It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant 2.6-Meter-Long Sarcophagus Has Just Been Found In Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's what I don't understand , why don't people think "hey what if this was built to keep something in"

Well, typically for someone dead, which is what I'd assume, but the size is a bit unusual.

Were you thinking something else?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: DoubleDNH
I wonder why it hasn't been opened.

"Best if Used By August 14, 319 B.C."

LOL!

Seriously, though, they have opened others. Why not t his one?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There is no indication anywhere other than from the Egyptians at the serrapeum who added their own marks to the boxes
that these were for housing bodies !

they are huge thick boxes, why do you need thick boxes , well thickness is for strength , but why that big , why the size and thickness , well its a strength thing, and physical barrier , I think to stop energy !

Maybe for storing nuclear waste hhaahah

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey there, I recently signed back up to the site and can't post photos..but I've attached a link if someone else wants to upload it. SO. I know this may be reaching, but I superimposed a bust of Alexander The Great on the damaged one found with the sarcophagus, and was actually really surprised by the results. I wasn't expecting this, and it just creates more excitement for me as to who is inside.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There is no indication anywhere other than from the Egyptians at the serrapeum who added their own marks to the boxes
that these were for housing bodies !

they are huge thick boxes, why do you need thick boxes , well thickness is for strength , but why that big , why the size and thickness , well its a strength thing, and physical barrier , I think to stop energy !

Maybe for storing nuclear waste hhaahah

This sort of box is typically for bodies, though, which we know from others that have been opened. Plus, why would one design such an elaborate container for waste?

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

That's what I don't understand , why don't people think "hey what if this was built to keep something in"

Well, typically for someone dead, which is what I'd assume, but the size is a bit unusual.

Were you thinking something else?

Yes, I'm sure this member was "thinking OUTSIDE the box..." LOL, just couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sometimes there are a few inside one another perhaps that is the case here...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen
Wonder if this smithsonian belongs or is under the control of the CIA

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
They have opened the thing

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 16-7-2018 by zoost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zoost

Thanks for the update.

It could be Alexander the Great!

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zoost
They have opened the thing

www.express.co.uk...

Well, well a mummy, rather mundane but his bones and DNA should tell an interesting story.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

but this Sarcophagus doesn't look anything like the one that we saw in this site that was provided by the op

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Yes it doesnt appear to be the same Black granite box!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This is incredibly interesting. I know you posted this nine days ago, but now, just so you know, if you search: "2.6 meter sarcophagus found in Egypt", on Google, you will come up with a wealth of information about this topic. Apparently CNN also covered it. On the first search page, towards the bottom, I found an interesting thesis study about another one that was at least 2 meters in length. It is a thesis from 2011.

The summary on Google said: "The sarcophagus of Merenptah that was found in the burial chamber of Psusennes I at. Tanis. ...... originally the complete stone, which would have been around 2 meters long, would have..."

(Here's the link to the full PDF file of it, in case anyone's interested: A STUDY OF A SELECTED GROUP OF THIRD INTERMEDIATE PERIOD MUMMIES IN THE BRITISH MUSEUM ).

I may have a look, myself, but I don't know if I am that patient.

Regardless, I think it is really intriguing that they are finding more of these things. It simply goes to reason that there would be a lot of them.

My bet is that they find more.

edit on 19-7-2018 by rukia because: Adding to my post

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

but this Sarcophagus doesn't look anything like the one that we saw in this site that was provided by the op

No, I should have know better, that tabloid (express.co.uk) is spreading false news. Those pictures belong to another story.

I found another news source that might be more trustworthy

www.egyptindependent.com...

MOA says the 20-tonne sarcophagus will be opened in the next couple of days. If the world survives, what happens next will depend on what's inside.

"If nothing was found inside the sarcophagus and we did not find any inscriptions on the coffin's body, we will keep it in place until it can be lifted later," MOA spokesman Waad Allah Abu al-Ela told Egypt Independent.
edit on 19-7-2018 by zoost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Live update. 3 decomposed mummies found, no sign they belong to a royalty. www.egypttoday.com... E-Opening-of-ancient-sarcophagus-in-Alexandria

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CrimeVault

red liquid , and a curse !

of course the Sun had to post that

That just looks like water with sand dispersed in solution giving it a red appearance
probably found inside the tomb as it may not have been water tight and possibly buried below the water table ?!??!
or had flood waters from structures above seep into it!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yep, the liquid was sewage... which of course damaged the mummies.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Here is the picture inside the giant sarcophagus.
It's like something from a horror movie...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I was waiting for this to pop up to share a story about this with y'all....and it won't even lead to a debate about who is full of crap about the history of Egypt!!!

Anyways...my son is 18 and just graduated high school. I am 40. Over the last 10 years I have constantly shared with him my feeling about archaeology and how my curiosity led me to become a atheist because of what I have seen a similar themes across cultures that speak to a possibility that a human civilization or several of varying achievements were wiped off the planet and the few survivors tried to pass on what they could as best as they knew how.

I have never pushed him any way and told him that no matter how he feels about things like God that respect for how others feel is very important.

So last week we are going to Cedar Point and he pops his phone and and pulls up a archaeology Reddit talking about this. Which he is an active member of. PRIDE......!!!!!! It made me proud to know he is still stoking intellectual curiosity....especially about ancient history!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join