It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, The U.S. Leads All Countries In Reducing Carbon Emissions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You see wrong. Why would the emmissions be going down? a reply to: celery

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Huhh? Terrible point. As I mentioned....what about those hundreds of thousands of german diesels cheating emmissions. What did the EU do to them? Nothing. Cuz Germany runs the EU.

a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Huhh? Terrible point. As I mentioned....what about those hundreds of thousands of german diesels cheating emmissions. What did the EU do to them? Nothing. Cuz Germany runs the EU.

a reply to: howtonhawky

It is not a terrible point unless you are saying the point you made is terrible cause they are the same.

Forest fires is natural

burning fossil fuels is something that is not natural

by fossil fuels i mean crap we get out of the ground that would never be burnt without us.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Its not only terrible, its a plain stupid point. I didnt bring up forest fires. I DID bring up cheating getman diesel cars which you failed to mention.

9 And please explain to me how plants, dinos or whatever, just pooled into giant lakes over time? And why did the production just suddenly stop?

9a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

According to the 2017 BP Statistical Review of World Energy, since 2005 annual U.S. carbon dioxide emissions have declined by 758 million metric tons. That is by far the largest decline of any country in the world over that timespan and is nearly as large as the 770 million metric ton decline for the entire European Union.

By comparison, the second largest decline during that period was registered by the United Kingdom, which reported a 170 million metric ton decline. At the same time, China's carbon dioxide emissions grew by 3 billion metric tons, and India's grew by 1 billion metric tons.

Yes, The U.S. Leads All Countries In Reducing Carbon Emissions

THIS is why we dumped the useless Paris Climate Accord scam. We were already doing our part, while those most vociferous critics from Canada, France, Germany, and China increased their pollution. Also, I don't believe ANYONE has contributed any money to the fund.

instituteforenergyresearch.org...

Now Mother Jones has and alternate view, so I guess you have to take everything with a grain of salt. So who is right?

www.motherjones.com...

Original report from oil firm British Petrolium for 2017 - sounds legit /sarc

www.bp.com...

Srtange how they ignored all the rest of the renewables in Europe - UK-China Thorium reactors made by Belkin since 2002
edit on 4-8-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

A small diesel engine with turbo is really fuel efficient. No contest at all compared with a gasoline engine
Also you don't you think that diesel scandal wasn't just an attack on VW? Just an easy attack with crazy fines, like 30 billion for attacking a successful competitor in the US really.

The US cares about emissions? Look how big those cars in the USA are on average and how bad they do on fuel efficiency compared with Europe cars. In Europe they drive much smaller cars and which are way more fuel efficient. Small engines with turbo's mostly and way less weight and just way smaller.

No contest at all!

A small diesel engine can run way more efficient then a gasoline engine, is way more durable and even got more power.

Me? I just use my bike or my legs, can do without a car pretty easy.
edit on 4-8-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The great thing about statistics is 68% of them are made up on the spot! The other great thing with statistics is they can be spun into pretty much whatever you want them to mean. For example Co2 reduction here is passed on tons not capita or size of country against reduction. All I know is each country (especially the far east) should be reducing the crap they pump out from CO2 to other gasses and particles. At the end of the day the amount of people on planet earth it's going to leave a mark, reduce the amount of people and you have less of a problem.. put more of them into the equation the opposite occurs.

As for leading the world... to be brutally honest with you the USA doesn't really lead the world in anything other than being 'one' of the most dominant economical and military powers

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Funny how nobody is talking about countries like China and India, which have by far the highest population per capita, massive industrial infrastructure with practically no regulation, and yet contribute the absolute least to these "progressive" carbon tax schemes.

Seems like it only really applies to countries whose leaders are completely willing to dump their money and resources into it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Excuse me.. Are those sites sane..?

I live in Norway (Europe) and we’ve been taxed like hell for emissions since the beginning of 1990 by the EU directives and orders.

Now the US got the flag and claim they did something for the climate? Dude are you sane..?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The US doesn't give a flying bowel movement about emissions at present. If our government did, we wouldn't have rolled back the fuel efficiency standards Obama put forth. Apparently, building cars to have better mileage is a bad thing.

That right the hell there should tell you every damn thing you need to know about Trump's "enthusiasm". Enthusiasm for frolicking behind closed doors with Big Oil, maybe.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yes

a reply to: Kintek

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Then why cheat?

a reply to: Pluginn

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
To be even more brutal....

www.industryweek.com... reply to: ChristianParr

Oh....and on this list is conservation....just sayin.

www.lovemoney.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The hate is strong with this one.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The hate is strong with this one.

a reply to: Nyiah

This is what governments/powers that be do! They like all this patriotic BS ( My country is doing this, my country is better than yours, mine is the freeist country in the world etc)

Governments will not change anything unless people open their eyes. That will not happen for a very long time! Our oceans will be poisoned by plastic before they do anything! All about money! That will be our undoing!

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Im not a country. I just was happy to see pollution going down and there was a misconception about the US not caring due to pulling out of the PCA. the PCA is a joke.

As far as poastic goes....quit using it. Buy stuff not packaged in plastic. Quit uskng microbeads. People change governments...not the other way round.

a reply to: Jay-morris

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Its not only terrible, its a plain stupid point. I didnt bring up forest fires. I DID bring up cheating getman diesel cars which you failed to mention.

9 And please explain to me how plants, dinos or whatever, just pooled into giant lakes over time? And why did the production just suddenly stop?

9a reply to: howtonhawky

Yea...no

we have too many crossed wires to communicate properly

the things you are accusing me of representing are in no way my beliefs...

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well imho lead is a heavy metal.

Leed or lede should be the correct spelling but we do not follow the rules in the spoken word very much and it causes much confusion.

I do not see how everyone will ever agree on any subject if we ignore the little things.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So the reductions have been since 2005, pre-Trump.

So that would be the USA benefitting from policies implemented by Bush Jr and, I'll whisper this for fear of offending, OBAMA.

At what point does Trump rescind these policies and implement new one's to further his and his backers agenda?

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't care who's administration is responsible for it, the fact that pollution numbers are going down should be a good thing shouldn't it? My point about the PCA is that it is useless as many countries pollution numbers are going up. Lead by example, not create another useless organization to house overpaid ex-politicians who won't get anything done.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join