It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand man shot while breaking into Goochland home had met teenage girl online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
NOTE: The original title of article required shortening for ATS thread name to fit into the ATS guidelines.

A New Zealand man who was shot while breaking into a woman’s Goochland County home had met her 14-year-old daughter online and suddenly arrived uninvited after methodically planning his trip to the U.S., Goochland’s sheriff said Monday.

The man, Troy George Skinner, 25, was found with duct tape, pepper spray and a camouflage folding clip knife with a 2.75-inch blade, Sheriff James Agnew said during a news briefing at the sheriff’s office. The duct tape and the blade had been purchased from a Walmart on Friday, the day of the attack.

Source: New Zealand man shot while breaking into Goochland home had met teenage girl online, carefully planned his trip to U.S.

Agnew said investigators believe Skinner first made contact with the 14-year-old Goochland girl three to four months earlier through Discord, a voice-over-internet application that allows video gamers to communicate via their personal computer or smartphone.

How many times must parents be warned about leaving their kids to chat with random people on the Internet? Are parents today truly that clueless???

However, at least this parent had the ability to defend herself and child from this crazed attacker by shooting him as he broke into their home. I guess this is yet another reason regular citizens have the protections of the 2nd Amendment. Even though some believe that only the police and government should have that ability.

edit on 6/26/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That man spent a ton of money just to come to Virginia just to be shot. Serves the perv right. Hope she shot him in his testicles then his heart.
edit on 26-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

That man spent a ton of money just to come to Virginia just to be killed. Serves the perv right. Hope she shot him in his testicles then his heart.

Yeah, taking multiple flights to get there from across the world. As for where she shot him, it was in the neck. He is recovering in hospital at the moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

It's a damn shame he's "recovering". She should have just went ahead and put a double tap to the head. But he's gonna have a grand old time in American prison with his accent & the crime he commited. He's gonna wish he was back in New Zealand in a methamphetamine prison. I would suggest to Mr.Skinner that his people get him some really good knee pads....he's gonna need them.Oh, and they should get him some really good anal retention cream...he gonna need that more....lol. And from what I understand...….ain't no lube in prison.....Friction is a killer.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Wow, that is one motivated perpetrator.

Glad to see he got what he deserved.

ETA...this happened in “Goochland” lol

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Goochland is a really rich area of Richmond Virginia, I've done several kitchens there.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I need more accounts so I can star this harder.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"Americans have a gun problem"...

*Gets on plane to go to America to engage in something likely to get him shot*

*Get's shot*

^That's my surprised face.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have not had a case within the last year that involved victims 13 to 25 years of age , that did not involve some form of social media.

As a forensic nurse I get to serve those that have been harmed by social media gone criminal. As wonderful as the Cyber Team is, they are always chasing the devil.

No decent parent would give their children heroin, but those same patents ignore the deadly dangers that come out of social media. Social media is not the only dangers associated with raising entire generations by remote control.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Americans don't have gun problems.....the left has problems with Americans having guns. Fixed that for ya.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The really scary part is, it sounds like the teenage girl hadn't arranged a meeting with this guy -- he just showed up unexpectedly!

Off-topic, but: "Goochland" ?! That sounds like a fictional country they'd make up for a comedy.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It's a damn shame he's "recovering". She should have just went ahead and put a double tap to the head. But he's gonna have a grand old time in American prison with his accent & the crime he commited. He's gonna wish he was back in New Zealand in a methamphetamine prison. I would suggest to Mr.Skinner that his people get him some really good knee pads....he's gonna need them.Oh, and they should get him some really good anal retention cream...he gonna need that more....lol. And from what I understand...….ain't no lube in prison.....Friction is a killer.

OMG! I just can't believe this, and on ATS too! Sir, this is the way that gay men-folk share intimacy together, their intimate rite of passage if you will and you depict it as an awful and painful punishment. I suggest that you conduct an ATS search with subject line "gay" and read as many threads on the subject as possible to see how many forum members are sympathetic to same sex couples and consequently their means of intimacy with each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You enter the internet, it should be 18 plus. Its a shop that sells all manner of perversity. Then they wonder why this sort of thing happens.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Goochland is Virginia farm country despite it's proximity to Richmond.
Don't mess with country folks, especially not our daughters.
Pedophiles very unwelcome.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well good shot, that is one less idiot depraved would be pedophile rapist to worry about in the world.
Unfortunately thank's to the EU's anti free speech and anti internet policy move we in Europe can not access the US news sites now because our corporate owned EU parliament lackeys have recently passed a controversial and extremely anti democratic bill showing if not for the first time there true nature.

I certainly hope this guy did not get back up so to speak and if he did that he get's put away for the rest of his natural life and I hope he can never harm or plan to harm anyone, especially a child ever again, I also hope the NZ police now fully investigate him for any missing people especially children local to were he lived.

edit on 26-6-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

Your freaking kidding I hope. Prison is prison and if in prison they happen to love the gay way....oh well, should not have went to prison. Should have just moved to San Francisco. By the way …..when you aint gay....and that "right of passage" as you call is forced upon you.....I believe that's rape and being raped in prison is punishment. I personally want him to go to prison and be butt raped on a daily basis for as long as his sentence is. Guarantee you he'll regret ever setting foot in America.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I guess the lack of response from those that openly clam that nobody needs to have access to a firearm for an reason implies that they were wrong. And, simply are not willing to admit that there are good reasons we have the protections of the 2nd Amendment. If someone does not think that they need to keep or bear a firearm, I do not question their personal choice at all. However, making that same choice for others is wrong on many levels IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I for one am glad he lived, whoever shot him (cant access the link here in Germany) should not have to live with the knowledge they killed someone.

Plus (the more sadistic side of me says) he will probably get far worse in Prison.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well said and I like your point far more than my own.
Let's hope he meet's his big bubba and become his B.

I mean ok the guy may have a mental problem but he was intent upon harming a child and in fact he had only ever spoken to this child over the net (which makes me wonder what he may have done back in NZ or if he travel's elsewhere in the world?), also a relationship with a 14 year old child is just out of hand, it is totally wrong and he was old enough at 25 to more than know better, I have no doubt he intended harm and this child's mother did an exceptionally good job of protecting her child.

Since he is alive Yes he will hopefully be removed from society and put somewhere safe, I don't know if the US and NZ have a prison exchange program (were prisoners are sent to there own country to serve there time in there native prison system - it often fails as they are often then let out earlier than they would be in the country they committed the offense in) so to my mind despite the US woeful human right's and prisoner abuse record which is far worse than for example Europe I do hope he serves time in an american facility for this.

This make's me sound really evil and vindictive and I am not but he must be punished, if mentally ill then he should still be removed from the populace for the safety of all children as he most definitely a dangerous individual.

edit on 27-6-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

Americans don't have gun problems.....the left has problems with Americans having guns. Fixed that for ya.

You didn't fix anything for me.

I'd appreciate it if you'd not put words proverbially in my mouth, ok?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join