It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Get Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
-Warning spoilers

How did I miss this movie for so long???
So I just watched the movie get out. I absolutely love it on so many levels. I think a lot of people (and critics from what I have read) have taken this movie at a very superficial level. There is so much more.

At first bite it seems it's all about the black experience with racism.
As you delve deeper into the movie you realize it is just as stereotypical about white people, you know all white people are super wealthy, educated, live in mansions in the country and have are passive aggressive with their racism, yada yada.

Then when you get over all the racist undertones you realize the movie is about the organ black market, tech and AI. The black market for organs isn't as prominent in the US yet, but in places like India and other 3rd world countries people are being kidnapped, or even selling their organs to the highest bidder. There is a whole documentary about it. It also gets me wondering, are they already doing this stuff like in the movie and we don't really know about it? Now that is scary.
edit on 31-7-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Then when you get over all the racist undertone

I never made it that far.

I am too sick of this agenda to put up with it for 2 hours.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I never made it that far.

I am too sick of this agenda to put up with it for 2 hours.

Oh good lord...

Anyway, OP. It was an excellent movie that I've watched numerous times.
edit on 31-7-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
probably the best movie of last year.

loved it.

There is some interesting alternative ending also if you want to see it, thats pretty good too. I won't spoil it.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It was a little overrated, certainly not Oscar worthy, but it was at least enjoyable.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You totally missed out if you didn't watch the whole thing.
Like I mentioned, I think at first it just highlighted racism, but it was actually about something entirely different.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
-Warning spoilers

How did I miss this movie for so long???
So I just watched the movie get out. I absolutely love it on so many levels. I think a lot of people (and critics from what I have read) have taken this movie at a very superficial level. There is so much more.

At first bite it seems it's all about the black experience with racism.
As you delve deeper into the movie you realize it is just as stereotypical about white people, you know all white people are super wealthy, educated, live in mansions in the country and have are passive aggressive with their racism, yada yada.

Then when you get over all the racist undertones you realize the movie is about the organ black market, tech and AI. The black market for organs isn't as prominent in the US yet, but in places like India and other 3rd world countries people are being kidnapped, or even selling their organs to the highest bidder. There is a whole documentary about it. It also gets me wondering, are they already doing this stuff like in the movie and we don't really know about it? Now that is scary.

Good movie with interesting plot twist. I enjoyed it. The story is really about blacks and white liberals if you want to get deep about it...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

An excellent film and not at all what I thought it was going to be about.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wasn't about organ transplant, the old white people were having their brains dropped into the young blacks head

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Right before I watched Get Out I watched a documentary on the black market of organ trade. I assure you this movie alluded to that.

Basically in real life, people are often being kidnapped (ethnic folks) and their organs ripped out and sold to rich (often white) people.
The movie shows brains for dramatic effect, and maybe one day that is what it will be.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The title could have been about my honeymoon.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Wasn't about organ transplant, the old white people were having their brains dropped into the young blacks head

the brain is an organ. so organ transplant stands corrected.

decent movie. slightly overrated.

top topics

join