It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being screwed around by potential employer after air quality concern

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: TinySickTears

we would get 20 new dudes in on a monday and on thursday we would have 4 guys.

Something is wrong with your training program or trainers if that is the case.

how many foundries you work in?
refineries?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: TinySickTears
he can call osha anytime he wants.

nobody knows they were breaking any kind of laws. all we know is he said it was filthy and disgusting.

that dont mean #.

ive heard all this # before. in conversation with people. my wifes brothers friend or something. man the place was so dirty i should have called osha.

more than likely the place is dirty but within regs and they just dont know # about what regs are.

It's the kind of dirty where everything coming in could potentially be contaminated with mold, human waste, blood, etc, and everything just kindof sits in stale air that gets blown around. You have no way of knowing what you're breathing in. You have to wear protective equipment to even handle the stuff since you could be touching anything (but most of the employees didn't even do that).

cool man.
im just telling you how it reads to me.

just kind of heard it before you know.

it still dont read like you were mistreated but whatever.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

refineries?

I worked in a meat processing plant many years ago... and there is no way only 4 out of 20 new hires would be left after 4 days. Thats a high number of walkouts TST.. what does it say to you ?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

refineries?

I worked in a meat processing plant many years ago... and there is no way only 4 out of 20 new hires would be left after 4 days. Thats a high number of walkouts TST.. what does it say to you ?

it says you have never worked in a foundry. like i thought.
what does a meat processing plant have to do with what i asked?

during the spring/summer when it started popping for like 4 months it would be a revolving door. even the one i am at now. it was pretty clean for a foundry and while not as often as the one i am talking about people quit all the time. they just cant take it.

but it was that bad. seen it happen.
its not for everyone.

edit on 14-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

refineries?

it says you have never worked in a foundry. like i thought.
what does a meat processing plant have to do with what i asked?

during the spring/summer when it started popping for like 4 months it would be a revolving door. even the one i am at now. it was pretty clean for a foundry and while not as often as the one i am talking about people quit all the time. they just cant take it.

but it was that bad. seen it happen.
its not for everyone.

You’re right, I don’t know anything about foundries 😕... sorry. ( I thought I could compare it to a processing plant but they’re obviously two very different things.

I can also see why it may not be for everyone and many leave after only a few days.

Lots of tough jobs out there for men ( though slowly more women are doing some of them)
Watched a road repair crew working in the heat today. Tough grind work, intense heat at times.

Hats off to the guys for taking on jobs that are hard, dirty and frustrating. You don’t get enough kudos for putting out so hard in difficult manual jobs.

Sorry, I drifted off topic .. ( was thinking of all the guys who have quit tough jobs, and I can’t say I blame them. )

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

i dont blame them either.

was just making a point that there is some nasty # out there.
just dont think he was mistreated

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

i dont blame them either.

was just making a point that there is some nasty # out there.
just dont think he was mistreated

I was wrong to assume it was because of training deficiencies, so my apologies.
Though there are many cases where that can be a problem and a potentially good employee leaves because of hostile trainers or deficiencies in training that leave them frustrated , which in turn leads them to give up and quit.

Quite frankly, I think the OP dodged a bullet by not getting hired. The HR woman sounded like a nightmare.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Employees wanting to breath?

What kind of communist # is this!

No one is entitled to oxygen!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
Employees wanting to breath?

What kind of communist # is this!

No one is entitled to oxygen!

The other employees seemed to be breathing. They were alive.

People would say the same thing about my place. What they don't know is we randomly wear monitors on our person to monitor quality levels.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The other employees seemed to be breathing. They were alive.

Yeah, and they'll probably develop asthma and cancer and any other number of health issues if they spend too long in there. I had a friend who was paid a ton of money as part of a huge class-action lawsuit because a bunch of people got asthma and cancer from a factory. You're aware that some places could care less about the health of the workers or the safety of the working environment, and that sometimes employees get sick and die because of crappy working conditions, right? I even had a coworker once who contracted meningitis directly from the job and had to be hospitalized.
I'm not willing to risk giving myself asthma or cancer or some other disease I pick up from contaminated materials for barely more than minimum wage. I have every right to want to remain healthy.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

They probably will?

Ok

If you say so

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They probably will?

Ok

If you say so

Imagine a worker who has to breathe mold and asbestos every day. Would that worker be healthy, or would they probably become ill? You know the answer.
Some workplaces are dangerously unhealthy, and you know that. Trying to insinuate otherwise doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look ignorant.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'm not insinuating anything.
Of course some environments are unhealthy.

My point is and has been it does not sound like you were mistreated.
My other point is just cause you say it's so terrible does not mean it is unacceptable and does not mean people will get sick.
I have been very direct with every post.
Not my fault if you don't understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join