It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

If you are on a ketogenic diet, eating too much fruit will kick you out of ketosis. That’s a fact.

I know from my own personal experience (I am not on a ketogenic diet) that if I eat too much fruit, I have trouble losing weight. Everything else being the same, if I lower the amount of fruit I eat in a day, I will lose weight. By a lower amount, I mean no more than 2 servings of fruit a day, and mostly berries. I can get a bit crazy with the fruit, especially in the summer when it’s plentiful. I’ve been known to eat half a large watermelon in a day, along with peaches, oranges, grapes, bananas, etc. Too much! Having said that, I have never been obese - just need to lose a few pounds here and there.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People should be who they want to be instead of living your life by an artificial societal norm that changes from year-to-year.

Fat, skinny. . . . . who cares?

Damn we've become such a judgmental society!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: SlowNail

There are also other issues which come into play - physical disability, Polycystic Ovaries, Endometriosis (to a point), and so on.

Not everything has to do with people eating too much junk food.

And for those that do, have a think about why that might be so? Perhaps people are time poor because the work long hours to spend time prepping healthier meals, or perhaps they have a genuine eating disorder and don't need people shaming them further for it - prompting more overeating.

Ummm...some of what you say is true...however...other people can't shame you...only you can do that...

If one chooses to be shamed and further decides to practice excess because of it...then perhaps such behavior lies in self punishing due to feelings of low self worth...

In essence...no other can make one feel or react in any direction beyond what an individual acquiesces to...
These feelings...and attributes...and behaviors...are person specific and much as they are implemented...they can also be negated and other viewpoints or outlooks develop in their stead...

Perhaps we need a word like inlook that might better define an individuals self sight...certainly...it is searching within that initiates positive change through choice...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

There are also other issues which come into play - physical disability, Polycystic Ovaries, Endometriosis (to a point), and so on.

Not everything has to do with people eating too much junk food.

And for those that do, have a think about why that might be so? Perhaps people are time poor because the work long hours to spend time prepping healthier meals, or perhaps they have a genuine eating disorder and don't need people shaming them further for it - prompting more overeating.

less than 1% of obesity sufferers in America stems from a medical condition. yes certain mental disorders prompts one to eat as an outlet or other genetic disorders. but for
the 99% wide'ns, they just suffer from too much input and less output...as encouraged 24/7 by nonstop advertising.
edit on 29-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hunterTheory
a reply to: musicismagic

I think the question should be, why is being over weight or obese so acceptable these days? “Healthy size Barbie”? Why is being over weight labeled being healthy? I live in a very small town and a couple weeks ago, front page of our 11 pg newspaper had the pictures of this years Fair Queen contestants! They was porkers! I couldn’t believe it! I’m 5 foot 7 inches in height and always maintained a weight of 100 lbs to maybe 115 lbs. my entire life, “your too skinny or girl you need to gain some weight! But why? I had more energy than most meth heads! I’ve always felt healthy, never sick, never got any head aches or aches and pains. I have 3 children, 2 I had in my early 20’s so the weight came off before I left the hospital. I was 34 when my last one was born, took me longer to lose the weight. I probably weighed 145 lbs. for an entire year, I felt drained, tired, exhausted. I knew it was from carrying the extra porker weight around. I decided one day I had enough, took me a few weeks but went down to 115 lbs. Oh and regained my energy, and felt healthy again..Just saying

Good for you ! How did you lose the weight ? Exercise , diet, good eating ?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Agreed

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I actually blame Monsanto for this ( in the USA ).... I think all the crap that's been spliced into the food and all the roundup are killing people's thyroid and hormones and Putting people out of whack .....people are not functioning right ... I remember in the 80's reading an article ( I think it was in scientific America ) about this company splicing a beefy steak tomato with torantula genes to make a bigger better tomatoe for consumers..... I am so afraid of spiders that I have never eaten a beef steak tomato again unless it's organic .... Since then , I can only imagine what else has been done with food. It is not natural , and we can't process or adjust to what is being done to us and it is the biggest experiment ever .
edit on 29-7-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

No assumptions.

Experience.

School hols ?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Is there any wonder,all the advertisement aimed at selling things that do things for ya,push for movies ,video games,this is how the country has grown weak,they want a slave society and so far does appear kids are fat,used to be fat kids would try working out to try to fix problem,now they have these liberals glorifying being fat,fat is bad despite what spin you put on it,it isn't ok to be obese it is unhealthy

Ummm...I'm sorry...but this belief that advertising has some effect that causes an individual to consume...is ludicrous...

I mean really...is your will not your own...?

As I sit here on my 27" iMac responding to you while simultaneously drooling over a new Raptor pickup truck...I just gots to have it man...

Actually...I think that while advertising is penetrative...much like a tick...it doesn't shape perception so much as enhance a direction already followed...

I like to view my fellows here On ATS as intelligent specimens...who are not subject to such control mechanisms...who can rationalize how such perceptions operate and not be swayed overmuch by their design or function...

Would that make you...the control group...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ehh. If you're over 70 before you start to get too sick to live, you can't ask for much more. Most people don't live much beyond that no matter what they eat.

I'd be more concerned with why some people seem to develop serious issues like severe diabetes so much younger than others despite having basically the same diet and lifestyle.

If someone is happy being overweight, who am I to judge? I've seen overweight people live into their 80s. I've seen skinny people die at 50.

I have diabetes at 45 and I'm not fat.I'm about 5' 11" and 150 pounds. I did eat a lot of junk food but I never got morbidly obese. About 30 pounds overweight was where I was when I was diagnosed.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There are additives added to food that block enzymes and make it so we cannot burn our fat. Certain minerals and chemistry is needed to properly burn sugars and fat, some of these nutrients are not adequate in foods because the soils are depleted of the nutrients from overfarming. You can add the three, pkn to soil and the plants will grow, but the micronutrients are gone, minerals that give flavor and are needed to make essential nutrients in the plants that we need to consume. The same goes for our meats, the livestock is fed the wrong kind of food or food that is low on these micronutrients so they do not accumulate in the cow or chicken and a tasteless bird results with improper biochemistry to fit our consumption needs.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Way to judge an entire country with a ridiculous stereotype.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

My Grandfather developed diabetes in his early 40s and he was always skinny, right up to his death from a clot after his leg had to be amputated.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Its true humans consume far more than necessary. Many live a lifestyle where food consumption is on a schedule and not when it's needed. That added to restaurants who compensate quality with quantity. I am overweight and i will tell you those two factors are my demons that and the amount of work-related travel adds to it.

In addition, food has become an antidepressant to the world we live in. Its a drug most are addicted to. I work out often (once a day), but with my exersize i feel the need to consume more so my efforts result in nil.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This american usually eats bacon and eggs or eggs and grits for breakfast.

Or I eat leftovers from the the night before.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

To be fair that thread about this yesterday was an informative discussion about calorie intake.

This thread is a lot more fat bashing then that one was.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It never meant that... Your generation is just miserable so they try to make others feel miserable.
edit on 29-7-2018 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah cool story bro. People aren't fat "hogs" though. They are fat people. No one is saying hide the issue under pretty words, but don't condone rude, debasing behavior.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Severe untreated parasitic infections....they need to read Hulda Clarks books....the weight will fall off like butter melting in a hot pan once your body can begin working for you again insread of for the parasites within you....we all have them...every living creature on Earth has them....they are normal...what is NOT NORMAL is to NOT HAVE BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT THEM IN SCHOOL...they are the catalyst of all illness and of what we call cancer..

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2018 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join