It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face tattoos go mainstream

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I have 12 tats going for #13 in a few weeks...all can be hidden while I'm wearing trousers and a short sleeve...Some of the coolest people I know are tattoo artists. Amazing people, honestly. I don't know more than 2 or 3 who have facial ink.

As for me personally...I think ink is personal. If someone wants to put their ink on their face and show the world...Let 'em. I wont do it. I think it's kind of ugly and detracts from the person. It's kind of like the punk craze of the 2 foot tall mohawk dyed in all sorts of colors....and then shouting at someone "what are you looking at?"

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
Going by that long list of whines, I'd have to assume even generic earlobe earrings are repulsive to you.

We get it, some guys are heavy into the Plain Jane school marm look. Fortunately for the rest of the world, people tend to like being a little more expressive than that.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I find tattoos, piercings, ear holes dirty and repulsive. When I see a young lady on the street with tattoos, I'm always thinking to myself what were they thinking? Do they really think those tattoos make them look attractive?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never really cared what anyone thought about mine. It certainly never mattered if anyone thought it was attractive or not, it was for me, nobody else. Then again, mine isn't readily visible unless I wear certain things, even if it was, like it don't like it, I don't much care.

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Today young people are using their bodies like a walking billboard. It's like wearing the same shirt for the rest of their lives! Personal perspectives change as people get older. A tattoo or ear hole they think was cool back in their 20's, may be an eye-sore or regrettable later in life. Tattoos are like clothing fads in the 70's. The only difference is, clothing fads aren't permanent.
Face and neck tattoos, you might as well forget ever having a professional career.

Twenty or thirty years from now, I wouldn't be surprised the next lucrative business will be in tattoo removals.

I got my tat almost 30 years ago (yep, lots of people getting tattoos back then, I had to book months in advance). I heard plenty of nay saying at the time, similar to what you stated. I've never regretted my tat for one moment. It represents some of the best times & friends of my life, and I'll always be happy I have it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Personally, I don't like tattoos.

That being said, I have seen a few that are artistic and well executed but by far the majority are not.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

What do you think?

I think it looks a mess. Looks like school graffiti that is usually seen in the girls toilets. At least if she ends up regretting it, there is special cover up make up that will hide it (like in the video of 'Zombie-boy' Rick Genest, was quite a stunning looker when seen with no tattoos). Very sad to hear of his accidental death.

Whilst I agree that tattoos, piercings or colourful hair does not prevent you doing your job, most employers, at least at this moment, are of the older generation (or perhaps they have just grown up out of their faddy youth) who see visible tattoos as a negative when it comes to customer contact and business, and so employment opportunities are reduced, especially for those with facial tattoos.

I know a fair few people with tattoos and every single one of them has had a 'cover up' tattoo done where they have regretted a past tattoo.

When I was a kid, tattoos used to be a rebellious/buck the trend thing, now it is so 'main stream' those of us without tattoos are the rebels!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

The "female" you refer to above is a Male and he is Dead also.

edit on 5-8-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A year or so ago I saw a young fella in the locker room of our Y. I politely asked him if I could ask a question about his tat on his arm, an entire sleeve I think it is called. From the shoulder to the wrist.
Ye said sure.
So I asked him, ''is that a full sleeve tattoo of the statue of liberty?
Yes he said.
So I push on and asked if I might ask an other question
He said shoot.
So I asked him, '' Does your statue of liberty, rather than having the face of the statue of liberty, does it have the face of Marilyn Monroe?
He said ''yep''

So I asked, ' one more question''?
' He said '' go for it''

So I asked him. Instead of holding the Bible like the Statue of Liberty does,is your statue of liberty cradling a Thompson Machine Gun?

He smiled crookedly and replied as he thumped his chest,''kinda gets ya right here donit.''

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For the savy entrepreneur an investment into a pro Yag Q-switch laser might be an option. Set up a little kiosk at the mall, get an LLC and go into business. Or a portable service in a van at the Rock festivals and com/con events. The CUTERA COOLGLIDE VANTAGE also looks like a decent unit and a hip name never hurts.

www.nylaseroutlet.com...

Takin care of business the AMERICAN way....MAGA

edit on 5-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ive got both my upper arms done in some meaningful ink but I can cover up if I wanted to, anything above the shoulders and it starts to get a little too much like a scream for attention.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The world is changing. More than any other time in the past, people are able to shape their outward appearance to reflect that which is inside. More than any other time, we are walking artwork and mostly free to use our bodies as a canvas to express ourselves. Permanently. Both my Darlin' and me have permanent expressions.

I wouldn't hesitate to hire anyone with facial tats, although I must say that my very small business does not cater to the elite in any fashion. I have no desire to put any ink on my face or neck, but don't judge those that do. You want to wear your life statement? Yah. Me too. You want to share it with everyone you meet? Fine. I'm a little more selective.

No shame to it. ;o)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My scarred and weather-worn face totally attracts the wermens.
They know they're dealing with a man who has seen some adventure. No ink on my face though.
I was thinking maybe some hot-rod flames on Little Elvis, but I have come to no firm decision on that one.
edit on 5-8-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's a bunch.

www.tattoosbeautiful.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If I want ink, I wouldn't know what kind if imagery to get. Perhaps a large question mark on my forehead.

Rest in Peace whaaa....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

The "female" you refer to above is a Male and he is Dead also.

Thank you for the correction. Have to admit, from photos it is hard to tell male from female these days, not helped by the name Kat Von D being mentioned in the text in the OP. I thought that was who was in the pic. So sad to hear of yet another young life snuffed out, suicide I gather and only 21.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What do I think?

I don't care how mainstream it gets I'm not walking around with graffiti on my face. Or anywhere else on my body, for that matter. Same reason I don't have a bone through my nose or any of that nonsense.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Everything "underground" eventually goes mainstream because mainstream becomes boring after a while pertaining to fashion but borrowing from some cultural ideals as well. Can only regurgitate things so much before masses look for seek the rather taboo trends and accept them. Such as the subject of tattoos, pay attention how mainstream they are now with work, employees with them in plain view even in banks where it was less common in the last decades. Modeling and celebrities they are popular, and for many if easy to conceal(as mentioned with copy-write issues).

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If it is someones ambition to never work a decent job I'll say go for it...

<< 1  2   >>

join