It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: Riffrafter

Latest "news" is that the new Space Force's main charter will be to direct the cleanup of all the satellite debris in space.

Umm...yeah....sure.

Then it should be the United Nations Space Sanitation Corps who are responsible.

Maybe you were trying to be sarcastically humorous. If not, it's that type of thinking that has kept us from really pushing the boundaries here. And pushing the boundaries means allocating and spending the dollars.

Spend & discover - or die.

Those are our choices.

Tax dollars spent to clean up space debris as trash and plastic blow down the streets of America and clog up the oceans.

Seems like a plan....

Trash and plastic blowing down America's streets doesn't leave craters when they touch Earth nor do they have the ability to knock out large swaths of the world's satellite communications and defense systems...
www.theguardian.com...

Want to address the trash blowing down America's streets? Grab a trash bag and get to humping, sport. Can't exactly say the same about trash floating around our orbit, can you? The logistics of it are such that it will take federal efforts at the highest levels to clean it up.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
lol, c'mon Trump! We all know these hidden projects already exist. It's just another way to funnel more money out of us in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In all seriousness, other than waging wars like all this here, what's the big deal with space I mean REALLY?

Ok, if there's some lucrative something on the moon worth mining then cool (assuming humans can actually travel there in the first place).

But beyond satellites, and neato stuff that can happen on the space station, unless someone figures out how to teleport huge ships, and we areant already extinct to be able to build those ships, then how much is it REALLY worth pouring out of this world?

Mars is a disaster of a pointless bust in the making. So what else (that it wont be robots the ones that get to try to go there)???

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not sure the killing of childhood imagination has anything to do with the decline of NASA. From what I'm hearing from friends and family with school age children, social media and the public school system is thoroughly killing off childhood imagination. Politicizing "everything" and every aspect of life kills off imagination.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That means they won't need the Ford Mustangs anymore to chase the U2's when they land.
Should be plenty of 351 Clevelands in the Vegas junkyards within 40 years.

edit on 18-6-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Wait I thought we all ready had a Space Force or was that hacker guy and that dude who said he was a Space Marine stationed on Mars Lying? No couldn't be ...

Yes but thats the secret black space program.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In other words, it's NASA as a military branch.

Boy, thanks Trump, you just gave every "NASA is a useless money suck!!!" poster on here unlimited ammo for decades. Folks, if you think NASA's budget as a scientific agency is too high right now, just you wait -- the military wastes many times more money than NASA does.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
In other words, it's NASA as a military branch.

It always has been.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The military has a separate space division for all the services already. They overlap and duplicate each other in several ways. It makes a lot more sense to consolidate them into one organization and distribute the information to each service based on their need.

This isn't "NASA as a military organization" this is something that makes sense and will save money in the long term. It will consolidate the budget for all the services into one and allow it to be reduced.
edit on 6/18/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This isn't "NASA as a military organization" this is something that makes sense and will save money in the long term. It will consolidate the budget for all the services into one and allow it to be reduced.

Okay, fine, NASA has always been a de facto DOD front.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Which is no different than several other useful organizations that eventually were separated into a civilian organization.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
That means they won't need the Ford Mustangs anymore to chase the U2's when they land.
Should be plenty of 351 Clevelands in the Vegas junkyards within 40 years.

Ha! Wasn’t aware of the Mustang-U2 connection, but I know all about that 351 small-block...if they were chasing them in the ‘60s wasn’t it a 289 small-block? At any rate, I remember Trump saying something about this before?? Maybe it was a dream...

ETA: I just saw your edit...thanks for the vid.
edit on 18-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ETA

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm all for this as long as it doesn't turn out to be another money-sink for the military-industrial complex.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The ultimate strategic 'high ground' for the military. A necessary and logical next step. Air superiority is yesterday's strategy, space superiority is the goal. 10 years from now, 1 country will have it and I'd rather it's the USA than Russia or China.

I'd actually rather see the whole world live peacefully together without the need for military strategies, but yeah we're not there yet are we.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Quit talking about it and build me a ship, got asteroids to destroy.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

They've been using Pontiac G6s and similar at various places depending on availability. They loved the G6 when they got it. Had an easy time keeping up.

And they'll need them for awhile to come. The U-2 isn't going away any time soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What is the inertia weapon called again?

"Rods from God"?

Nuclear level destruction, no radiation?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hugely over rated honestly.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That's cool, Space Force finally gets their own branch after more than 30 years. Formed in 1985 and well established over the last three decades, looks like they'll start getting their own budget and their own paperwork with their own seal.

And their own black projects? That sounds promising.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Accuracy issues?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join