It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - One Of These Things Is Not The Same

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I typed "one of these things is not the same" to another user in the Stouffers thread.. I had a feeling about it, so I looked it up - and sure enough it's changed.

I vividly remember the jingle - and the words:
"One of these things is doing the wrong thing.. one of these things is not the same."

It was the same if they used kids instead of objects.. (one of this kids is doing the wrong thing) - not very PC, but it was the 70s.

The phrases "doin' the wrong thing" - and - "one of these things is not the same" don't appear anymore..

This is the only example (residue) I could find.
http://friedchickenlips.blogspot.com/2012/01/green-ginger-asian-fusion.html

That's for "doin' the wrong thing" - there is mountains of residue for "one of these things is not the same" - way to much to put here (just google the phrase with quotes).

It had a side teaching of the difference between 'thing' (noun) and 'thing' as a term for an action.

The jingle isn't the same anymore either.. Here's what it's like now:

I just discovered this - so I may be able to find more 'residue' as I go.

They are two separate phrases:
"doin' the wrong thing"
and
"one of these things is not the same"

There's tons of examples of people saying "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same." - but that phrase has NEVER BEEN IN THE SONG!

Neither phrase exists anymore. So if you remember "One of these things is not like the other" - then where's the "one of these things is not the same" part that follows?

..Does anyone else remember either phrase?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I remember the song well. The second line was always "One of these things doesn't belong."

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj
If this had been about a Ministry song I'd probably have a lot more to contribute.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Meh
edit on 26/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cookie Monster no longer exist either as he is now known as the Veggie Monster. I am certain you can find a myriad of residual video which shows him to be Cookie Monster.

I am not exactly able to comprehend what is claimed to be missing from the song referenced as I recognized it immediately from the second video.

The first video seems to be from one of the newer versions of the show but also as I remember as far as words, but more modern music.

I grew up with Bert and Ernie, always my favorites and remember the song since it's part of my memory, something Sesame Street does to teach, repeat, repeat, repeat, it's a standard American teaching technique, memorization, so not sure what's is claimed as being different, it's not

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Originally from Sesame Street (that I grew up on, along with the Electric Company), and that my kids grew up on:

"One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?'

More recent:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is the video you are looking for with the lyrics you said didn't exist...with my Mandela busting hero KERMIT!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Good ole Kermit, always a rebel and basically the sanity compass of Sesame Street. Adlibbed a bit on a standard classic. Goes to show how memory is indeed tricky and that sometimes performers do something not like the others.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The one that will forever be stuck in my mind:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry, but that is exactly as I remember it, same words and tune. You've just forgotten it mate, mandela effect is BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I know I first heard about the Mandela Effect changing the KJV Bible. I investigate this, and, sure enough, in my NASB Bible, a lot of words are different! I was shocked, I tell you, rocked to my very loins.

I never thought I'd say this, but South Africa should not have let Nelson Mandela out of jail. I paid good money for my Bibles! Now, it has been reported, right here, that we can no longer buy an honest box of turkey stuffing! (I always suspected Stouffer's was deep state. Even the name sounds like a Nazi German death camp worker, "Hit der gas, Stouffer!".)

Since these revelations, I've gone to using four layers of foil in my head gear, as if there wasn't enough to worry about: as we speak, I'm certain my toaster has been replaced with a look-alike 5G router, that fourth layer in my hat not just to counter the Mandela Effect.

I was wondering, can Nelson Mandela get into a locked box?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
I typed "one of these things is not the same" to another user in the Stouffers thread.. I had a feeling about it, so I looked it up -

What was that FEELING, exactly?

That you maybe, might have misquoted?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Who cares? Really?

I mean, just, really. Who cares?

That's all I have to add.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

You don't care? Are you saying Nelson Mandela should be allowed to tamper with turkey stuffing boxes?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sorry but I believe the OP must have one of the most suggestable minds ever.

You read something and instantly believe it simply because it conforms to, and confirms (if only in your own head), that your extreme need to prove the Mandela effect is sound.

It's 'One of these things are not like the other'. I grew up on Sesame Street. Well, not ON it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Cookie monster has been back for years.

Thank god, Thursday would be the last straw for me from the politically correct police.
edit on 26-7-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
ahh - a lot of good responses here.. even reposts of the same song, and the lyrics.

that's investigation you can only get on ats!

lol

really surprised no one remembers "one of these things is not the same" - so much residue in the Sesame Street style..

oh well, thanks again fellas!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Oh good, I haven't watched in forever. Glad he is back as I thought he was gone for good.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

uhhh...

muppet.wikia.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sup PearlJ,

Another one that works on me!
Well done.

Although abeverage has pointed out it might not actually classify as an ME.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join