It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans smuggling Drugs Into Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Canada has strict border control. Canada also detains and separates families, keeping them locked in facilities surrounded by razor-wire.

So I guess we can't pull a Mexico on Canada and just let 100,000s travel though the US into Canada... damn

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Just wondering why Americans and others do not smuggle tons and tons of drugs into Canada?

Is there a valid reason why this is not happening to Canada the way it is happening to the USA?

I think it is because they deal with their addiction differently.

My point is that perhaps they have a working model we could emulate with success and decrease some of our tensions with immigration issues.

Canada has strict border control. Canada also detains and separates families, keeping them locked in facilities surrounded by razor-wire.

I'd LOVE to see a source for that BS.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Just wondering why Americans and others do not smuggle tons and tons of drugs into Canada?

Is there a valid reason why this is not happening to Canada the way it is happening to the USA?

My point is that perhaps they have a working model we could emulate with success and decrease some of our tensions with immigration issues.

CBC

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Would you agree that Canada detains and separates families, keeping them locked in facilities surrounded by razor-wire?

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

CBC

Uh huh. Did you actually read your link?

Last year, 151 minors were detained with their parents in Canadian immigration holding centres.

Eleven others were held in custody unaccompanied by an adult, according to the Canada Border Services Agency. The CBSA would not speculate on the circumstances surrounding why a minor was unaccompanied.

*snip*

In detention, mothers are normally permitted to stay with their children. Fathers, on the other hand, are kept separate and only allowed to visit their spouse and children twice a day for about 15 to 30 minutes, according to the study.

*snip*

The minors detained last year spent an average of 13 days in custody, but the time period can vary significantly.

What you are purporting isn't the status quo. It's an anomaly.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I never said otherwise.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I never said otherwise.

You off topic implication was obvious.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link