It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flea Markets Pose National Security Threat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
In Houston Texas, police arrested a flea market vendor for selling a new identity.

Link: abclocal.go.com...

Although this happened in Texas, are new identities being sold in other states? I didn't realize new ID's were so easy to obtain..... maybe an isolated case ....but still scarry thought.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That is an odd place to be selling a new identity. From the headline, I thought they were smuggling explosives in beanie babies or some cheap country crafts. Saddly, if you know the right people you could probably buy a new identity anywhere at anytime. Of course, an area like Texas or any border state might have more of a market for a fake identity.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yea I'm sure the closer to the border the easier to obtain. Makes one wonder about the recent ID theft from a major company ...where will all that info end up???

[edit on 20-2-2005 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"GET YOUR FRAUDULENT ID'S HERE"

book em. This is a little much, dont you all think?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ill have to remember this when i go to the swapmeet. And all this time I thought they were only good for cheap plastic jewlery, lame books, and fat old women to sit around and yap about their colon surgery.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
At a local flee market in Denmark they recently discovered a live handgrenade. Somebody thought it was a toy and put it in the childrens-section. They were lucky that somebody noticed before it went *Bang* and got it removed from the shelf...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I dunno about in the USA but i know people here who can get you a drivers license, passport, and birth certificte for $2000 aussie dollars... the good thing is its all on government databases and stuff so its really hard to trace... the problem is its someone elses details with your photo so that someone could get into alot of trouble if you were to use it...

the point is theyre not that hard to get... i bet if you asked around you'd be able to find one easy

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
LOL ID theft is easy I’m not going to say how it’s done, but your own government will help you if you know what forms to fill out and in what order.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It doesnt stop there.

I know Asian of nail salons that bought their liscenses for $2000 in Arizona.
word has it.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
LOL ID theft is easy I’m not going to say how it’s done, but your own government will help you if you know what forms to fill out and in what order.

How is that....never heard of this?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Darn, there goes the fake ID's for the under 21 kids here
and they already took away the pirate CDs and tapes I used to get with Spanish music

And the fake brand names clothes with the fake tickets on it.

And you people don't get it if I can not afford the real thing in the stores the flea market is the best place to get it "fake" at a low price, and nobody can tell.

I guess the fake rolex is now out of the question.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You can buy half a pound of weed at the Flea Markets where I live, so I have no doubt about the new identity sales. You can get anything you want at the flea markets here in Ky. They advertise as a flea market, but us locals call them the black market. It is kind of odd having a place you can go buy a 10 foot python and hot cars and not having the law come down on it. This stuff happens alot here.To be honest, I thought it was everywhere.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It doesnt stop there.

I know Asian of nail salons that bought their liscenses for $2000 in Arizona.
word has it.

Makes me wonder if they also bought fake ID's???

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
They advertise as a flea market, but us locals call them the black market. It is kind of odd having a place you can go buy a 10 foot python and hot cars and not having the law come down on it. This stuff happens alot here.To be honest, I thought it was everywhere.

Hey can you get a real rolex in the "black market" I mean flea market.

Forget the rolex, I have been looking for a brand name purse like gucci or fendi, can you find out if they have them

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And how about the LV Luis Vuitton bags? I got a 1000.00 bag for the low low price of $50.00

Marg, I'll hook you up.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
yes marg you can get fake designer stuff at almost every flea market. As far as ID's and the like... I have never seen that.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

And how about the LV Luis Vuitton bags? I got a 1000.00 bag for the low low price of $50.00

Marg, I'll hook you up.

Dg for real I would love you to death I want one so bad I can taste it.

U2 me and let me know.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I know Corpus Christi has a few flea markets...the vendors hide the good stuff under the counters

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Marg, I will call my contact tomorrow when i get home from work and i will let you know what they have. Promise.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have looked high and low at those places and never found a flea for sale. Can anybody hook me up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join