It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump’s tax return?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I hope he releases it in the summer of 2020, right before he's reelected. Obama held onto his BC for over 3 years before he finally released it. And those are mandatory, tax returns aren't.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: CharlesT

A lot of assumptions in here... what'd we'd find, who'd already seen it... that by asking for transparency one is asking for hate.

All of you who have responded, answer me one question, directly... no deflecting or twisting things around.

- Do you think the People deserve to know who is representing them and how they're being represented?

My opinion is based on his performance in office and I'm well satisfied so far. You find a rich business person that hasn't stretched the fine line and I'll pat you on the head and say well done little one.

Thank you for responding.

Given that many people do not share your opinion and have openly asked for the records; do you think the People deserve to know who is representing them?

Obviously many Americans would like this released, have gotten used to it with all past Presidents, and honestly have never had a reason to create a law for it, it was common sense. No it was different than common sense, it was honor. And now that Americans are asking for it, do we have the right to know who represents us?

Probably fewer than you would care to admit.

I'm not implying he is not a US citizen here but many, many more were adamant about seeing and examine Obama's real certified birth certificate but that didn't happen, did it? Instead, the lady that controlled that information was mysteriously the only person that died in a small plane crash.

You should drop the tax return issue. It's 2 years past relevance now and like continuing to bash Bush or Obama, it's just spite driving you to dredge up stale issues. If you distaste Trump, post the faults in his administration NOW to justify your opinion of his performance.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Trump paid more in taxes than all of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Why only if you were running for President would this be acceptable to you? Why stop at just the Presidency there are many others that represent you?

Do your perceived rights supercede others?
So certainly if this is your right it's a requirement of the position?
edit on 7/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

It's a 110% guarantee that if there was any one thing in any one of Trump's tax returns that could sink him, it would have been out over a year and a half ago.

Then there is absolutely zilch to worry about, right? For him or for his support.

And the rest of the Americans have a right to know. So I see that as a win-win. Don't you? Why not just release them?

Maybe he'll release them 3 and a half years into his first term.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People say that the left take a thing about Trump, pick it apart and scream about it for a week, then forget about it in lieu of the next great scandal..

But we forgot about you, your big stick and this dead horse, huh.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You do realize these tax returns will contain nothing of merit to the Resistance and, instead, create a situation similar to the one Rachael Maddow experienced on the lone revealed Trump tax return, in which the revealers will build it up like Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault only to look like complete and total asses when the document proves to contain nothing incriminating and, in all likelihood, instead shows a sizeable amount of taxes paid, charities donated to, and some allowable business losses, right? The tax return is a red herring Trump brilliantly has left sitting on the table for all to enjoy. It's akin to a dog chasing it's own tail... the dog desperately want that tail, just certain he'll become alpha Wunderdog the moment he catches it, then can't figure out why the hell he wasted so much time chasing it once caught because, well... it's just his own tail.

I sincerely will enjoy watching whoever "exposes" the tax returns (and eventually it will happen, either through dumb political tricks like this case or through Trump quietly setting it up when the time is right) look like complete, unmittigated asses. It will be hilarious and glorious, too, but mostly just hilarious. Oh, and it will prove to be one of those things which will push more disgusted moderates straight to Trump's camp. Most people find these types of witch hunts and hystrionics by the media and prominent personalities to be distasteful.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

A lot of assumptions in here... what'd we'd find, who'd already seen it... that by asking for transparency one is asking for hate.

All of you who have responded, answer me one question, directly... no deflecting or twisting things around.

- Do you think the People deserve to know who is representing them and how they're being represented?

My opinion is based on his performance in office and I'm well satisfied so far. You find a rich business person that hasn't stretched the fine line and I'll pat you on the head and say well done little one.

Thank you for responding.

Given that many people do not share your opinion and have openly asked for the records; do you think the People deserve to know who is representing them?

Obviously many Americans would like this released, have gotten used to it with all past Presidents, and honestly have never had a reason to create a law for it, it was common sense. No it was different than common sense, it was honor. And now that Americans are asking for it, do we have the right to know who represents us?

Probably fewer than you would care to admit.

I'm not implying he is not a US citizen here but many, many more were adamant about seeing and examine Obama's real certified birth certificate but that didn't happen, did it? Instead, the lady that controlled that information was mysteriously the only person that died in a small plane crash.

You should drop the tax return issue. It's 2 years past relevance now and like continuing to bash Bush or Obama, it's just spite driving you to dredge up stale issues. If you distaste Trump, post the faults in his administration NOW to justify your opinion of his performance.

And I could say that more than you know want it released and our statements carry equal weight. Maybe where I live, everyone wants it released and where you live no one does. The fact remains Americans want it released.

