It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's 'Roseanne' Spinoff Officially a Go — Without Roseanne Barr

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

ABC will run this for 10 seasons, give itself rave reviews. It will be nominated for an Emmy every season.

And it will have 4 viewers.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Am I the only one looking forward to this? I enjoyed the original show, appreciated what the reboot was attempting and liked watching it, and I like all the characters enough to assume it will be fine or even better without Rosanne.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Am I the only one looking forward to this?

Probably.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Am I the only one looking forward to this? I enjoyed the original show, appreciated what the reboot was attempting and liked watching it, and I like all the characters enough to assume it will be fine or even better without Rosanne.

I think so.
This show is gonna be a steaming pile

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I think so.
This show is gonna be a steaming pile

And to think I passed up that Neilson Rating box thing...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Lol well i'm guessing there were still a bunch of contracts that needed to be fulfilled. It's not like firing the main character makes the rest of the actor's contracts disappear.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Doomed to failure.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

They can cancel a show at any time.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Here's why the Conners Spinoff will not fly.

!. No Roseannne and they'll try to keep everything PC because they'll be afraid of any fallout. hence, the show will be boring and not topical AT ALL!

2. The people that watched the Roseanne show were NOT offended by the Jarrett joke and therefore they will have no audience.

Funny, how Roseanne gave her rights away to let them do this spinoff without her and Disney offers no positive comments in the press release, nor the cast members who dished on her. What turds! But that is what the Left is, a bunch of hate-filled backstabbers!!
edit on 22-6-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

What she said was stupid but I really found it hard to find how it was racist against black people to make a joke about someone she compared to a Muslim brotherhood who was born in Iran. She obviously did not think she was black based on her joke.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What she said was stupid but...

Riddle me this. Why is hate speech not censored or met with repurcussions on the Left!? DeNiro, Olberman, Maher, Colbert, Fonda, CNN, etc. etc. all go on hate-filled swear word tirades against Trump with no problems. Even comparing Trump to an Orangutan in a racist remark. The Deplorables will never watch "The Conners" and it will sink into TV legend obscurity. Certainly no advertisers will touch it knowing it's going to fail. Advertisers want a sure thing, not some political hot potatoe.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Actually the left has said why they can do it, it boiled down to because racism.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Not racism! Did you ever see Planet of the Apes!? The apes were the superior race that overtook the humans. So more compliment than racism. I agree the joke was a mistake, but Disney really overreacted. Social Media is like stepping back in the 3rd Grade judging by all the rude and infantile comments made there.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The snowflakes overreacted, Disney did what it had to do to save itself from the PC police.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Question:

So like Roseanne do they kill her off?

Did she get locked in a car and eat herself like Pizza Da Hutt?

I thought the show kinda always sucked.

Like since the 80s n # bro none of this new fangled bandwagooneer # you guys love to be on.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Disney gave it's content over to the PC Police to tell them what is okay and what is not. It is a bad idea to give control to the Liberal mob. It will be their demise.
edit on 23-6-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join