It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Crown Jewels stolen in audacious robbery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thieves have stolen two Crowns and an Orb from a display of the Swedish crown jewels hosted at a cathedral near Stockholm , the thieves were seen running from the cathedral before jumping into a speedboat and making good their escape across Lake Malaren yesterday.

The jewels date back to the early 1600s and are part of the funeral regalia of Sweden's Charles IX and Kristina the Elder , obviously they are pricless and Swedish authorities would very much like them back.

"It's 1-0 to them right now," police spokesperson Thomas Agnevik told Swedish media. "It is not possible to put an economic value on this, it is invaluable items of national interest."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Chances are they were stolen to order and the race is on to recover the items before they disappear into someones personal collection never to be seen again.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
And Sweden police wont give a description of the offenders because there anti racism laws forbid it.
Every time a crime in Sweden have happened and the police wont give a description of the criminals we know why.
Sweden is going to have a lot more stolen if they not man up
edit on 1-8-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Speedboat getaway from a jewelry heist? Geez how cliche, all we need now is Tom Cruise making a perfect HALO parachute jump onto the boat and punching em in the face with an Aston Martin.....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

And Sweden police wont give a description of the offenders because there anti racism laws forbid it.
Every time a crime in Sweden have happened and the police wont give a description of the criminals we know why.

Really ?
You guys are obsessed.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Damn! Sounds like a smash-em-up version of the Italian Job.

They cannot provide a description of the alleged thieves because of racism laws? Whaaatt!? Don't expect to get those crown jewels back! (Not that that would guarantee they be returned, but still. Now they are SOL)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Right! I'm sure it was a bunch of Muslim refugees becasue whenever I want to steal something priceless the first people I turn to are refugees as they obviously have the resources and wherewithal to pull off a heist of this magnitude.

edit on 1-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

They cannot provide a description of the alleged thieves because of racism laws?

For less serious crimes that may be true but this is a serious crime against the nation so I doubt they are constrained.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: FamCore

They cannot provide a description of the alleged thieves because of racism laws?

For less serious crimes that may be true but this is a serious crime against the nation so I doubt they are constrained.

People saw this happening.. and yet no description have been made public

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I have decided to jack the original Declaration of Independence and show that chronic over actor Nick Cage how it's really done. First thing I did to ensure success was to go down to my local Home Depot and hire a crack team of super criminals who were standing outside looking for day work.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

People saw this happening.. and yet no description have been made public

Operational reasons ?
It happened yesterday why would they let the criminals know they have their descriptions until they have to.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Operational reasons ?
It happened yesterday why would they let the criminals know they have their descriptions until they have to.

That makes sense. What makes more sense is that they're protecting Muslim refugees.

Wanna hear about my other plot to boost the Mona Lisa?

edit on 1-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wanna hear about my other plot to boost the Mona Lisa?

Not in public , PM me.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Really ?
You guys are obsessed.

Not buying this "can't ID crims cos racism" malarkey, sounds like its been pulled outta someone's rear end and nobody bothers to check cos.... IMMIGRANTS!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Actually that is true, Sweden should man up. I read about this incident from news, they used a boat and police are observing air, land and water to catch the thieves.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

They are now well over the border.
Either ransom them back through back channel's.
Sell them to a private collector for a similar amount.
Melt them down for far less then they are worth and destroy there vastly more important historical value for a few buck's.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

It's only partly true.

The letter specifies that, for everyday crimes such as burglary, basic information such as ethnicity, nationality, skin colour and height should not be given.
www.independent.co.uk... t-a6810311.html

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The part Sweden should man up is true. They don´t even have a proper army ! Army which could have even helped them in forest fires like armies do when SHTF. What happened to all those Viking genes ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Speedboat getaway from a jewelry heist? Geez how cliche, all we need now is Tom Cruise making a perfect HALO parachute jump onto the boat and punching em in the face with an Aston Martin.....

James bond, Sean Connery and Roger Moor did it first and far better than a Scientologist weirdo ever could, besides his best role was actually in Labyrinth and Tim Curry stole the show as did the pretty actress what was her name, even the elf with a crush on him was a better actor but of course make someone a brand and bob's your uncle, still prefer Moor and Connery.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate the guy but seriously Scientology what did L'Ron Hubbard say.
“You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.” or conversely from my point of view Corrupt One (many organised religion's have rich priesthoods even my own which preached poverty and giving to the poor), he did the former though and created his own completely made up one for which there was no shortage of weak minded people willing to believe and to follow it.

My guess is those crown jewel's are in Poland of more likely the Ukraine by now.

Best book by Hubbard, Battle field earth which is strictly pulp science fiction, worst movie adaption of a book that deviates too far from the original work, Battle Field earth staring Tom Cruise as Terl the alien overlord, in the book he (and indeed most of the plot) was completely different to the character cruise created.

Hubbard was a good sci fi writer, not a realistic one but some great idea's but a religious prophet?.

Actually Cruise has one major saving grace for which I do like the guy, he does his own stunt's and some of those stunt's are very dangerous so he is definitely not a coward.

edit on 1-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Spacespider

Right! I'm sure it was a bunch of Muslim refugees becasue whenever I want to steal something priceless the first people I turn to are refugees as they obviously have the resources and wherewithal to pull off a heist of this magnitude.

They fled in a boat, can only have been refugees...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually the treasure were quite unprotected just under the glass box no other security measures were in place. They just noticed.. OH NO THEY ARE GONE !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join