It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we have the technology to detect E.T. transmissions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
a reply to: WarriorMH

Star wars is all about symbolism and occults which is also related to what i talked about. When you research this in the media and entertainment industry you can connect the dots. Youll learn Luciferien and symbolism in every movie and music video. Research that one too, that one gets pretty wild. Heres an example, youll see a lot of celebrities making the triangle symbol over one eye. Anyway, we are all trying to find the truth and any idea and religion connected should be discussed, leaving things out is not being open minded.

All of this is still related very much to religion, and religion is just a way for people to explain things they can't really understand

Like very old generations assuming that thunder or fires were the Gods punishments because of dumb things

Or having to kill kids and take their hearts out to satisfy the rain god and get good crops that year and stuff

This is not how things should be now, we are or were supposed to be beyond that after all the time that has gone by

And yet we are here and suddenly it is not the god of rain or fire or earth but aliens that are fake aliens because they are demons but still have to be tied to religion somehow

It is almost August here in Mexico, Tlaloc is coming soon, people will die, i guess we must say it is because they failed to comply with something somehow, or is it 'God'? Which one other than Tlaloc that caused it? How does that even work? Tlaloc is a god that fell, i guess not too many children hearts are being taken out these days so people will have to die some other way?

I'm sorry i may be ignorant about this but i have read a lot of Mexican culture and it just brings up how this all does not make any sense

I'm sorry i don't want to offend your faith or person, i know i do that somehow i don't meant to ok

It just does not make sense to me so far.

Star wars seems to me more like a mix of all the concepts and faiths from past generations turned into a movie
edit on 17-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would LOOOVE to believe human kind is better then it was 6000 years ago but we are not and alot of this sick stuff (occultism) STILL goes on to this day!
It's part of an evolution, The book of enoc is a good read, about how man kind was the same during the days of noah as it is today, industrialized, spread on every corner of the globe over populated, people no longer believing, gay marriages everywhere. Talked about these angels or aka aliens who flew around in there metal crafts and shown us technologies and bio engineering and were not supposed to get involved with man kind but they did and started to over populate the earth with human and angel cross breeds and that's why god flooded the earth, Noah's family were one of the very few who not only had faith but were of pure human blood of gods creation. The devil has many titles like Apollyon of Greek, Molech of Babel, The sun god of the Pegan religion, The prince of the sky or that who rules the sky (ufo's), The angel of light, This is just what he has been called for thousands of years.
If you want to communicate with an alien then try to communicate with some demons and ask to be abducted by them, try with a ouija board and tell them they can have your body and soul, that will be totally onto you but if your a none believer then this should not be such a big deal right.
It also says in the end of days Apollo (the god of destruction Or lucifer whichever you prefer) will rise in somewhere in switzerland where CERN is. They have already claimed to have open the door to the Fallen which are the ones god cast to hell. Back in Babylon it talks about how man opened the stairway to heaven, they crossed boundries they were not supposed to cross and god destroyed the tower of Babylon and shattered it through out the world, Cern is the same as the tower of Babylon. The people who run CERN also have said they have opened the stairway to heaven which is not our place to go to as we please. Anyways, We all have a choice to make and it is either black or white, God never asked people to kill there children, there have been demons who like humans to perceive them as gods and asked for these sacrifices but the real god doesn't create life and asks it's creation to kill itself. When hell comes on earth it is our doing.
I honestly dont care if this offends you, it is my belief, you believe what you want, I dont care but if you want to communicate with them start with a ouija board, if you know this does not exist and im full of lies then you should have no problem. Kinda makes you wonder why that board is sold in kids stores like Toy 'R' Us... Go for it, let me know how it goes.
edit on 17-7-2018 by xBWOMPx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i suppose if they understood and could use "spooky action" for example we would have no clue as even now entanglement spooky action is beyond science

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xBWOMPx

The people who run CERN also have said they have opened the stairway to heaven which is not our place to go to as we please

You see kind of things like this take everything down. Which people? Could you name them or show where is it they said that?

I don't believe in hearsay

God never asked people to kill there children, there have been demons who like humans to perceive them as gods and asked for these sacrifices but the real god doesn't create life and asks it's creation to kill itself

But there is a very specific part of the bible where he asks just exactly that

I read, i don't believe it but i read, i mostly ready it all in the past 4 years, but not under the idea that it was true

I understand that you are going to say it may not be correctly interpreted, but still once again, why would he do that to beging with? If he knows all and has a plan, how come he did not know if the blind step of faith would end on some kid getting killed? And that thing about the Angel showing up saying he now knows the father fears God, what does that even mean, so if following your interpretation then this "Angel" is a demon and every time someone does advice something bad they are demons, so the bible is full of demons because everything even the sacrifices of lams and stuff are evil

There is not one single time evil doesn't show up in the advice of "angels" or related beings, i don't claim to know everything but i have read lots of that book and i was never convinced of anything but i see lots of people don't even read it but are expected to have blind faith and if i say they are mistaken on something i am also a demon or corrupted, this has happened before