Are you talking about the birth certificate that he did release, and in a mythically rare occurrence Trump admitted he was wrong about the whole birth certificate thing? How does that hoax relate to this?

So I'll ask the same question I asked everyone else above -- do you think the People have a right to know who represents them?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Tax returns are none of your business.

This liberal obsession with what is in others pockets is tiresome.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If there is nothing there, or all financials are exactly as he claims, or he is as rich as he says and never lied about it -- is there any reason NOT to appease the American public, like every other President has?

Every president since Nixon. Prior, no presidents released theirs... so you're talking about a grand total of 7 presidents... let's not pretend this is some law. 15% of this country's presidents have released their documents. Whooo!!!

That said, when his are finally released or exposed, the game will be obvious. People are going to get played like a fiddle. That's really the only reason they've not been released. It's devious, but it's warranted and couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people than the US media and Resistance agents.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You do realize these tax returns will contain nothing of merit to the Resistance and, instead, create a situation similar to the one Rachael Maddow experienced on the lone revealed Trump tax return, in which the revealers will build it up like Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault only to look like complete and total asses when the document proves to contain nothing incriminating and, in all likelihood, instead shows a sizeable amount of taxes paid, charities donated to, and some allowable business losses, right? The tax return is a red herring Trump brilliantly has left sitting on the table for all to enjoy. It's akin to a dog chasing it's own tail... the dog desperately want that tail, just certain he'll become alpha Wunderdog the moment he catches it, then can't figure out why the hell he wasted so much time chasing it once caught because, well... it's just his own tail.

I sincerely will enjoy watching whoever "exposes" the tax returns (and eventually it will happen, either through dumb political tricks like this case or through Trump quietly setting it up when the time is right) look like complete, unmittigated asses. It will be hilarious and glorious, too, but mostly just hilarious. Oh, and it will prove to be one of those things which will push more disgusted moderates straight to Trump's camp. Most people find these types of witch hunts and hystrionics by the media and prominent personalities to be distasteful.

You do realize that because I am for truth, I am automatically labeled as Resistance? What are you guys, the Empire? First Order?

I don't know why others want it released, but I can speak for myself, I think we deserve to know and I see no reason why it's a secret. It is a right to know who you're being represented by. And if he's squeaky clean, then more power to him. We can drop it just like people dropped the birth certificate when it turned out a hoax, right?

And if he is clean, what a cool and disarming move it would be for him just to release them and go - here you go, like I told you all along, nothing here. Wouldn't that be awesome? Can you see it happening?

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump’s tax return?

Of course there is - just do exactly what team-Obama did. Rape the laws and Constitution in keeping with your base instinct to be corrupt.

(post by CharlesT removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You guys should all be for this, I don't know why you're not.

Wouldn't it be great to prove to us all that there was nothing to worry about, that you told us all along this man is clean and has nothing to hide? Don't you guys want this released?

How sure are you personally that this man is clean and the records are clean? If your confidence is at 100%, let's all start asking him.

Be back later to check comments, work to do. Thank you all for reading and commenting, as always.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You guys should all be for this, I don't know why you're not.

You just asked if there's a way to circumvent the law to try to score political points against Trump. That's called corruption and a violation of the constitution. IRS tax return forms are confidential PRIVATE financial forms and NONE OF YOUR GOD DAMNED BUSINESS.

Wouldn't it be great to prove to us all that there was nothing to worry about, that you told us all along this man is clean and has nothing to hide? Don't you guys want this released?

Wouldn't it be great if liberals could prove they actually give a crap about the rule of law?

"If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about" is not the point of the 4th and 5th amendments.

How sure are you personally that this man is clean and the records are clean? If your confidence is at 100%, let's all start asking him.

It's like you're using 1984 as a manual here, but I'm willing to bet you'll justify it by saying "but he's the president", and yeah guess what? He is also a US citizen and entitled to all the rights, privileges, and immunities afforded a US Citizen. So can it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

vxn, I don't have time for a long reply, but that is not what I said. Please re-read. This is completely legal and will go through the Attorney General of NY State, with the blessing of the Governor of NY. Through a separate lawsuit into fraud.

I don't understand where you got the impression this was illegal or that I was asking for something illegal. I am reporting that this IS happening, not that I am asking if it can be done. This is going on right now and very soon we may have threads on ATS dissecting the returns.

Catch you all later.

Edit: The title is the article title, not my personal question.
edit on 18-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

(post by Illumimasontruth removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
quix·ot·ic
kwikˈsädik/Submit
adjective
exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

what do you want after that? If it's not what you thought it was, would you want something else, something more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join