It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump’s tax return?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: Kharron

It's a 110% guarantee that if there was any one thing in any one of Trump's tax returns that could sink him, it would have been out over a year and a half ago.

And the rest of the Americans have a right to know. So I see that as a win-win. Don't you? Why not just release them?

Excuse me, but I keep hearing about this "right to know." I'm curious where you think you got this right. I'll repeat what I said on another thread about the "right to know" about UFOs. The guy never answered.

There are various declarations of rights floating around where people have claimed "natural rights," i.e.: Rights that are inherent. A good example is the Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Jefferson said these rights come from God, not Man, which is a way of saying these rights are not derived from Man and come from a higher source. Another kind of "right" definitely is man made. A good example of that is the second amendment. Americans have the "right" to keep and bear arms because the 2nd amendment says so. There is nothing inherently natural about this right. The Founders simply said they wanted to have this right and codified it into the US Constitution. It is not a natural right, but it is a legal right.

Now, back to your claim. I am aware of no declaration of Human Rights that states you have the right to know about anything at all. If you look at the various declarations of human rights you can find NOTHING AT ALL concerning your "right to know." About as close as you can come is the right to an education. There is nothing anywhere that suggests you have the "right to know" about someone else's tax returns. IT. IS. NOT. REQUIRED. So the fact that you have declared you have a right is rather meaningless. There is no such right. Your claim reminds me of the Stephen Crane saying:

A man said to the universe: “Sir, I exist!” “However,” replied the universe, “The fact has not created in me A sense of obligation.”

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm going to die of laughter when these taxes are finally public, and all is 100% in order, and it turns out Trump was just trolling everyone for years. Maybe it's a ploy to strip the rabid left of what shreds of credibility they still have. =]
edit on 18-7-2018 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I’ll swap you Trumps tax return for Obama’s birth certificate. Just joking, why would anyone want to provide tax records to the general public? Would you? If you make to much 1/2 the people are jealous and hate you. If you aren’t seccessful enough 1/2 the people think you are a failure and despise you. It’s a no win situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If New York goes against the wishes of the President regarding his personal tax return, there will be hell to pay.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Quick stop in, one thing I'm seeing: No one is reading the article and paying attention to the title or to what is being reported. You're all just rushing to reply and attack, and assume that I wrote this.

1. I did not write this.

2. It is not my title.

3. Whether you or I like it or not, this is happening. They are going to subpoena these tax records through another lawsuit into fraud.

4. What do personal attacks on me have anything to do with this lawsuit.

We might have these tax documents soon. What do you expect we'll find in there? According to the participants in this thread it will be nothing. A nothing burger.

I understand you guys have had a hard week and are miffed. I don't take it personally.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Nope.

The people suing have to provide a valid reason to access the documents. As we saw with Obamas birth certificate the bar is high to access protected information and is incumbent on the person bringing the suit to meet the legal hurdles.
edit on 18-7-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Who cares??? Whys everybody wanting in everyones pockets???

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

- Do you think the People deserve to know who is representing them and how they're being represented?

And personal tax returns do what to further either one ?
The US has forgotten them for the most part .
Except the East Coast NY York challenge to Cali in the race to be the first Fascist State in the Union .
They are quickly deposing Cali as the champion. They have opened a wide gap over Washington State.
2 words
de Blasio
Cuomo.
Don't have to say anything else .

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Quick stop in, one thing I'm seeing: No one is reading the article and paying attention to the title or to what is being reported. You're all just rushing to reply and attack, and assume that I wrote this.

1. I did not write this.

2. It is not my title.

3. Whether you or I like it or not, this is happening. They are going to subpoena these tax records through another lawsuit into fraud.

4. What do personal attacks on me have anything to do with this lawsuit.

We might have these tax documents soon. What do you expect we'll find in there? According to the participants in this thread it will be nothing. A nothing burger.

I understand you guys have had a hard week and are miffed. I don't take it personally.

Get out of your bubble and BREATHE! Breathe brother, breathe. It will all be alright.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Because it is the same exact thing. As the F.B.I. has explained.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

How about you show us your tax returns? Oh, that's a private matter? Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What do they think they will find that the IRS Audits have missed?

The real reason they want them published is so they can drag him through the mud for all of the legal loopholes he used which he already has admitted to..... but you see, if they can get a big "Blockbuster" outrage before November.... Timing...
edit on 18-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Damn guys, 4 pages and no one is still on topic. Not one person.

I'll try to redirect this thread one more time but it's hopeless... these are breaking news, not my own opinion. The state of New York, the one in the United States, is going to go indirectly and try to get the President to release his records.

This is not something I am hoping for, or anyone is speculating about, this is breaking news for today, from New York.

So, personal attacks aside, anyone have anything to add on topic? About the lawsuits discussed in the OP, about whether or not the AG of New York should go after this, how long this whole process might take, do Trump attorneys have any way of stopping this etc?

There is so much to discuss here and what this means, I cannot believe all of you choose to ignore it.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Since, in one case, a civil case may turn into a criminal proceeding concern the Trump Foundation, the tax returns could well be required as evidence in order to show what was paid to whom and where the money came from. Follow the money, right?

All the chatter about "the IRS has already audited them" is quite irrelevant. This isn't about tax fraud.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Since, in one case, a civil case may turn into a criminal proceeding concern the Trump Foundation, the tax returns could well be required as evidence in order to show what was paid to whom and where the money came from. Follow the money, right?

All the chatter about "the IRS has already audited them" is quite irrelevant. This isn't about tax fraud.

Thanks for the first on topic answer, related to the article in the OP.

Should the AG actually make this request and give the Governor a chance to approve it, what chance do Trump lawyers have to avoid it?

Can this go somewhere? I have a feeling we may be discussing these documents here some time soon.

Does anyone know how long Trump would have to release these if ordered to?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It isn't irrelevant as anything of any suspicious nature would have been flagged, tax fraud or not.

The goal of leftist, ultimately, is the release of his tax returns and nothing more beyond that.

All in all, should the left pull off this tactic, rest assured POTUS won't comply, its expected.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

It isn't irrelevant as anything of any suspicious nature would have been flagged, tax fraud or not.

The goal of leftist, ultimately, is the release of his tax returns and nothing more beyond that.

All in all, should the left pull off this tactic, rest assured POTUS won't comply, its expected.

But how do you know what is in his tax documents? How do you know what links are there, what ties? How do you know Russian ties or Chinese, or German ties won't be found? You don't and neither does anyone else.

Unless they are released... and he certainly gave enough cause for concern. Not just this week, but especially this week.

I'm all for transparency. I actually think it would be a good thing to make this law, you want to serve the public and represent the public, you open your life up to the public. You wanna stay private, then stay as one of us and don't promise others to be transparent and represent them. A public office should logically mean transparency, there should be no excuse for hiding things from the people you promised to take care of.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The definition of insanity, is, doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Did the tax return thing yield any results the last 5 times it was brought up?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join