It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gobekli Tepe and the Dog Star

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wow it's the basis of the star seed theory.

Far-out. The dogon tribe.

Great thread. 👆

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The Dogon thing - I read "The Sirius Mystery" when I was little and was fascinated by it. Then it turned out it was probably too good to be true. Disappointed:

The Sirius Mystery - Wiki

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock seem to think that rather that Sirius, the site is more accurately aligned with the Northern Cross constellation of Cygnus, and in particular the star Deneb. Not that they came from there or anything, but more likely that's where the comet fragments appeared before they air burst over the North American ice cap and ended the Younger Dryas.

(H)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I've heard their theory somewhat but haven't dug into it. Going to check it out tonight thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I get you are speculating. I find it an odd speculation is all. As you said they "thought diffently" to how we do. Well so did the Romans, the various Celtic tribes, the Maori of New Zealand etc. None were sending a message. Well ok the Romans did send a message "submit or die" but that was explicit.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I've heard their theory somewhat but haven't dug into it. Going to check it out tonight thanks for the info!

There have also been people looking into a possible alignment with Cygnus / Deneb of the three major pyramids at Giza, if you're looking at them from the Great Sphinx. The suggestion is that the pyramids themselves might have been built relatively recently, but they were built on top of much older sites with that original alignment. It's very common for temples and churches to be built on top of older temples and churches.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

that's possible but I'm pretty sure the Sphinx was built a really long time ago, I really like Robert Schoch's perspective on it

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm of the mind that hunter gatherers didn't even build Gobekli Tepe. It is actually remnants of the megalithic civilization that existed before the Younger Dryas event. They found it and started worshipping it.
Think of it this way, if primitive people came upon something that survived what Earth changes had happened, they naturally would have thought of it from the Gods.
There is NO WAY that a hunter gatherer culture built that structure and encoded some of the astrological information into it. That info would need to be gathered over centuries.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: '___'Knightz

I believe all of the pyramid's and megalithic structures are part of the pre cataclysmic cultures as well. most of the stories and myth's from these cultures talk about an event and many stories of before the event with giants, or like biblical references "in the times of noah"

it's pretty obvious there was something else going on with an advanced civilization prior to this event, you have to want to ignore it if you look at the evidence and continue to suggest that our version of history is what's actually true

I'm sure the truth is locked away in the Vatican archives. i read somewhere that many of the contents of the library of alexandria were copied somewhere...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Exactly!!!!
If you look at all the stories of nearly all of the ancient civilizations they talk of the "gods " who brought them knowledge. Whether they came from the sea, sky or under the ground in these myths I believe these to all be a common people.

The reason that they seem to be different is because you need to remember that they were being described through the lenses of the culture of the time. I really don't think it's any wonder that they all seem to share similar beliefs.

This has seeped into our religions of the day as well. Look at the story of Noah, not only is it replicated in at least 100 different myths around the world but think about the backstory as well. Why was the world destroyed...because of the nephilim that had spread through the land. According to the book of Enoch what also did those nephilim do...introduced all manner of technology and knowledge to us. Sound similar to the mythical stories of most naive peoples?

If your not familiar, I'd recommend listening or reading some of Manly P Hall. He goes into a lot of this history as well as esoteric knowledge that had been passed down through the ages.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Tiwanaku

The Tiwanaku had another odd... seemingly related story about god's creating giants to move the stones.

In Tiwanaku, he created the people out of rock and brought life to them through the earth. The Tiwanaku believed that Viracocha created giants to move the massive stones that comprise much of their archaeology, but then grew unhappy with the giants and created a flood to destroy them[citation needed

The Mayan book of creation the Popul Vuh also has a elemental period where the men are made from clay and wood !
and then destroyed by the gods in a flood.
The beings or humans, were made but made to perfect and when asked they said to the gods, we see everything there is nothing which is without our understanding or grasp they were very happy, and the gods heard this and they did not like it and so made them less !

