It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fruitage of the Spirit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Everyone is known by their fruit. Right? Well, what is the fruit of God's holy spirit, His active force?

It is this:

(Galatians 5:22, 23) . . .On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

9 fruits. Do you read correctly?

Let's count them together:

1. Love.
2. Joy.
3. Peace.
4. Patience.
5. Kindness.
6. Goodness.
7. Faith.
8. Mildness.
9. Self-Control.

Against such things there is NO LAW.

Looking at a human or even at a group of people you can know if they have God's spirit operative among them for this alone. They display the fruitage of the spirit.

Where God does not reside there are these things:

(Galatians 5:19-21) . . .Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

edit on 16-8-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It is easy to tell who has God's spirit by looking at these things.

There is another fruit a man/woman of God would have as well. And that is that of the lips:

(Hebrews 13:15) 15 Through him let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his name.

A true servant of God, a person that loves truth will give of his time to talk about the name of God, Jehovah to the people. Along with the aforementioned fruits, and this fruit of the lips, that is the public deceleration, or, the witness of Jehovah to the people we know who have God's approval.

They are Jehovah's Witnesses.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
(Isaiah 43:10-12) . . .“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” 12 “I am the One who declared and saved and made known When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: redletter
It is worth comparing this with what James says about the effects of "the wisdom from above" as compared with "earthly, devilish wisdom".
"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without uncertainty or insincerity. And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." James ch3 vv17-18

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
It is worth comparing this with what James says about the effects of "the wisdom from above" as compared with "earthly, devilish wisdom".
"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without uncertainty or insincerity. And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." James ch3 vv17-18

The wisdom from above is quite different from man's wisdom. They think arrogance and aggression is wisdom. But as this scripture shows, God teaches us that real wisdom comes from humility, patience, and being peaceable.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have a theory that the contrast between the two kinds of wisdom is actually James' re-wording of the Galatians contrast between "spirit and flesh". That's why the two lists are so similar.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I have a theory that the contrast between the two kinds of wisdom is actually James' re-wording of the Galatians contrast between "spirit and flesh". That's why the two lists are so similar.

How do you keep walking by spirit? God will allow you to endure things you never thought possible, but he will eventually pull you out of it.

Hho God made us (his chosen ones) the inside is in conflict with the flesh.

I have read enough to know you are very knowledgeable about the Bible. But you have no purview here. Do not be presumptuous.
edit on 16-8-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Also, for those curious God made a promise to Israel to keep her in peace if she remained faithful to him. Israel is not in peace. Do you think God lied, or Israel did not remain faithful?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Do you think that the JW.org hiding, or withholding evidence of peadophiles in their congregation, not handing them over to the civil authorities is a fruit of the Spirit
news.bbc.co.uk...

You are joking arnt you

Fruit of the Spirit or the flesh, corrupt to the core, disgusting as the Catholics

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
I have read enough to know you are very knowledgeable about the Bible. But you have no purview here. Do not be presumptuous.

There is no need to look for a quarrel. I will continue adding constructive comments on the topic of the thread, if they occur to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
Also, for those curious God made a promise to Israel to keep her in peace if she remained faithful to him. Israel is not in peace. Do you think God lied, or Israel did not remain faithful?

Also for those curious

m.youtube.com...
Great YouTube video about how evil the watchtower organisation is

The bible teaches to submit to civil authority, why doesn't JW.org do that
Because they have no fruit as an organisation

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When you said a Watchtower was evil, I stopped and laughed. You have no idea what a watchtower is.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I tend to wonder when "Jehovah"
exhibits said qualities...

especially in this time...

Though perhaps said entity does not need to adhere to his own rules?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
(Isaiah 21:8) . . .Then he called out like a lion: “Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing constantly by day, And I am stationed at my guardpost every night.

(Isaiah 21:9) . . .Look at what is coming: Men in a war chariot with a team of horses!” Then he spoke up and said: “She has fallen! Babylon has fallen! All the graven images of her gods he has shattered to the ground!”

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Yeah, I think that you thinking its funny is really sick, that you think this is excusable, that it's about what your organisation is called not what it does is funny, funny peculiar

Reflect on that as you reflect on the Fruit of the Spirit

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah, I think that you thinking its funny is really sick, that you think this is excusable, that it's about what your organisation is called not what it does is funny, funny peculiar

Reflect on that as you reflect on the Fruit of the Spirit

Good quote from scripture. Umm...maybe not so much.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So as a Camadian Ak, do you support what the West is doing to the Taliban, ISIS, those types of groups? Should the West stay out of it

Do you believe in justice?
Just wondering

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I knew these things when I was a child. I am not an old man, but a man. I am sharing things with you. Listen up. My understanding is not to be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Your organisation doesn't have the fruit of the Spirit, you are in a cult,,simmilar to Catholicism, get out
JW.org
The fact they protect predator peadophiles indicates that clearly, they are not subject to civil law, it's a cult
They deny biblical teaching for predators of children

Don't take what I say lightly, God is justice

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Your organisation doesn't have the fruit of the Spirit, you are in a cult,,simmilar to Catholicism, get out
JW.org
The fact they protect predator peadophiles indicates that clearly, they are not subject to civil law, it's a cult
They deny biblical teaching for predators of children

Don't take what I say lightly, God is justice

Let us see, by the Bible if you have the holy spirit. Do you have joy? No. Are you at peace? No. Did you show love in your messages? No. etc. You did not fulfill any requirements to think you have God's approval or his spirit upon you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join