It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londoners 'face floods, droughts and blackouts by 2050 caused by effects of climate change'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You know what i hate about the media when it comes to "Climate Change"? It's the fact that whenever there's an article like the one I'm posting about, they never mention what the real cause of the problem is which is Industrialisation and over-population. Not once in this report I'm going to share thelink to does it mention Industrialisation and over-population. I'm going to copy and paste some of the text here and include that word where it should go witin the text:

First of all the title reads as 'Londoners 'face floods, droughts and blackouts by 2050 caused by effects of climate change' . You see that? Climate change. Here's how the title should read 'Londoners 'face floods, droughts and blackouts by 2050 caused by effects of industrialisation and over-population'.

And there's more:

'Without urgent action to curb greenhouse gases, billions of people living in the world's large cities face similar problems by mid-century. Food and water supplies will also become threatened. It is "the future that nobody wants" warns a study by C40 Cities, a group of cities taking action on CLIMATE CHANGE. (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION).

'The impacts of CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION) could put assets worth £200 million at risk and threaten 1.25 million people who live along the Thames River in London and the surrounding areas, the study warned. Authorities in cities around the world are taking steps to protect their citizens from the impacts of CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION), the study said.

The report warned that worldwide 70 per cent of cities are already dealing with the effects of CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION) and nearly all are at risk.

Around 650 million people will be at risk of water shortages as a result of CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION), including in Athens and Madrid, and 1.6 billion people living in 970 cities, will be regularly exposed to extreme high temperatures. And 2.5 billion people will be living in cities where national food supplies are threatened by CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION), including residents of Barcelona, Moscow and Oslo.

Mark Watts, executive director of C40 Cities said: "For decades, scientists have been warning of the risks that CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION) will pose from increasing global temperatures, rising sea levels, growing inequality and water, food and energy shortages.

Actions cities around the world are taking to address CLIMATE CHANGE (INSERT HERE: INDUSTRIALISATION AND OVER-POPULATION) include planting 16 million trees and expanding green areas in Seoul, South Korea and improving coastal defences in New York.

www.msn.com... Rmx&ocid=mailsignout
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------

I have copied and pasted a lot of the story as I wanted to get my point across. Don't you think it would read a lot better if the media would just put the correct reason for this "CLIMATE CHANGE" instead of always using those 2 words?? They can a least be honest about the true cause.

Now...the question becomes what can we do about the Industrialisation/over-population and Globalisation in the Cities and the World?? This is the real question.

www.msn.com... Rmx&ocid=mailsignout
edit on CDTTue, 19 Jun 2018 10:09:22 -05000000003010x122x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In short: "Climate Change" is a euphemism.

Now...the question becomes what can we do about the Industrialisation/over-population and Globalisation in the Cities and the World?? This is the real question.

Dont worry DARPA + GOOGLE + NASA + IBM will have Skynet operational any day now, and the neuro-invasive nanobots shortly after that. "Drug out" via tech the top 10% + scientists + devotees, while the rest starve or bugger off however, then with most people gone and robot takeover finally Marx' vision can be fulfilled.

The good news is "Climate Change" will be the least of peoples problems.

edit on 19-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is this a result of Brexit?

In all seriousness, it's easy to paint a dark picture over climate change. It'll probably be really bad, but only a few decades ago the Thames routinely froze over in Winter, so climate change has been happening since records began.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

funny, Breitbart.com has it as the direct cause of migrants and muslins...

weird.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I live on a clifftop so I'll have my own island.
They go on about London but if sea levels rise lots of Britain will be screwed, most of East Anglia will be gone etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

As will a lot of the biggest cities around the planet - most people live on the coast at or around sea level.

Said it before but i reckon that's why China built all those inland cities above sea level.

They tend to look longer than the next election over there

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Agreed, buy high altitude land now I say because it could be worth a fortune in time.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My house is 83 metres above sea level. Good thing about living up north near the Pennines.
I got a kayak also so I will be fine. Looking forward to fighting off the cockneys whom will attempt foolishly to invade the north.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You know what i hate about the media when it comes to "Climate Change"? It's the fact that whenever there's an article like the one I'm posting about, they never mention what the real cause of the problem is which is Industrialisation and over-population. Not once in this report I'm going to share thelink to does it mention Industrialisation and over-population.
So did Londoners ever suffer from climate change pre-industrialization ? I mean did the climate ever change or vary from its goldilocks mean ? And when and what was that state of the climate ?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'm about 70 metres above sea level, with a nice sea view.
The Cockneys will be running to our parts though, too cold up norf!
If sea levels do rise though Britain will be screwed, it will mean massive change for all of us.
The only rail link to the South West has shut more times in the last 10 years or so than ever I can remember (it runs along the coast in some parts) Storms destroyed it a few years ago, there is talk of moving it inland now.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

As will a lot of the biggest cities around the planet - most people live on the coast at or around sea level.
Or in the case of LA on a fault zone . Any bets that they will rebuild where the lava has been flowing in Hawaii .

