It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deja vu anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ok,now anyone who knows anything,knows what deja vu is...(despite my spelling might be wrong)...but i was wondering,does anyone truely know what it is?....my thought is that it is some way of humans predicting the future...i often find myself "reliving" a past thought...or situation.....but its always faded in my mind.....lke "did this happen before,or not? "...that kind of thing...anyone have any comments or drastic experiences of deja vu?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
not sure what it is but happens to me all the time. the most frequent is knowing that my mobile is about to ring and who it is. i would like some insite from anyone as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Using the ATS search I found this for you,

Dream ESP???.

I've experienced Deja Vu a couple of times myself, but many years
ago now.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
wierd......it usually happens to me about......once or twice every few months.....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
not sure what it is but happens to me all the time. the most frequent is knowing that my mobile is about to ring and who it is. i would like some insite from anyone as well.

yeah what is it about phones?
Almost every time my phone rings a split second before it does I know it's gonna ring. I don't know who it's gonna be, but the phone suddenly comes into my mind and then it rings. And I'm not very psychic.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I get Deja vu quite often, the last time was a few days ago there was a fire alarm (didnt know there was gonna be one) and afew seconds before it I thought fire alarm, alot of remembering things that hav'nt happened yet to.

There is a scientific theory on what it is, that is pretty detailed, but its semi-long and sort of boring.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
well,if you dont mind,share some of the theory or whatever.....deja vu interest's me.....the human mind is annoyingly complicated isnt it....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well I'll give you the short version,

Throughout are lifes we have many experiences, now statisticly some of these experiences will have different levels of similarity, now if we're experiencing that we percieve as new, but in fact we've had a similiar experience, than we think it is precognition/Deja vu, because we do not consciously remember the event thats similiar.

The theory doesnt work on every aspect, but its just to give us a better explanation of something foreign and different to us.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've covered this before in another thread...
It has to do with perception, but ideally what is happening is you're living in the moment so-to-speak, at that moment all of your senses are working together in perfect harmony... You can achieve the same feelings through meditation... but thats why Deja Vu feels so familiar and comforting because your senses are more occupied with living in the moment.

Oh and the phone thing is REALLY easy to explain ..

You see humans are just like cell phones.. our brains operate off of frequencies..
*SOME* people who have a "sensitive" brain will recognize the electrical signals that come when a call is being transmitted to the phone.. the thing is.. is that our brains are Waaaaaaayyyyy more powerful than a cellphone, and we pickup the signal seconds/microseconds before the electronics on the phone do.

[edit on 21/2/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some time ago I read a paper on precogniction, and in it said all people have the abilities of precogniction, and telepaphy, but every one just ignores it, no takes heed to such things, so they do not know any thing happened. Then sometime along the way some one gets a "deja vu", and of course they do not realize that it was a situation that they pre-say. But because they never realized that they had a glimps into the future, to them its just a deja vu..

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I used to experience deja vu frequently when I was younger, and not so much lately. It was always so frustrating to suddenly feel it and then start saying to those around you, that you have done this before, and heard what they said before, yet the feeling was so fleeting and fuzzy.
On the other hand, I've read several articles about listening to your intuition, and don't get in that elevator because that strange guy is going to hurt you, or walk faster someone is following you. So many times we over ride these warnings we give ourselves because we are afraid of looking foolishor offending others.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have been researching this subject for a bit. (in my spare time, which I don't have alot of) And I have found that deja vu may be simply advanced brain function. Per say, your brain may just be putting 2 and 2 together in order to come to the most logical response.

For example,
Is the phone call you receive so unexpected, or maybe your brain has already calculated the odds of you getting a phone call and is making you aware that you should be receiving one.

Either way, deja vu is real and may be another sense we are developing as humans to survive in this world. If you wish, you should try to develop it further. I have had tremendous luck with this. I used to get deja vu almost weekly. Now, it has become precognition. I see things about a week before they happen. But only things that are important to my personal life. Which is the only kind of premonitions I would want.

At any rate, I believe I am still collecting data. This is just some info I have found/read on this so far.

Blend56

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
you seem to know a bit about this "furthering the ability" talk......how would i go about furthering my deja vu-ness.....?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The only thing I did was be aware that I was having deja vu. I believed in the capability and chose to accept it as a "sixth sense". I followed the feelings I got and usually, they were accurate. For me, it was a combination of deja vu and intuition. But, I have had deja vu since I was a child. It was only when I began to have premonitions that I got spooked a bit. So, I started to research both. And found the information that I gave you previously. I think we all have these capabilities as many have stated before. It doesn't really matter if there is a scientific explanation for it or not. It still is what it is. I just prefer to try and obtain as much knowledge as I can about things that effect me personally.
I didn't meditate or anything like that. I just concentrated on the feeling when it came (mostly because I was curious about it) and "pushed" it further each time. Also, I trusted it.

