It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First look: Dems crush GOP in party registration

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'd love to see that stats on how many people over 110 years old vote Democrat.

One of the worst things about dying....becoming a Democrat after...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Wow this is HIGHLY offensive in many many ways.

Offensive...True....

Tomato...Tomatoe....

[Achievement Unlocked: Truth Teller]

Note: the cracks don't apply to all Dems, just those who are JUST NOW registering to vote (that didn't just now turn 18).

If you couldn't be BOTHERED to register for the most important election in our lifetime, I'm fairly certain most of my comments are right on the mark about such folks, or do you disagree?
edit on 15-8-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I dont think anyone is gonna know for sure whats gonna happen until after voting ends in November. If I had to take a guess I'd say the democrats are gonna win back a few seats..probably somewhere in the middle of what both parties are claiming will happen.

On a side note, because I've seen it a couple times in this thread, I think we need to get rid of straight ticket votes. We've had some really awful people elected down the ballot around here, because people dont even take the time to look at the ballot lower than maybe races for Congress. I think something like 70% of voters in my county voted straight ticket Republican last election.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Offensive...True....

Making sweeping and insulting generalizations about liberal voters isn't "truth" no matter how you try to spin it. It's just mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Offensive...True....

Making sweeping and insulting generalizations about liberal voters isn't "truth" no matter how you try to spin it. It's just mean.

Mean? I'd use other adjectives but this isn't the Pit.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

That's cool. I'll just go ahead and report you for voter fraud then.

Those that care are blocked by the Democrats, so I guess it's all good and now accepted as the norm anyway.

As for the data - at a state level it's 19-12 in favour of democrats... Just how good is that for Democrats?
Not so much.

1) For the House, state-level metrics hardly matter. Just because millions of idiots in plantation districts still cling on to their Democrat masters, it's not going to affect all districts.

2) At the state level, it's not surprising that Democrats are leading in most of the 19 states mentioned. Only 6 went for Trump in 2016:

- KY - Trump won by 30% .. if you think that your numbers mean that KY is going to turn blue then you are going to be disappointed, especially as it's not even part of the midterm elections.
- LA - Trump won by 20%... if you think that your numbers mean that LA is going to turn blue then you are going to be disappointed, especially as it's not even part of the midterm elections.
- WV - Trump won by 41%...if you think that your numbers mean that WV is flipping to blue then you are going to be disappointed... this one is up for election in Nov... but the Dems already hold that seat

- NC - Trump won by only 4%... ooo it could be a steal.... except it's not part of the midterms ... aww, shucks.

So basically it leaves PA and FL - both part of the midterms and close in 2016....but wait...
PA is already held by Democrats - oh well.
FL is already held by Democrats - oh well.

So, basically your data suggests that there is no State where the Dems have more registrations where they actually have a chance of flipping a Senate seat

They may, however, LOSE Florida, with Rick Scott currently leading the polls.... and also WV. with Manchin under pressure

It really is too bad there is not a 2018 Elections forum - it might have made it easier to see that your data is irrelevant with regard the blue puddle in the 2018 elections.

edit on 15/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It wasn't a "sweeping" statement.

It was SPECIFICALLY directed at those who are "just now" registering to vote...

A sweeping statement would be like me saying how ALL liberal voters fail to actually READ the specifics and just respond with gut emotion without actually disseminating the information.

Or, maybe I'm just mean.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

They may, however, LOSE Florida, with Rick Scott currently leading the polls.... and also WV. with Manchin under pressure

Scott or Nelson... Yikes, that's a choice harder than Trump or Hillary. They are both just SO damn evil. Either way, we lose there.

I actually like a dem for Governor though. So far, Gwen Graham would be my pick.

Some of the ads from FL right now, are ridiculously funny, I'll have to find one for ya....where a candidate is selling his love of Trump, it's hysterical.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There’s no need to start a fresh thread for one simple question.

Could Obama run for the presidency next time around??

If the answers yes. I reckon he will either 2020 or 2024.
Thanks in advance
edit on 4-9-2018 by blackbird9393 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393
There’s no need to start a fresh thread for one simple question.

Could Obama run for the presidency next time around??

If the answers yes. I reckon he will either 2020 or 2024.
Thanks in advance

You must not be from the US or somehow dont know he cant run. 2 terms is the limit.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't know much about the numbers myself and I'm not trying to jump to conclusions and say this is a sign of things to come. I just wanted to counter the flawed idea of #walkaway.