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

If the land is dirt cheap I probably would build, it's not like one of those disaster movie volcano's, slow moving lava, you can save your cat, key possessions and outrun the thing on foot from what I've seen.
Yeah I'd take the risk, but I wouldn't live by Mount Etna though in Italy, that seems crazy to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
thousands have died in floodings over litte more than just a half century in Britain, over two thousand in one event in the 50's.
These natural events will occur regardless of 'Climate Change' and likely regardless of what you think causes that.
the odds on are that London and New York could be swamped being so low lying anyway, even earthquakes by their own volition could do the job...................
edit on 19-6-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I guess some people are just less crazy then others . In the aspect of sea level rise it could just be a matter of scaring people away from their properties to take advantage of reduced real estate prices . Science knows a little of what is going on but a lot of the data is glossed over .

Post-glacial rebound (also called isostatic rebound or crustal rebound) is the rise of land masses after the lifting of the huge weight of ice sheets during the last glacial period, which had caused isostatic depression. Post-glacial rebound and isostatic depression are phases of glacial isostasy (glacial isostatic adjustment, glacioisostasy), the deformation of the Earth's crust in response to changes in ice mass distribution.[1] The direct raising effects of post-glacial rebound are readily apparent in parts of Northern Eurasia, Northern America, Patagonia, and Antarctica. However, through the processes of ocean siphoning and continental levering, the effects of post-glacial rebound on sea level are felt globally far from the locations of current and former ice sheets.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

There is a lot of water sloshing around out there and a lot of land bouncing and shaking . If a butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon is capable of causing a tornado in Texas (hypothetically) then tides could be changed ever so slightly by events we don't see . Most of the earths volcanoes are at the bottom of the oceans . That has to displace water somewhere and even the expansion due to heat has to show up somewhere .

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes 1-200 years ago (i think it was) the Thames used to freeze almost every year and they held frost fairs on it. So clearly it's generally warmer now as it hasn't frozen solid since then (that i have seen anyway)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Interesting thoughts because land is expensive as # in the UK but high altitude moorland etc is pretty cheap.
My 70 metres above sea level on a cliff by the sea would need a bad ass tsunami to do my place, many people would be dead before me, it would be catastrophic.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
until the UK closes its boarders. You have an invasive species crossing the boarder at a rate that the nation cannot handle naturally

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Yup Japanese knot weed is everywhere at the moment.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

You know what i hate about the media when it comes to "Climate Change"? It's the fact that whenever there's an article like the one I'm posting about, they never mention what the real cause of the problem is which is Industrialisation and over-population. Not once in this report I'm going to share thelink to does it mention Industrialisation and over-population.
So did Londoners ever suffer from climate change pre-industrialization ? I mean did the climate ever change or vary from its goldilocks mean ? And when and what was that state of the climate ?

Good question and one I don't have the answers for but as industrialisation is the main cause, I'd jazard a guess and say 'no, they didn't suffer from climate change, only poor conditions'.

i'm not saying the whole Industrialisation is a bad thing but a lot of it could have been a lot less. for example all the Industries competing against eachother who are more or less creating the same thing like Sprays for body and cleaning products for homes. There could have ben less cars on the streets with less population in the Cities etc.. More trees could have been left alone and not chopped down and built over..

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not this old chestnut again. A serious question for you first. Where is the seas and oceans overflow pipe? Answer, there aint one.
Now at the moment NASA calculates that all the glaciers hold 10% of the world's fresh water, even with the run off people use for potable use.
Now one river alone, the Amazon, contains 20% of the worlds fresh water. Please look up "list of rivers by discharge". Lo and behold the worlds rivers shove gazillions of cubic meters per second, that's per second into the seas and oceans.
Now tell me with that amount of water going into the seas and oceans why the sea level hasn't risen. Glaciers compared to rivers discharge (if they ever melt) is a spit in the ocean.
And don't waffle on about the Antarctic ice cos that aint going nowhere soon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join