I guess the first step is to acknowledge it every time you feel it and respond to the information it gives you. For me, when I got deja vu, it was a precurser to a bigger event in my life. I knew that after it occured, something major in my life would take place. This was a constant every time I had it. So, I would try to prepare for the future event as best I could.
I used it as a guide to help me through my life. Then, it just got stronger and became pregognition.
Thats all I know about developing it. I didn't really do it on purpose. So, I can't tell you how to develop yours.

Hope it helps,

Blend56

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cablejockey
I used to experience deja vu frequently when I was younger, and not so much lately. It was always so frustrating to suddenly feel it and then start saying to those around you, that you have done this before, and heard what they said before, yet the feeling was so fleeting and fuzzy.
On the other hand, I've read several articles about listening to your intuition, and don't get in that elevator because that strange guy is going to hurt you, or walk faster someone is following you. So many times we over ride these warnings we give ourselves because we are afraid of looking foolishor offending others.

Indeed, it does tend to happen more often to young people, at a much younger age. And I believe this because, when you are younger your "imagination" is higher, you tend to "believe" more unbelievable things, keeping childrens minds more open to the super natural.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
well,i dont knwo how to come apon strengthening my deja vu, but its VERRY subtle when i do have it....its maby something like, "re living" the situation of someone asking me a question,or feeling like i have said/done/or seen the same thing,but in the EXACT situation in time....can you refer me to the sources you looked at to get more info on deja vu and precog.....thanks.....

-a curious punk-

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
havnt time to read all the posts rite now but heres my input on dejavu ive had it loads of times but not so much at all recently.

i believe /with a doubt cause thats why its a belief.. that its something to do with changing the future.. because every time ive had 1 its like seein in my minds eye that i have been in this 'wateva situation it was' before... but something had changed NOW.. like... in the dejavu i know somebody particular sed somethin or came into the room... but in the NOW that didnt happen.... so like,, something ive done or not done in my life changed wat wud hav happend... if id done or not don somethin else.... or maybe it had nothin to do with me...

and i dont wana confuse it even more but if u bring parralelll universes into it aswell.... wat the f... ?
i shud go bed ive not slept lol!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
jesus ! sory yes i will fix the size of my avatar! haha

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Talking about deja vu...
Ive been thinking alot about this in the last weeks...and hesitating to post.

I thikn ppl are misunderstanding deja vu.
Someone said that it feels when the phone is gonna ring few moments before.
As far as i know this is not a deja vu phenomen...but more like a precognition.

Deja vu would be when you momentanly have the feeling that the moment/place or whatever has already happened.

I have this thing often...some times per year.
Normally its a VERY short feeling...and VERY strange/strong feeling.
Last time was here in my apartment.
I was about to open the closet door and the actions i was taken i knew i already did.
I know, some of you could say that i often that door thousand of times...but the feeling of deja vu is diferent and you know in the exactly moment that it is.
The most remarkable was when i had about 14 years old ( i have 30 y/o now)...i was traveling with my family by car and after some turn we faced one valley and even if i had never been there before, i already had that image in my head.
Not only the valley (because that i would have seen on TV) but the whole moment and positions in the car and etc.
I must say its a very creep moment.

Deja vu, can be with a strong moment (like the huge valley i described with my family) or a simple action.

Science explain this like a Memory Anomaly...humpf...

What i think.
Is that there is lots of "us" living at the same time, but at diferent time-space....and these moments we feel now (deja vu) has already happened with some of our future "us" but for some reason they are stored and passed by.
The thing i cant understand is, what would be the time-space gap between each one "us".
And how many woudl co-exist at the same time...

I believe in destiny, and we cannot change it....we can only change the ways to one solution, but not the solution it self.
I always wondered if would be possible to "force" some message to be passed by, instead of let it happen naturally.
Maybe the only way to make it possible would be to discover what make the deja vu happen.

Well, anyway this is only my way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsloth22
ok,now anyone who knows anything,knows what deja vu is...(despite my spelling might be wrong)...but i was wondering,does anyone truely know what it is?....my thought is that it is some way of humans predicting the future...i often find myself "reliving" a past thought...or situation.....but its always faded in my mind.....lke "did this happen before,or not? "...that kind of thing...anyone have any comments or drastic experiences of deja vu?

how many times have you walked down your street?
how many times have you picked a cup off a table?
how many times have you said hello to someone?
how many times have you laughed at a joke?
how many times have you walked down your street?

you do these mundane sort of things constantly, the're just like a video tape playing in our minds. or a record, and sometimes the needle skips.
time is an illusion, and sometimes the needle skids across the record (time)
simple as! - conscious action - subconscious action

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join