It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was our universe before the Big Bang?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: Abednego

How is that so?

Because nothing itself is quantified as "nothing", which is the lack of something, ergo it is "something" based on what it lacks.

Really?
Quantified? How, and by whom?
""nothing", which is the lack of something". How did you come-up with that?
"ergo it is "something" based on what it lacks" Am not following your logic.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Nyiah

Their cant be a mental construct for nothing. Because nothing cant exist.

Getting warmer. Nothing doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Fact is we simply don't have the tools nor sufficient understanding of space-time to address the problem in any kind of meaningful manner.

And we more than lightly never will have the tools nor mental capacity to address the totality of the grand scheme of things.

Pi, Phi, and G seem to hint or alure to some form of underlying rhyme or reason regarding reality, or the reality we think we perceive.

End of the day we exist within an explosion, that is the singularity, that is the big bang. As to whats outside of such or what came before, or will come after, those questions, whilst interesting from a philosophical perspective, are also essentially meaningless because they are unaddressable, unobservable, cannot be measured because there is no space-time to measure. Hence from a scientific, mathematical standpoint, irrelevant and useless.

I vote i don't have a clue.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

How is that so?

I recommend reading The Kybalion.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thanks. No thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
what was before the big bang? nothing. a seed it was. Dwell deep

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Before the Big Bang this Universe didn't exist silly...
No Matter how you look at it...
Because the big bang... if... you accept the theory...
Was the introduction of all mass and energy birthed into existence in an absolute void known as the singularity...
To me the Universe was a thought before it was the universe because I believe in God or the creator of the Universe if you prefer...
I also can't help but to look at how the bible could suggest this could be true...
So I look at it this way...man was once eternal before the fall...
For this to be true mankind had to exist in an entirely different universe or realm... paradise... eden...or whatever you choose to call it...
It also says we got kicked out I believe it was a spontaneous event for nothing imperfect could exist in in a perfect universe if you will...
To me this explains the expulsion from said perfect universe into this not quite so perfect Universe...
Once more I cant help but believe this was a fail safe which only the greatest intelligence could be responsible for...
And also leaves room for going back to where we come from once attaining a perfect state...
Because that cant exist in this Universe...
This is only a test... it wont last forever...but you will...
edit on 12-7-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This would be an unanswerable question If something existed before the universe it would not matter. Reason being is without matter or time you have nothing to measure it by. If nothing happens then nothing existed to show something before the big bang bottom line something has to happen to even know something exists.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

A nothing cant exist, it was always a something.

Something seems to be appearing but have a look to see what is seeing the appearance - nothing will be found.
If a thought happens - find what is knowing it.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
From my perception I'm just a monkey on a rock, a rock spinning through space at 1000 mph give or take.

Is that your 'direct experience' though? Or is it something that you have been taught? How do you know what you are?
Do you know? What do you know?
Are you not knowing whatever appears?
The assumption is that you are the body/mind that appears..............but isn't the body and mind known?
If that knowingness was removed wouldn't the body/mind disappear?
The body/mind disappears every night (in your direct experience) but the knowingness is ever present.
Your true nature is the nothingness of deep sleep.
When the light comes on when waking - the emptiness sees the light. This light image that is here now is known - the light is always changing the way it appears......it appears as sound and vision and words.
But the knowingness never changes and is always present prior to any appearance.

edit on 12-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

And yet we give it definition with a word and a number (0)
Therefore it exists.

I'd say it's more accurately both nothing (the lack of something) and something (being defined as the lack of something) at the same time. You cannot describe something (such as nothing) without something to quantify it as. It is the absence of something.
It's probably easiest to think of it as Schroedinger's Nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Reductionist science is never going to answer this question because the answer is beyond the material realm

First off, there was no big bang, there was self awareness and once the manifestation of self awareness became there is and always was the self

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And yet we give it definition with a word and a number (0)
Therefore it exists.

I'd say it's more accurately both nothing (the lack of something) and something (being defined as the lack of something) at the same time. You cannot describe something (such as nothing) without something to quantify it as. It is the absence of something.
It's probably easiest to think of it as Schroedinger's Nothing.

They are both sides of the same line. Like the spectrum of color. There are colors that we see, but there are others colors that we do not see. We know those colors exist because there are instruments that can detect them.
But lack of perception does not mean it does't exist. So what we call nothing is simply our inability to perceive that type of matter or whatever is.
Something and nothing are the same thing, just like the polarity on a magnet, + - but still the same magnet and same energy.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
and yet some amateur cosmologists will claim that while there was nothing and the laws of physics didn't exist, the speed of light was still constant.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
That's about the most plausible and intuitive speculation IMO.
Just a big spherical yo-yo exploding and imploding trying desperately
to create some intelligence within itself to stop the madness. And we're
a candidate...

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Seems to me through following your train of thought that heaven would be at the center of the universe/singularity/big bang/expulsion point?

Here is the thing though, imagine if you will, that you were small enough to stand on a balloon.

Small enough to see in a straight line across the balloon’s surface. You’re not able to see into or out of the balloon and, no matter which direction you look, the end of the balloon seems to be at roughly the same distance from you.

When you start moving across the surface of the balloon it would appear that you were at the center of it.

The reality of the matter, however, is that your two-dimensional balloon does not have a center.

The Big Bang theory is currently the best explanation of how our universe came to be an explosion that created everything, including time, matter, and space itself.

This explosion caused the expansion of the universe. However, the words explosion and expansion are misleading.

It is not an explosion in the conventional sense, where energy is released into space, rather, it is the rapid expansion of space itself.

Essentially the bubble we call the observable universe continues to expand in each direction, giving off the impression that we are the center.

Limited perspective is the problem.
edit on 12-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The last I heard about this was that in the beginning their was just empty space. In the beginning their was just a thought to break through. To create a black hole or wormhole. Not unlike what their doing at CERN. It was to create a new place to occupy. The punch through was an explosion through a black hole, creating a wormhole to another point in space/time. The punch through created light, and explosion sucking through matter before a star(sun) stabalized the hole. This is a cycle throughout the universe.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Big Bang was created by people -- or alien people, or somebody -- who imagined what the Big Bang was like, and so they transcended time and brought it into being. Effect and cause. Happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Thoughts create wormholes(Einstein Rossenbriges)/blackholes/singularities???

Problem solved then eh, we can simply think it and open a wormhole to where or whenever we wish i imagine. LoL

Where did this "space" come from?

"The punch through was an explosion through a black hole"

Not really how black holes work through as anything that passes/enters into the event horizon of such is doomed and will be crushed to oblivion. They do however emit Hawking radiation from the poles.
edit on 12-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Where did this "space" come from?

It's turtles all the way down.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join