There's no such thing as "flawed idea".

I know people who defended the Democrats with their lives and now they left the party due to its corruption and lack of ideals.

Damn, I was once a Obama supporter, until I learned the damage he was doing to the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I don't know much about the numbers myself and I'm not trying to jump to conclusions and say this is a sign of things to come. I just wanted to counter the flawed idea of #walkaway.

I know people who defended the Democrats with their lives and now they left the party due to its corruption and lack of ideals.

Damn, I was once a Obama supporter, until I learned the damage he was doing to the world.

That's nice. I'm glad your comfy anecdote keeps a fuzzy blanket around you to keep you from looking at reality. Meanwhile, I just saw this article posted this morning (kind of funny this thread was necroed today I guess):
Poll: Democrats regain clear advantage in midterms shaping up as referendum on President Trump

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

That's nice. I'm glad your comfy anecdote keeps a fuzzy blanket around you to keep you from looking at reality. Meanwhile, I just saw this article posted this morning (kind of funny this thread was necroed today I guess):
Poll: Democrats regain clear advantage in midterms shaping up as referendum on President Trump

Hmm. Washington Post poll?
I actually do believe Dems are more motivated, fuelled by pure hatred, but i'd suggest being a little more careful about blindly believing polls. It was the Dems who used them as a comfort blanket in 2016 and it caused them to get very smug and very carried away - and ultimately very embarrased.

According to Reuters it is 12 points this week, yet last week it was 2 points. If you really think there has been a 10 point swing in 1 week then you may be the victim of confirmation bias.
edit on 4/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Who said anything about blindly believing anything? If you read this thread I'm pretty explicit about not reading too far into anything here. Why would that be any different with this poll?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Who said anything about blindly believing anything? If you read this thread I'm pretty explicit about not reading too far into anything here. Why would that be any different with this poll?

Forget the polls, the shape of the races gives enough insight into what is likely to happen.
The Dems will take the House, but the Republicans will hold the Senate (and will probably extend their advantage).

That will leave the Administration free to continue it's judicial strategy, but will slow down the passage of new legislation (perhaps even stop anything new).

Of course it will likely mean an Impeachment (unjustified and political), which will make the Dems look terrible leading into 2020. The impeachment itself will not have enough traction to remove Trump when the Senate deliberate.

I just spelled out what is going to happen. No polls needed.
Bookmark this post of you like.
I am confident this is exactly what will happen.
edit on 4/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Offensive...True....

Ahahahahaha
AAAAhahahahaha
AAAAHahahahahahahahah
my my my how the world turns

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it."

But that is not "mean" right?
AAAAhahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Forget the polls, the shape of the races gives enough insight into what is likely to happen.
The Dems will take the House, but the Republicans will hold the Senate (and will probably extend their advantage).

Yep. That's what the signs are pointing at. I really hope the polls are wrong and the Dems retake the Senate too, but the odds just aren't in their favor with how the competitive seats lay. I'm pretty sure the Dems have realized this too and are stacking their deck on the "take back the House" front.

That will leave the Administration free to continue it's judicial strategy, but will slow down the passage of new legislation (perhaps even stop anything new).

Yeah. I wouldn't count on much of Trump's agenda surviving past November. At least as far as that requires both sides of Congress' support to enact.

Of course it will likely mean an Impeachment (unjustified and political), which will make the Dems look terrible leading into 2020. The impeachment itself will not have enough traction to remove Trump when the Senate deliberate.

I think you are jumping the gun on that. Mostly, it is Republicans fearmongering that the Dems are seeking impeachment upon election. They certainly aren't taking it off of the table, but it looks more likely that Dems are more concerned with just investigating all the things the Republicans are pretending don't need to be investigating. Then I'm sure they'll make decisions regarding impeachment or even other courses of actions depending on the results of those investigations.

I just spelled out what is going to happen. No polls needed.
Bookmark this post of you like.
I am confident this is exactly what will happen.

It's looking very likely. I'll agree with that. Oh yeah you forgot one detail. The results of this election could have implications for the upcoming census.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What are you talking about? I never said that. Why are you attributing words that Hillary Clinton said to me? Are you making a generalization that I think the same or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Apparently only means when some do it.......TLB

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join