of planets and places someone could actually go to and there might even be people living on other planets.
These flat earth facts are things that I mostly learned from watching YouTube videos, as I suggested in my earlier post for others to do likewise.

Conspiracy theory that have been debunked over and over, it's not worth my time anymore

"Debunked" is usually something like a lot of personal attacks on people who hold an opposing view, it is not anything like actually disproving anything.
Anyway, as I say in the above comment in this post, my goal is not to debate whether the details of these stories are true or not, but to present the argument against the use of these stories as if they are just plain irrefutable facts in order to "debunk" the Bible.

It impossible to support how flat earthers blatantly ignore satellite photos and communication works.

You are just proving my point, there is no argument other than personal attacks.

But then again, men was primitive and stupid on so many level, they had to fly and fall to death just to test God's gravity.

Wow! There is a thing called common sense even in young children, regardless of any "scientific" teachings being taught to them.
edit on 2018818 by LolliKum because: fixing misspelling

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I knew these things when I was a child. I am not an old man, but a man. I am sharing things with you. Listen up. My understanding is not to be taken lightly.

Isaiah 2:12
12 The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled),

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

There is an appearance happening here now......................this that is appearing is Jehovah.
This appearance is witnessed here now.

The seer (witness) and the seen (appearance) are one.

Until this is recognised the kingdom shall stay hidden..........because man believes in himself in time.

Vomit.

You said you are not old but a man? You have so many accusations that sound very child like.
You like a child think you have some Superior knowledge and look down on others while you should have been humble.
I am afraid your organization would be very unhappy with the tone and content of your thread here.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

I would imagine that would be the case, on some conspiracy sub-forum. Like I said before, it is not worth debating since there is no evidence to support the spherical earth theory.

There is mountians of evidence... IF you actually care to look...

And just so you know... flat earthers are actually some of the stupidest people walking the planet... Don't group yourself in with them... We already have one dedicated flat earther here... another moron dumbing up the place isn't necessary

edit on 18-8-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join