I think we should just stop talking about this now, thanks for your replies but i don't wish to get into this, we will never agree anyway and so this thread was about tech and aliens not about religion so we better stop now

Oh P.S. i did the ouija board a few times, it leads to nothing really, only weak people fall for it because they turn into themselves for the things that scare them and that turns into perception of what's around you, which they will turn into those fears and figure out it has to be something from the outside and not themselves. In reality you get scared of what you have inside, it brings up what you fear the most and turns it against you, but it was all you in the end. I think you are underestimating how powerful a human mind can be, even against you

Spasiba

- Say
edit on 17-7-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If the ouija board is so fake then next time you play with a friend, focus on a number and tell your friend to ask whatever entity you are talking to tell him what number you are thinking. The ouija board is nothing to joke over, Like I said if you want to communicate that is the easiest way. I will dig up those videos of Cern from last year, It's been awhile but they seemed very excited. Had something to do with the bilderberg meeting and cern. I am getting ready to go to work but I will post the video tomorrow, they talk about how they've opened the stairway to heaven, the door way to the fallen, and to beable to communicate with our future selves. Right out fo the horses mouth.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And if their not transmissions ? Is our comprehension sufficient to understand any other source ? Thought ? what other sense, we are limited there.

Like Carl Sagan description of 4 dimensions. Are limited like the flatlanders ? www.youtube.com...

Drake's equation takes the time period intelligent extraterrestrials would be broadcasting radio signals in a format we would be able to detect.

Here's a really good update on the current thinking:

edit on 17-7-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Basically we will never detect any E.T. transmissions with seti !

Reasons :

0 1919 was a good year,(not really a reason but fun to mention)
1 because our Radiotubes aren't big enough. (and ebay doesn't ship them)
2 We are all subjects of the beggar clothed in purple. ( when nothing else works use poetry)
3 Science is ever advancing (asympotical
4 there is too much 'very' dark matter between the stars (of science)

edit on 7182018 by frenchfries because: removed link

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

Well...

I have heard they use the radio transmissions of stuff like hydrogen and oxygen to say there's life. intelligent or not, I am just unsure. My second thing is that ok- say for one second that ETs *do* show up and visit us. The transmissions from their craft should stand out like a naked man in a nun's prayer group, if we had the right equipment and ways to pick up whatever they broadcast with.

My third gripe is we get *data*. Any odd or unusual transmission, we do not get the raw sound of the transmission- we get a pile of numbers and letters. We get 'sounds of the planets', the sun, solar wind, etc etc etc ad nauseum- but not once, not one single time do we get 'sounds of this weird radio burst from this galaxy far, far away'. I'm really curious, and would like to hear those transmissions *as sound*.

Another thing to ponder- again, assume there are starships, etc flying over our heads. Radio transmissions would be horribly slow for ship to ship, ship to planet transmissions, so something far faster and stronger would be needed (and used). Maybe a quantum entanglement doodad, or subspace *grin*. However, radio would be used for stuff like say- ham radio operators, or ancient tech enthusiasts, or things like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Well...

I have heard they use the radio transmissions of stuff like hydrogen and oxygen to say there's life. intelligent or not, I am just unsure. My second thing is that ok- say for one second that ETs *do* show up and visit us. The transmissions from their craft should stand out like a naked man in a nun's prayer group, if we had the right equipment and ways to pick up whatever they broadcast with.

My third gripe is we get *data*. Any odd or unusual transmission, we do not get the raw sound of the transmission- we get a pile of numbers and letters. We get 'sounds of the planets', the sun, solar wind, etc etc etc ad nauseum- but not once, not one single time do we get 'sounds of this weird radio burst from this galaxy far, far away'. I'm really curious, and would like to hear those transmissions *as sound*.

Another thing to ponder- again, assume there are starships, etc flying over our heads. Radio transmissions would be horribly slow for ship to ship, ship to planet transmissions, so something far faster and stronger would be needed (and used). Maybe a quantum entanglement doodad, or subspace *grin*. However, radio would be used for stuff like say- ham radio operators, or ancient tech enthusiasts, or things like that.

I'm not clued up on the actual science but in the film Contact the lead role (Jodie Foster) can be seen actually 'listening' to the signals and data and a comment is made in the film that 'Scientists never do that anymore' to which Jodie replies that she knows but she still likes to do it that way.

So I'm pretty sure the ability to listen is still there it's probably just not utilised.

Their computers can probably process data in the form of numbers so much faster than sound and more easily detect abnormalities.

That's why it's probably done the way it is as opposed to actually listening but I'm sure if they wanted to actually listen then they still could.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Well, as I've said before, it's a worthwhile endeavor simply because of the potentially great cost to benefit ratio. Americans spend a lot more money on their pets (approx. $60 billion / year) than searching for intelligent alien life. And SETI doesn't cost the average person anything because it's all donated money. Don't like SETI; don't donate.

As you said, if SETI ever detects a signal originating outside our solar system that contains intelligible information, it would be a civilization changing event. I think it's worth the few dollars being donated by interested parties, like Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, to keep SETI active to keep that dream alive.

