It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How people would react to first contact

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If you have not seen the 2016 movie Arrival it's really worth watching 2 or 3 times. The plot is kind of weird to get the first time through. But the movie has really grown on me.

One of the things I like about the movie is the way the whole world responds to first contact by extraterrestrials. I think it really is an accurate portrayal of how human beings would react as a group.

Human Beings
Extraterrestrials
First Contact
Freak out?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I really have no idea.

It all depends on how they'd disclose it or in a case of an arrival, how would that be, too.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I was referring to how people reacted in the movie seem pretty accurate to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If I were landing on this planet and have to meet the local mentally ill apes, I'd be freaking out.
edit on 28-7-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case?

Large poo's in trousers.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't how other people would react....

But I would be more than happy to say hello after I changed my underwear.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

While you're having a poop, I'll be loading my luggage up by the main hatch.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

While you're having a poop, I'll be loading my luggage up by the main hatch.

IT'S A COOKBOOK!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It's ok. I have Hollandaise fixings in my backpack. I would like to be lightly simmered.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You, Human, have been, and still are in contact with Alien beings since the beginning of your recorded history.

You can not accept this - You overtly deny alien mindsets and beings - Attributing what you see to some type of
magic and/or delusion.

To the primitive Human species everything that happens [weather, etc.] is attributed to 'magic'.

Science replaces magic, but like magic, it becomes a wall that prevents you from seeing what should be blatantly obvious

- Alien species can not make contact with, and can not communicate with, beings whose intelligence is not capable
ot grasping the existence of beings of a higher order of intelligence.

Want disclosure Human? - Open you eyes and open your minds - Discolsure requres you to evolve one step futher.........

You can not calculoate how Humans woud react to first contact - First contact happened a long time ago.

The question now should be - How would Humans react to the return

edit on 28-7-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If you have not seen the 2016 movie Arrival it's really worth watching 2 or 3 times. The plot is kind of weird to get the first time through. But the movie has really grown on me.

One of the things I like about the movie is the way the whole world responds to first contact by extraterrestrials. I think it really is an accurate portrayal of how human beings would react as a group.

Human Beings
Extraterrestrials
First Contact
Freak out?

watched it, own it ..

not sure.. but it's deep .. LOL

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hey Martha!
Get the shotgun!

There's a god damn space alien in the barn!

When the hell is Uncle Sam gonna build that
Space Border Wall!

Hoo Hee Hoo Haa!

S&F

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Allow me to point out a logical fallacy in your post:

A) You, Human, have been, and still are in contact with Alien beings since the beginning of your recorded history.

B) Alien species can not make contact with, and can not communicate with, beings whose intelligence is not capable

If humans are in contact with aliens, then B) cannot be true. However, if B is true, A cannot be.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Fear and revulsion. The same way we greet new people on already on Earth.

Maybe a cult or 12.

But mostly armed war. Unless they bring shiny things.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Generally speaking, we're as prepared as were going to be for any kind of alien disclosure. Generations have been groomed with sci fi to accept it. The Vatican announced aliens would be acceptable and would not disrupt the Christian faith. That is, if they are friend and loving aliens.

*puts tin foil hat on*

However, based on my learning, I think there may be a dark side thay is closer to the truth. That they have been coming here at will, abducting and experimenting in us against our eill, tagging us like dolphins to study out behavior while our governments remain defenseless.

This may be why Trump is making a space force.
edit on 29-7-2018 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: AlienView

Allow me to point out a logical fallacy in your post:

A) You, Human, have been, and still are in contact with Alien beings since the beginning of your recorded history.

B) Alien species can not make contact with, and can not communicate with, beings whose intelligence is not capable

If humans are in contact with aliens, then B) cannot be true. However, if B is true, A cannot be.

Let me make it clearer -

This post considers a hypothetical 'First contact' - And an acceptance that what is being made contact with is
an alien species.

Man, in his recorded history, has been making contact with 'gods', the God, and all sorts of angels, demons, ghosts,
and other assoreted 'occult' beings.

All these beings are 'alien' to Man's percetptions and understanding - And have been given over time all sorts
of names as mentioned

- The hypothesis I'm stating is that in fact they were, and stil are ET beings who believe in the necessity of masking
their true nature because Hmans would not understand them

- Man is not yet ready for disclosure.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Damn aliens coming down here and taking our jobs. Quick call ice .

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Some people would be front line like that picture you posted from the movie Welcoming them. Others would have the words piss off written on it. I'd likely be some place in the gray area.

On another thread here recently posted, the poster mentions that over 12,000 USAF reports which amount to nothing. So I'd be asking the question, 'What are they trying to convince us of'? That's a whole lot of reporting on a whole lot of nothing.

But, if even half were true, then they're ruling parts of the planet which is why millions go missing yearly. And if that's the case, if we allow technology to overtake every aspect of our lives, we'll all be #'d within the next 50 years or so.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If a girl looked like a girl then hey, that would be cool with me. lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join