It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody's Prepared For This

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yet again,I found another article that I have to share with you all.
We are living in a very interesting and disturbing timeline.I don't
know when mass starvation could hit us,but my advice to people
is you better prepare for the worst case scenario now!
allnewspipeline.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi Mamabeth, good to see you again! Food security isn't given much thought in the US by most people, it seems like it's everywhere (it is if you know how to forage, hunt and trap). Yet our dependence on monoculture crops could be a recipe for disaster. Genetic variety is a good guarantee against complete crop loss but planting the exact same varieties over millions of acres is begging for trouble.

Currency devaluation, weather and ecological disasters, social unrest, fuel shortages, pollinator die-offs - any of these could trigger mass runs leaving grocery stores empty. Even bad storms can shut down power for a week and keep you isolated due to falling trees or landslides like in Hawaii. Having 1 weeks' worth of long term storage food is a minimum to have. 2 months worth should get you through most anything. You don't need to buy expensive MRE's to get by, most canned foods are good several years beyond their use by dates (as are most medications). Don't forget water, everyone needs a minimum of a gallon per day per person.

Keeping your medicine cabinet well stocked is also a good idea at any time.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Simple SHTF prerequisites...

Land with natural spring

Seeds for garden

Gun's and Ammo

Done.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Dear God...
With everything going on in this world, I just keep hoping for the best, but are expecting the worst.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

In ready for anything. Wandered off and survived for four years on the street. Some days i went without food. In psyched up for the hard times.

I know what bush tucker to eat. Weeds etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Simple SHTF prerequisites...

Land with natural spring

Seeds for garden

Gun's and Ammo

Done.

There is no one real survival method to continue but just one, all life surrounds itself around water. Having now seen the destruction here in this country, clean or mountain, stream water is essential. Guns well, what do you do when the bullets run out. A crossbow or bow and arrow is the best in the long term.
Mother Nature will supply you for your needs. Most people won't last but a week or two in conditions of "the gang of the jungle" makes the rules, but even then most of them will perish due since they are leaches off of the work of the goodwill of mankind.
Best to always have some fishing stuff, like a net , a pole and a treble hook.

Also the survival will depend on building a wall of friendship to survive, just ask anyone that has been in combat in the military.
Do I believe times ahead for some nations to collapse, yes, 100%. Is America on the verge of collapse, well it starts with the mega cities, seems to me people are already pissing and doing a number two right in the streets.
So , yes, don't be blinded by those that claim they are in charge of knowing best, they actually don't know jack st what is best even for them, let alone you.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

If things ever get as bad as you guys seem to hope they do, I'll just take myself out. I decided there is only so much BS worth going through. I'll be gone and you guys can stay and try to feed yourselves. Sounds like it's going to be ugly.

Till, then, well, I will enjoy my life like I have for over a half century. Don't have time to worry about this or that. Time is short, enjoy your stay on this planet while you can. Lots of cool things to do, and great places to visit.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So when the tough sets in, you'd opt out.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

If things ever get as bad as you guys seem to hope they do, I'll just take myself out. I decided there is only so much BS worth going through. I'll be gone and you guys can stay and try to feed yourselves. Sounds like it's going to be ugly.

Till, then, well, I will enjoy my life like I have for over a half century. Don't have time to worry about this or that. Time is short, enjoy your stay on this planet while you can. Lots of cool things to do, and great places to visit.

Cheers!

I don't believe you.
Survival instinct will kick in for you.
What really this thread maybe about is "what if this happens", oh, and by the way a natural disaster is always around the corner for mankind.

We are now having typhoon #12 here. Its a biggie.
weathernews.jp...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I NEVER hope for bad things to happen,I just know that
they will sometime soon.Please don't talk about taking
yourself out.What I have been posting is to get people
thinking and preparing for the worst case.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

In ready for anything. Wandered off and survived for four years on the street. Some days i went without food. In psyched up for the hard times.

i lived and survived out bush with my dog in the harshest of climates. Dug out holes to stay cool etc. It is invigorating and freeing to survive against the odds with nothing except the clothes on your back. When it was over 40 degrees i did what my dog instinctively did. Dug a hole under a tree and stayed there for the day. Walked at night and ate at night as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So when the tough sets in, you'd opt out.

Pathetic.

I took it as an eye roll to the three threads on this topic the OP made this morning.

edit on 28-7-2018 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

i lived and survived out bush with my dog in the harshest of climates. Dug out holes to stay cool etc. It is invigorating and freeing to survive against the odds with nothing except the clothes on your back. When it was over 40 degrees i did what my dog instinctively did. Dug a hole under a tree and stayed there for the day. Walked at night and ate at night as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

At least I try to get something posted for others' to think over
and discuss.I am getting tired of all the Trump bashing threads
that seem way too popular right now.
edit on 28-7-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It’s saddening that there appears to be little to no forward thinking in terms of future generations. SHTF might well happen in the next 20 years if things aren’t changed drastically. I blame it on wanton greed and and an economic model of continued growth and expansion with finite resources. It might have worked in the last century but it’s clear unsustainable practices are no longer justified whatsoever.

In the U.K. one third of all food produced ends up in going to waste. That needs to be changed right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I enjoy the topic, and appreciate the relief.
Just a lot of open tabs and refreshing to follow them all.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
While much of the article covers a worse case scenario I can not help but reflect back to some of the preachers I have known whose sermons were always based on fear and the second coming.. Since I am old now but was young then the preachers are all dead and their day of reckoning has not come to pass.

Just in time delivery and crops being destroyed around the world. Yep some places are worse off than others. In the mean time this has been the best rainy season I can remember around here. The rice fields are solid fields of green and we can expect a bumper crop this year.

This video is one week old.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I so pity people that live in fear and its anxiety, as you're really not even living, though I can understand fighting for every last breath that old flesh will provide. After all, God hates a coward. It's simply not going to end well, for the fearful that do not actually trust God. And you aren't likely to realize it, in that state of spiritual blindness, but this is what you're most afraid of, deep down inside, as you well should be.

As to fear, if you think food security is your biggest problem, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

Not that but very few of you would take good advice, to even save your own, eternal souls, but we have to try.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Good list, simple.
As for seeds plant heirloom varieties and you get viable seed for next year.
We have green beans, tomatoes and cukes every year from seeds planted in 2013.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

You should seriously consider adding a hand harvester (one handed pick axe) and a good knife to that mix...years of foraging have taught me the importance of a good hand harvester and we all know the value of a good knife.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join