It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, The U.S. Leads All Countries In Reducing Carbon Emissions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

So withdrawing from the Paris Agreement is 'leading by example'?

Let's see how these numbers go in the coming years....my guess, and I admit its only a guess, is that the trend will reverse.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Love how no arguments = insults. Repeat after me: Europe has got more population and pollutes less (with or without diesel).

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
And if they do....i will not be happy. Although i am sure that wont affect ajyone else.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
And repeat after me...the US is trending down while germany, france and others, many who were critical of the US, are trending up. I think i said that 3 times now.

In fact per capita emmissions are the lowest since the 50's. Why waste money on some worthless agreement when we are getting the job none ourselves.

eidclimate.org...
..a reply to: JameSimon

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
2 times same reply..
edit on 6-8-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Because every car manufacturer does it basicly. Only recently you got strict new guide lines which are harder to cheat.
But even when caught cheating the punishment is just way out of proportion!
Also when you see how good those diesel engines from VW are! they can drive easy 25 km on 1 liter of diesel and still with good power (& last forever!).
So sure they may not be as good at putting bad emissions as they are/where on paper but hey drive a gasoline car which only drives 8 km on 1 litre or worse! but is more fair on reported emissions.. but still way more bad then that VW diesel engine which doesn't consume much fuel compared so under the line way better.

This fine is just crazy and way out of proportions for sure.

They just don't like really good fuel efficient cars somehow. But maybe not that weird, more oil sold = good for the dollar!
Buy big heavy cars with big engines! you all want and need that, right...but also complain about fuel prices!?
edit on 6-8-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well that's more like comparing a grapefuit with an orange since the population of the EU is about 1.5x the population of the US. So once you adjust for population, again, America wins. I'm still not tired of all the winning.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All you need to know about the Paris Agreement was when it was done, the climate alarmists were all pissed at how little it did. It was all so the leaders involved could pat themselves on the back.

So when we pulled out of it, it was really no big deal.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Nice Op-ed. From the guy who wrote this:
www.manhattan-institute.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nice Op-ed. From the guy who wrote this:
www.manhattan-institute.org...

So you won't be refuting anything he actually said in the piece I linked?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

He's welcome to his opinion and the agreement was never presented as anything but a non-binding agreement.

However, I seem to have missed this part. Or did you just make that up for effect?

the climate alarmists were all pissed at how little it did.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He's welcome to his opinion and the agreement was never presented as anything but a non-binding agreement.

However, I seem to have missed this part. Or did you just make that up for effect?

the climate alarmists were all pissed at how little it did.

The entire piece isn't opinion. He presents a great many facts to back up his assertions.

There were a number of such opinions at the time, you can't possibly have been oblivious to this?

Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yeah, well. You can't please everyone.
Right?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

To show you dont have that much to chear about the EU has a population more than twice as large as USA and we reduced carbon dioxide more

USA 5.14 billion tons produced during 2017

EU with more than twice the population 1.82 billion tons.
edit on 6-8-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The US is the biggest economy. What do you expect? If we stopped importing crap and used our own stuff then the world economy would go boom. Not godd for anybody.

My point is the hypocrisy by the individual states i mentioned.
a reply to: johnb

n 2017, total U.S. trade with foreign countries was $5.2 trillion. That was $2.3 trillion in exports and $2.9 trillion in imports of both goods and services. The United States was the world's third-largest exporter, after China and the European Union.

Not much difference between imports and exports as you seem to think

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Incorrect. EU member states have a population of just under 510 million. US had just about 330 million. No where near twice the population. We reduced more per capita than the EU. I don't really care anyway as co2 emissions don't really matter. But it's always fun to beat the EU at another thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I would like to burst your bubble.
try doing it by per person....

1 person in China = 0.0076 carbon.
1 person in us = 0.016 carbon.

That means each person in us is
using two times as much carbon.
now go check this for your self.

European Union 0.0068
Russia 0.012

edit on 7-8-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Why would I change my reply, when you have not presented anything even remotely factual that might change my opinion????
If diesels are so good....why cheat?
If anything you are correct....ALL companies are cheating on their diesel emissions. WHy? Because they are gross, stinking, vile things that turn buildings black. On the motorway, I see them accelerrate, and belching disgusting black clouds of fumes. And I am talking cars...not heavy goods vehicles.
qz.com...

And diesel fumes kill people.
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Break it down however you want.....bottom line, most of the countries that boo-hoo'd the US leaving the PCA are increasing their emissions, and the US is reducing its emissions. It's all in the OP. Maybe read a link.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: wmd_2008

Incorrect. EU member states have a population of just under 510 million. US had just about 330 million. No where near twice the population. We reduced more per capita than the EU. I don't really care anyway as co2 emissions don't really matter. But it's always fun to beat the EU at another thing.

UN includes Russia as a member of Europe pop incl them 741.4 m take Russia away 132m now 609 m so population of Europe 609m EU members is now about 512m.

USA 5.14 billion tons produced during 2017

EU 1.82 billion tons.

Whatever way you look at it USA produces to much per person.

So a closer look 512/326 population = 1.57 1/1.57 or 0.63 of the pop of the EU

5.14/1.82 co2 = 2.82

So with 0.63 of the pop of the EU you produced 2.82 times as much keep up the good work.

edit on 8-8-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join