It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 129
<< 126  127  128   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Haha, I'm on it!

I'm back into working again now, had some therapy at the hospital moving my head around to realign crystals in my head (inner ear) seems to be making a difference, not had a vertigo attack since, got another session next week.
The return flight London/Nashville is only £400 depending on the day of travel!
Will I need a MAGA hat to fit in???

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Rally dates confirmed.

Woolacombe. 20 - 23 September.

scooterlab.uk...

Going to try and get to Scarborough, Kelso and Woolacombe and maybe Southport.

The Big 7 Rally looks great, but it might be one too many this year.

www.thebig7scooterrally.com...

Mate, Woolacombe looks great but it is a bitch to get to on public transport. I'm still banned from driving by the DVLA because of my vertigo attacks, and rightly so lol, any news on the Exmouth gig? That is easy to get to with a train station and a short walk to the site.

I love Wollacombe, but will need a mate to come as well who can drive or something.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Exmouth not on this year, looks like its going to be every other year there.
I've heard they are trying to spread them around as there's such a demand.

National Rally's are a massive boost to the local economy.

There may be a local rally, just not a National Rally.

We'll sort something out.

Concentrate on getting as well as you can and we'll take it from there.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Haha, I'm on it!

I'm back into working again now, had some therapy at the hospital moving my head around to realign crystals in my head (inner ear) seems to be making a difference, not had a vertigo attack since, got another session next week.
The return flight London/Nashville is only £400 depending on the day of travel!
Will I need a MAGA hat to fit in???

Hi CornishCG, isn't it interesting how the doctors now show us how to move around our inner ear fluid to avoid vertigo? I was amazed when I went to the hospital here and a young middle eastern doctor showed me what to do - and it worked. I have only had vertigo twice in my life and since I readjusted the fluid in my inner ear nothing for the last 3 years. We have so much to learn.
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago010101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ah cheers mate

Woolacombe is the superior location though if I'm honest, no offence to Exmouth but it is true.
Summer seems so far away right now, the streets are dead without tourists, I relented to myself and put the heating on. This is my least favourite time of year October to beginning of March. If I won the lottery my summer base would always be here but you wouldn't see me when it turns cold and grey.

How do you even live in the barren ice lands of NE England???!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
It is amazing for sure

I haven't had an attack/episode since my last treatment so I'm feeling hopeful right now, but I have a MRI scan on my brain next week because I still have 'residual dizziness' so maybe they can see the cause of that.
Not getting political as it is the banter cafe, but you get tax funded healthcare like me, and I've had scans, monitors, drugs, therapy etc over the last 12 months and I haven't had to pull any cash out of my pocket for it.

It's been bad enough missing out on work and losing income (self employed), but if I had to find money for medical expenses I would have been ruined. I wish healthcare 'free at the point of need' funded by general taxes for everyone in the world.
A few of my mates have private insurance but I've never bothered because my local hospital services are fantastic, in my opinion from the treatment I have received.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hope you don’t mind if I play the jukebox again.
Here’s two versions of a song that I think captures the essence of CCG’s young adult life.

Let me know what version you prefer CCG if any at all .😆

ETA: just press the YouTube link on the second one.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So happy this joint is open 24/7.

Don’t know why I like this next song, but I do. Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s the way music is.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Oh that is a tricky one!!!
I like both!
...and yes my earlier years were wild lol, from the illegal rave scene to activism, civil disobedience and protest.
I may be on a train to London again soon depending on what happens with Brexit.

I know the Black Keys track, I like it, good jukebox suggestions

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Tune for the jukebox on a lazy Sunday night while arguing with folk on ATS.
Brass band from New Orleans, I was lucky enough to see them perform in Bristol (UK) last year, cool bunch of guys, unusual genre but it works...
EDIT
Youtube link won't embed for some reason, here's the direct address... www.youtube.com... You won't be disappointed.
edit on 20-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Tunes on the jukebox for two friends on ATS, first for my friend in TN, big love...

...and for my Russian friend, I know you have issues going on...you will survive, still here for you, life is a long time, you will come out of this stronger, much love.

...EDIT, changed the track for my TN friend as youtube was being unhelpful with embedding.

edit on 20-1-2019 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
...and another, a mix of an orchestra and electronic dance music at the O2 arena in London. It is what I am listening to right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey tarbender * waves*

Here’s another tune you may hear in Tennessee. An old country banjo classic.
Here it is done by Earl Scruggs and other country legends along with Steve Martin and Paul Shaeffer( not sure I spelled his name right😆)

Just played it in another thread than thought of you going to Tennessee. If you know who Earl Scruggs is when you get there, they’ll be impressed. He sort of invented 5 finger picking Banjo style playing.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite drinking songs

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

He’s good at those drinkin’ songs 😆..

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That was brilliant!!!
I'm no musical genre slave, I like all sorts, and I really enjoyed that. After a beer or two I could see myself jumping around dancing to it.

Hope your week is starting well, I only did a half day today, plastered 2 walls (two full coats, not just the joints like they do in the US)...don't want to kill myself on a Monday lol.

I'm so looking forward to making TN happen this summer, I've never done a 'package' holiday in my life, I just catch planes and make it up as I go along, but to be welcomed into a family home is something special, immerse myself with locals, not like a tourist.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Haha crazy video mate!

...I like drinking with mates though, or the pub for banter. I call into my best mate's house most days just for a beer and the chat.
He had started drinking in a problem way (for himself) recently but has cut down big time and getting back in control. I'm really pleased for him and think he has done amazing fixing it. He's a member of ATS but never posts, I know he'll see this so well done mate, you should look yourself in the mirror, smile, and be proud of yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hope your week is starting well, I only did a half day today, plastered 2 walls (two full coats, not just the joints like they do in the US)...don't want to kill myself on a Monday lol.

My week is not starting well.😕 Terrible stomach ache today and I’ve decided to go back to bed.😒
Hope your week keeps progressing nicely.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ah no way, hope you get better soon. Bed is always a good shout.
...and thank you, this year has started well to be honest, finally given up smoking but using a vape so I'm still addicted to nicotine. I shall reduce the dose over time but I'm noticing the difference already without the extra nasties in cigarette smoke. My lungs are clearing out, and walking up my hill I have more energy.
Get well soon

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry this thread is being closed due to circumstances that were not of our choosing.

As everyone knows, ATS (and myself specifically) does really enjoy the community based threads like the shed.

What we don't like are members who have a disagreement with staff (I mean really, who hasn't argued with the mods at some point, it's cool) and respond by calling names and making threats instead of trying to resolve the issue.

So yeah... sorry. Shed is still open.

top topics

<< 126  127  128   >>

join