It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Foreign Ministry says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable,'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

Yep. this is what passes for "news". A provocative headline, not a single thought or opinion, or dare I say "fact".
I wish I could say more, but FAKE NEWS is all I can come up with.

How is this even an article?

Rest of the headline" accuses US of unilateral demands for denuclearization"

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I got this when clicking your link

North Korea says high-level talks with a U.S. delegation led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were “regrettable” and has accused Washington of trying to unilaterally pressure the country into abandoning its nukes.

The statement by an unnamed North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman on Saturday came hours after Pompeo concluded two days of talks with North Korean officials led by Kim Yong Chol.

The statement says that the United States betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making unilateral demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea.

It says the outcome of the follow-up talks was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

when I clicked on it, I got :
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
How Novel...NBC using an unnamed source...hoisting the B.S. flag....running around field.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

so it looks like Kim didn't understand what "denuclearization" was actually about.
I wonder if he had a plan B.

It seems his options are to denuclearize, or continue on his previous path. I hope he tries the option that may result in good things.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Why FAKE NEWS ?
Seems inevitable to me that the talks will fail as the two positions are so far apart , Trump wants everything now and North Korea want a long drawn out process.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Why FAKE NEWS ?
Seems inevitable to me that the talks will fail as the two positions are so far apart , Trump wants everything now and North Korea want a long drawn out process.

it was about the initial article. There was no body, just a headline and a "check back later If I decide to explain the title"

I think that is sloppy journalism.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
How Novel...NBC using an unnamed source...hoisting the B.S. flag....running around field.

An unnamed spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry in a statement accused the U.S. of unilaterally pressuring North Korea to denuclearize and “betraying the spirit” of the summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un last month, according to the Associated Press.
thehill.com...

edit on 7-7-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think it was because it was breaking news and they wanted to get it out there then fill it in.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
"North Korea admits that American negotiators are doing their job, and proving not to be a push-over".

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

North Korea is not giving up their nukes, just like Mexico is not paying for the wall.

Short of war, why would they? Would you? I wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I sure can't speak for Kim, but it would seem getting his country out of caves and into the 20th century would be good for his country and make him "the guy" where his daddy and Grandpa kind of failed.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Say it isn't so! The honeymoon is over before it started! So sad.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

North Korea is realizing that the Trump administration is not the Obama administration.

I see our "trade war" with China coming to an end when China pushes North Korea to denuclearize as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think it was because it was breaking news and they wanted to get it out there then fill it in.

I agree. I just think that's something an ATS poster might do, and not something a seasoned journalist should do.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Kim knows that those nukes keep him in power. It's as simple as that. If you think he gives a rat's butt about his people, I think you think too highly of the guy. He cares about himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Gee, what a surprise. But how is that provocative? They literally just summarize what the Koreans said. How could the headline possibly be less provocative, without resorting to self-censorship? Perhaps it is the news itself you find provocative?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

North Korea is realizing that the Trump administration is not the Obama administration.

On the contrary. He is realizing that talking to Trump was only a photo-op, and he has to actually do business with Pompeo, who tells him the truth, instead of kissing his derriere. He heard the truth from Pompeo; a truth which he found 'regrettable'. Not the sugar-coated 'please like me, let's be friends', tell me I'm pretty" he got from the other in the face-to-face. Trump does his dirty work to the back.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Kim knows that those nukes keep him in power. It's as simple as that. If you think he gives a rat's butt about his people, I think you think too highly of the guy. He cares about himself.

I think you are spot on with his mindset, but I was thinking that if he was to be the "savior" of his people, that would look good on his ego resume'. Plus it would be good for the world as a whole. But I suppose hoping for doom and gloom has it's merits too.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Gee, what a surprise. But how is that provocative? They literally just summarize what the Koreans said. How could the headline possibly be less provocative, without resorting to self-censorship? Perhaps it is the news itself you find provocative?

I believe you have trapped me and you win. Congrats, let me know where to send your trophy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join