It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've noticed that where McD's and other fast food joints have sprung up that fatty people are becoming the norm. In Asia, because of rice some people become very fat, but now Asians are showing there fatness in all time highs. Diabetes is epidepemic here. One out of 4 over the age of 70 is borderline with diabetes here. Lots of has to do with alcohol though and rice and white bread.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Rather be a fat hog than be a shallow person who can't look past what someone visually looks like.

Also this thread should perhaps be in Rant.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
While the OP is rather blunt with his observations, the health implications of being morbidly obese are not the result of people being shallow.

The problem will, like the obese, only get bigger.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This outta be fun!!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Lack of exercise , you can eat what you want as long as you do enough to burn the calories you consume but peoples sedentary lifestyles make people fat.

Run Forrest Run !

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I find most people odd, and I don't understand their reasoning. I judge on intellect, not on how many protons/electrons it takes to make you the 3 dimensional human being that you are.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I've been here in Asia since the early 70's and I remember that fat people were fat, that is a fact, but today, there is a different trend on what fat and obesity means here. Woman are so fat that they have to take the elevator at the train stations, they can't even walk up the stairs.
Men, well, their bellies are about as round as Santa Claus these days. It really starting to be a real joke to watch watch fat people take two sets in the trains these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Assuming you are from good 'ol US of A ...

You guys eat doughnuts for breakfast.

Every take out is oversized and comes with soup or salad !

Go ponder ....
edit on 29-7-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
While the OP is rather blunt with his observations, the health implications of being morbidly obese are not the result of people being shallow.

The problem will, like the obese, only get bigger.

Obviously,.

My problem was with the title.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Go ponder ....

Yeah, I think Americans eat 4 donuts and 2 cups of coffee before getting off to work. I was in America a few years ago and at the international airports, I begun to wonder, how can these fat women actually use the toilets there, let alone get in threw the doors.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Second of these in as many days. It was suggested in the other thread that metabolic rates were fantasy. I disagree. I eat horribly. I gorge based on what my tummy and taste buds want. Never put on any weight since I was a late teen and stopped growing. I live a fairly active life, but that's not always the case. I could sit on my arse and eat lard all day and not put on weight. I definitely have a faster metabolism than most.

I think most people seem to use larger people to cast off their own self-esteem issues.

"Look at me, I'm socially accepted"

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

There are also other issues which come into play - physical disability, Polycystic Ovaries, Endometriosis (to a point), and so on.

Not everything has to do with people eating too much junk food.

And for those that do, have a think about why that might be so? Perhaps people are time poor because the work long hours to spend time prepping healthier meals, or perhaps they have a genuine eating disorder and don't need people shaming them further for it - prompting more overeating.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Lack of exercise , you can eat what you want as long as you do enough to burn the calories you consume but peoples sedentary lifestyles make people fat.

Run Forrest Run !

fuark that I'd have to run every day, all day. to maccas, probly.

Why can't they invent a cheeseburger that makes you lose weight? They can send a car to mars, and cure cancer, but not make fat burning burgers... something is wrong with it all.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've been here in Asia since the early 70's and I remember that fat people were fat, that is a fact, but today, there is a different trend on what fat and obesity means here. Woman are so fat that they have to take the elevator at the train stations, they can't even walk up the stairs.
Men, well, their bellies are about as round as Santa Claus these days. It really starting to be a real joke to watch watch fat people take two sets in the trains these days.

I like my sets, thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Go ponder ....

Fried coke. HmmHmmmm. lets have some of that with our sweet bacon quadruple poundburger with 10 slices of cheese, and a large diet coke.. coz we're on a diet.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Uh-oh.

Ass-u-me

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Go ponder ....

Yeah, I think Americans eat 4 donuts and 2 cups of coffee before getting off to work. I was in America a few years ago and at the international airports, I begun to wonder, how can these fat women actually use the toilets there, let alone get in threw the doors.

They don't go threw them, they throw them.

Me though, I go through them and then throw them. I'm bad like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

I would't talk too much... UK aint exactly thin.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: SummerRain

I would't talk too much... UK aint exactly thin.

I know, and their teeth..

Probably from eating all that rubbish, amirite???

ps: not from the UK.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

If you gain weight, you eat too much.
Water in your legs? Make a check up on your heart.

CICO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join