It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught a pretty big snake! (IN THE HOUSE!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When I was a boy, I lived in Reno NV. The outskirts.. we had Mormon Crickets, Wolf Spiders, Tarantula Hawks and an unassumingly large snakes, spiders, bee's... and women that take bingo very seriously.

Bull snakes are very thick.. err hemmm .. large.

But the fact was....
That snake rid my home of every damn thing I hated.
I learned to appreciate not having a scorpion in my bedroom at night.

Also:
I once had a Boa constrictor. Given the diet, it will grow one foot per year if it's habitat is big enough.

His name was Fred.

edit on 23-7-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I will say this though; it would appear you've gotten some traction on some of your posts on this thread, so there's more than one person who thinks all the stuff I post is crap and BS. Maybe people really aren't interested and are sick of seeing some of this stuff. Maybe much of this crap I post about just happens to everyone, every day, and I should just stop posting some of it. I could probably save some time and effort, that's for sure.

All I can say is I post about stuff I know and things that happen. I don't have much else way out here in the boonies like we are. There's no drugs, no violence, no city life, just country and all that comes with it.

Perhaps nobody really cares about all that.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I will say this though; it would appear you've gotten some traction on some of your posts on this thread, so there's more than one person who thinks all the stuff I post is crap and BS. Maybe people really aren't interested and are sick of seeing some of this stuff. Maybe much of this crap I post about just happens to everyone, every day, and I should just stop posting some of it. I could probably save some time and effort, that's for sure.

All I can say is I post about stuff I know and things that happen. I don't have much else way out here in the boonies like we are. There's no drugs, no violence, no city life, just country and all that comes with it.

Perhaps nobody really cares about all that.

Sir.. Dude..
I've given every sh!t you've ever posted. How dare you!
I've even cooked meals according to your suggestions..

edit on 23-7-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Go get em tiger. I love a good pissing match! But just to save face I like both ya.

Bam my bum is covered now!!!
Sorry about the snake though. Please don't kill it unless needed.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Now those Mormon Crickets are some skeery lookin' bugs FOR SURE!! EDIT...what I was thinking of was a "Children of the Earth" bug (they were wrongly called Mormon Crickets from time to time).

Those things scare the bejeezus out of me! Don't like them one bit!! Used to get them in Wyoming all the time.

My two young nephews came to visit once when I was in my teens. They were obsessed with catching a live scorpion, so I found a couple and put them in a jar for them. The next day at work we found this big Mormon Cricket so I brought that home for them too, and put it in the same jar with the scorpions. That damn thing went right after both of those scorpions and killed both of them almost instantly, then ate them both!! I don't mess with those bugs at all!!

Here's the bug I'm talking about....Children of the Earth

edit on 7/23/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Come to Australia mate ...

You will learn to prioritise.

😎

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Hopefully it was good!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

So I hear.

I've been there. Awesome place, but I didn't get to see much of the bad critters.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Now those Mormon Crickets are some skeery lookin' bugs FOR SURE!!

Those things scare the bejeezus out of me! Don't like them one bit!! Used to get them in Wyoming all the time.

My two young nephews came to visit once when I was in my teens. They were obsessed with catching a live scorpion, so I found a couple and put them in a jar for them. The next day at work we found this big Mormon Cricket so I brought that home for them too, and put it in the same jar with the scorpions. That damn thing went right after both of those scorpions and killed both of them almost instantly, then ate them both!! I don't mess with those bugs at all!!

Lol.. oh dear lord.. ( it takes a desert )

Ok..
You're still here.

Ok I'm nodding off.. I literally just laughed my a$$ off reading your response. And I'm a fully grown man..

FCD.. you just helped me teach 3 nieces and one nephew why you should always check your shoes... put down your device... and observe the world we live in...

Bigburgh out!.

Ok I'm looking for a recipe for pork in a smoker.... due buy 6pm mon.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Do you have outdoor cats? The farmers in my family use outdoor cats to keep snakes away.

I love your posts, don't stop.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Reminds me of the night we heard our two cats chatting about something. Since they seldom just talked to each other I decided to see what was up and headed toward the sound. As I entered the dining room I could see by reflected light that they were in the living room, near the front door and very intent on something. I flipped on the light to see much the same sight that you did, several feet of snake with two very interested cats sitting there as if watching it.

Now, you should know that I'm a recovering snake phobic. There was a time that I would have just frozen up or run screaming from the house never to return. If forced to confront the beast I would have happily ruined the walls and floor by grabbing a shotgun and blowing that critter to its eternal reward. Fortunately, I married the best man in the world and he was a man not afraid of serpents. Like you, he admired and appreciated them so I yelled to him that his services were required. He hurried into the room, saw immediately that it was a rat snake and used the tip of his cane to drag it from behind the chair it was disappearing behind. He grabbed a flashlight and with it curled about his arm took off to the woods, telling it that it was a lucky thing that he had been handy to rescue it. He warned that snake, as he did all of them who ventured into our yard, that it should not come back since his wife was not a lover of its kind and it would be safer to stay in the woods.

Our house was new at the time, it was summer and the a/c was running so the doors and windows were securely closed. I wanted to know how that varmint got inside. The cats actually helped us figure it out when they were sniffing along behind the chair and over to the fireplace. I turned on a lamp near the fireplace and could see a trail of ash leading from the fireplace across the hearth. Evidently that big fella had been checking out the chimney swifts' nests in the chimney and found his way down into the living room. You can bet that from then on when I clean out the fireplace for the summer, I stuff newspapers into the cracks of the damper so no Mr. NoLegs can use that route again!

I can abide spiders, crickets, most any critter----except snakes. Now that my Beloved has taken that ride on Thor's chariot, I have no idea what I'll do if I encounter one of the devils. I know I won't be handing them.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Come to Australia mate ...

You will learn to prioritise.

😎

Just don't go paddling aroung Timely in the nuddie....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well that's one way to find out you don't have mouse problem. Good job identifying him first. I never kill sankes, way too useful of a creature. Infact, every time I catch a Kingsnake, Ratsnake, or pretty much any nonvenomous around my house, I through em up under my porch. Haven't seen a mouse in 6 years.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My wife had a 4ft long blacksnake fall out of a tree into our pool, where she was swimming. Jeezus aint the only cat who ever walked on water!
I'd say I have a snake phobia, but that is like saying the sun is warm in death valley. That would have been a pants poopin moment for me for sure...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Man I'm glad we don't have snakes like that in the UK. We only have two, the grass snake (non venomous and timid) then the Adder, which could maybe kill a small child with it's venom if left untreated, but they are rare. I've only eve seen two in my life.
Cool story, and well done catching it alive

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The house in the country is over 150 years old, so it has snakes in the basement year round. Occasionally, they find their way upstairs. Usually they're just little rat snakes. Every so often, you get the larger variety because they're down there ...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have ratsnakes that live under my house in the crawlspace. They leave me alone and stay out of the house, so I leave them alone.

Now, when I have to go into the crawlspace, I bring a revolver loaded with CCI snakeshot, since I also have water moccasins and copperheads around.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I caught a tomato-eating squirrel yesterday, I should have fed him to your pet reptile.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He probably would have been happy to oblige you and eat your pest.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

...eat your pest.

I said it was a squirrel, not DB.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join