It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand man shot while breaking into Goochland home had met teenage girl online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I wonder, has there been any research into, not sure how to phrase this, so bear with me, here...

Has any research been done as to the correlation, if any, between permissive parents, as pertains to internet use by children-teen or otherwise, and their own status as latch key kids with TV-nanny?

When I used to baby-sit for friends and family, the internet was off limits, period. More than one temper tantrum ensued after that edict...let me tell you.

Instead, I'd read to 'em, or we'd watch movies, or just run around outside like a bunch of maniacs on a sugar rush. Some of the things on the internet, as we all well know, don't bear thinking on by adults, much less children. On-line chat forums are actually on that list, or they are for me.

I'm afraid I'd have killed the man, and not lost a bit of sleep over it. That child is worth a million of that depraved monster. I'm going to guess, and that's all it is, that, given how prepared he was, he's done this before...and the fact that he hasn't, unless someone knows differently, faced charges prior...that there are bodies somewhere. I, most fervently, hope I'm wrong.
edit on 6/27/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I personally believe that the social standard has been changing and progressing from the time that man first started with cuneiform.

The manipulation of facts, imagination, and stories passed down as truths, has escalated exponentially with the invention of the printing press, advancing to radio, TV, and the internet. We have always known what evil lurks in the heart of man, it was halfway kept in check before the anonymity of the internet.

Now that the internet has allowed kinships to develop among those that once kept their untoward proclivities hidden, it has created a certain boldness in some that has increased the risk for dangerous behaviors.

The internet has brought out the best and the worse among us. We just have to be more aware and a lot more cautious.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join