The Egyptian book of creation also has a similar story of the god Atum creating us and then remaking us as we were too perfect and too like them ! (gods are fallible as they have to destroy their work and start over)

this falls near the esoteric / hermetic understanding of the world , Proto beings before gods made humans !
the mineral body, the plant body and the spiritual body! animism , life in rocks and rivers, life in plants and animals and life in spirit .
We humans were apparently plant people and we reproduced by parthenogenesis

this also ties to the creation myth of the Zulu peoples of africa, that we humans were one sex and we were split into two sexes by the alien overlords Chitauri !

A book which ties this all together scientifically was Hamlets Mill

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: '___'Knightz
Hell even the greek creation myth

the Greeks fought the titans (giants) to secure their civilisation from the gods
and they also had a flood!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, I love reading about GT.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

me and my girlfriend went on a Gobleki Tepe learning spree
and now whenever she hears "Gobleki Tepe" she sort of sighs like!

hahahah

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

that's possible but I'm pretty sure the Sphinx was built a really long time ago, I really like Robert Schoch's perspective on it

That's what I'm saying. The original temple complex was supposedly built to align with Cygnus / Deneb somewhere between 11,600 BC and 12,900 BC, and was abandoned at the time of the catastrophe at the end of the Younger Dryas. It was probably a construction of standing stones, like at Gobelki Tepe. Then the Egyptians came along thousands of years later and rebuilt on the same site, keeping the same alignments but adding the big pyramids.

It's an interesting theory. Andrew Collins seems to think it has merit, but he also believes that Gobelki Tepe was built by a race of Aryan Atomic Supermen, so it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Some of the newest info

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its funny how mundane these buried secrets turn out to be. Sending a message to future races by putting a rock garden in the ground. You can tell a really smart person engineered this mystery.

All I'm saying is a viewmaster with a universal translator and VR recording on it explaining who and what and how would indicate advanced civilization or super ancestors much better than this discovery.
edit on 26-7-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
All I'm saying is a viewmaster with a universal translator and VR recording on it explaining who and what and how would indicate advanced civilization or super ancestors much better than this discovery.

The theory is that they were "advanced," but not yet super technological yet. They had observed the stars and planets long enough to understand the Earth's precession. They knew how to cut and stand large stone blocks, as well as organize enough people to build the temples, so they may have had some simple form of government and laws. They likely knew some kind of mathematics. They may have had a rudimentary form of written language, mostly pictographic. They may have also have had some basic knowledge of farming and animal domestication. But no wheel yet.

They supposedly advanced fairly rapidly during the Younger Dryas, but then they got pounded out of existence before they could get too far. So the big rocks with pictures on them were pretty much the best they could do. And they basically failed in their attempt to record their experiences, because the human population dwindled to such a small number that everybody forgot about them, and what remained was turned into the pretty much worldwide mythology of the "Old Ones," who were here, were great, then were gone when the comet hit.

That's the general theory as I understand it. People are looking for some decent evidence of it, but even if it's true, it'll take time to prove it.

As for "mundane," the knowledge that the Earth can be periodically slammed back into the Stone Age thanks to big rocks flying in from space is pretty important. It's even more important these days, since we have been lucky enough to avoid another pounding long enough to build machines that might actually prevent the next one from happening. If we get our act together.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So basically everything we already knew. Except for proof of creation. Which continues to not exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
So basically everything we already knew. Except for proof of creation. Which continues to not exist.

No, they're saying the old myths were right about some things, such as the older culture being able to pass along small fragments of their knowledge to us. It was the basis for our myths about the teachers who appeared (generally from the sea) and taught humanity some basics to help us survive and thrive after the cataclysm. Of course, the survivors had to piece a lot of it back together over a long period of time. Six thousand or so years.

As for creation? I don't understand how one has to do with the other. We weren't created, either as a species or a culture. We evolved from much earlier forms. The question is how much earlier? And once we figure out why the earlier cultures were destroyed, can we escape the same fate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join