It's also interesting to note that the SETI@home project laid the foundation for Internet users to participate in creating a giant distributed super computer to analyze extraterrestrial radio signals to look for tell-tale signs of intelligence. Now people can donate their unused CPU cycles to a number of projects that use that technology, not necessarily just SETI@home.

-dex

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O
I don't have anything against SETI per se, I just believe they could potentially broaden their horizons a little.

Like I said, limiting yourself to radio-based technology may not be the best way to find ET life.

I think scanning our own skies and monitoring what's happening in our airspace may be another worthwhile endeavour.

I just feel that limiting oneself to one form of technology is.... well.... limited.... I just feel like SETI could do more.

One limit to current SETI efforts is their concentration on the so-called Water hole frequencies of 1.42 to 1.67 GHz. The idea is that ET may use this relatively quiet EM range for purposeful inter-solar communications.

However, if we use human technological development as a model for searching for ET, it seems to me that searching at much lower VHF and UHF frequencies would be a better choice. I believe that at approximately the same time when a civilization reaches the point of high power radio transmissions in this range, it is also reaching a point where it faces its first test of handling technology that can eradicate its civilization. Much like the time period in which we currently find ourselves. I wonder how many of our "galactic neighbors" actually survive this level of development and become interstellar travelers.

Of course it's nearly impossible to monitor extraterrestrial frequencies in this range from a terrestrial vantage point. And any real study in this range would require a space-based radio telescope far outside the Earth's orbit. Perhaps the far side of the Moon would be a good spot.

I believe there is another SETI project that is looking for powerful laser transmissions that would be purposefully transmitted by ET sources. Such a transmission medium is less affected by interference than lower frequencies.

I think that once SETI efforts are no longer limited to terrestrial based facilities, they will have a better chance of success.

-dex

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

To our current knowledge, informational transmission only has a few set pathways of possibility, within space-time.

Whether or not we can give a conclusive answer on the subject, will come down to the percentage of the observable universe we are able to scan for those few set signal possibilities.

It likely won't be some revolutionary technology, but rather a number and quantity game.

I retract my statement if we figure out a way to manipulate information beyond space-time in any meaningful sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Here are the problems with the concepts of Jodrell, SETI and all radio telescopes: they are similar in concept to a flashlight or the lights see lighting the sky during a film's premiere. You can see the narrow beam that lights only a small portion of the area being illuminated. I have a flashlight with a "zoom" feature. When you slide the handle up and down the light beam can be changed from a narrow beam to a wide angle beam to cover more. Radio telescopes have fixed listening beams. An alien in a UFO (just for this discussion) could be just near the edge of the telescope's coverage and its presence will never be noticed. And the aliens in the UFO could be yapping their bald heads off and no one will hear them.

This whole concept is faulty because it doesn't take consideration that in order to pick up any alien transmission and recognize it for what it is the whole planet needs to be a receiving station. Every single micro-inch! Until then, million$ and billion$ will be wasted and nothing to show for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: The Shrike

That's a subjective viewpoint.

I don't consider radio telescope research time a waste of money, and neither should you.

Besides, it was either fund radio telescopes, or put spinning rims on a gold jet ski.

(Sociological Opportunity Cost is an important consideration, when talking about the value of currency, versus scientific advancement.)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Would we have the technology to detect E.T. transmissions?

Radiowaves would work at about the same effectiveness and rate that smoke signals would, I suppose.

Anyways! Why would anybody want to talk or communicate with aliens or ET or such? And what would you even talk about even if you could? Your not even on the same frequency, much less using the same language. It may surprise many people but English is not a universal language, in fact sound and radiowaves are not a universal medium.

But for the most part, people may want to talk or get a ping of ET. But ET may not want to chat or ping any of you. And so, in that alone for all intensive purposes, you may as well be in completely different dimensions. Simply because, you would never collide.
edit on 12amSundayam222018f0amSun, 22 Jul 2018 00:58:08 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Wilbert Smith and the Canadian Government seemed to have no problems communicating both ways.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
FRB121102 was detected just fine.
I'm willing to back it, as artificially structured.

So on the basis of this thread's initial question. Yes.

If you work for a non-US government, interested in ET contact or ET signal decoding. I recommend getting your country into research into FRB's and explicitly 121102.

I'm just a random scrub on the internet, but I'm convinced.

That signal has some sort of message. As far as I could dig into it, as an amateur. I believe it contains positioning information. I just haven't fully decoded it, and in the face of disinterest that I received from the relevant organizations, I gave up.

I'd be willing to keep working on decoding it, but it's a major time drain. Trying to read a signal that would be 100% dependent on mathematics and numerical relationships.

If anyone is interested in having my findings or having me continue that work, I'd consider it on a per case basis.

I haven't been told to "Stop." But I have been discouraged by certain groups. So it would need to be worth my time, to go back into it.

The last thing I was doing, was plotting the differentiations in the signal intensity over time and looking for explicit patterns.

There is some weird stuff in the signal, as a result of it's polarization, so narrowing down those intensity differences as some sort of information exchange, is a tough cookie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join