It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit's secret Putin connection: Nigel Farage's bankroller met Russian envoy three times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It seems likely to me that it would be in Russia's interest for the UK to leave the EU , it wouldn't surprise me if they actively worked toward that goal, a weaker and divided EU would be of benefit to Tzar Putin.

The fact remains that the country wanted a change and wanted out of the EU regardless of Russian intentions.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Daily mail those stupid lefties....

Oh wait..

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

What is Putin's ideology?
And what is the opposite that he's trying to spread?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Russians again I see. Don't they realize how idiotic they sound when they make these baseless accusations?

They've said it so many times without providing a shred of evidence, that even IF Russia actually did some of this stuff no one would believe them. The boy who cried wolf? Try the failed political ideology that cried wolf.

This tells me Russia is an ally, not an enemy. The fact it is all LIBERALS attacking the Russians/making false accusations constantly tells me everything I need to know.

Judging by our President's G8 summit comments, he agrees to some degree.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Know who's interest it also serves? The freedom loving people of Great Britain.

Like every other insane/psychopathic allegation against Russia: PROOF, or it never happened PERIOD

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This is good. Everyone we can not trust is pushing outdated cold war propaganda. Its like a name tag.

Watch out for the Ruskies. Yes yes. Really, Watch out for cold war time traveling old people in power.

a reply to: JBurns

The Russians again I see. Don't they realize how idiotic they sound when they make these baseless accusations? 

They really dont. Its wonderful.

edit on 6 10 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

PROOF, or it never happened PERIOD

Didn't say it did but could see why they would.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Kleptoism

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: sooth

And what is the opposite that he's trying to spread?

Think of Putin as the new Stalin without the mass murder...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah thats what I dont get. If Brussels was such a good thing for the ordinary person in Britain why would they want to leave? The vote being close to 50/50 makes it hard to fathom what ever effect outside influences may have had.

Why is a disunited Europe a bad thing. Countries like Greece and Italy and Spain despise the Euro.
The common mantra around here on ATS is that Russia is weak and broken. If thats the case then it is just doing whats best for its citizens, warding off an expansion of Nato and US Bases that have encircled it. In the long run avoiding war.

The worrisome thing is some false flag event starting hostilities.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I find it amazing how quick many members of ATS are to discount one of the biggest and most genuine political conspiracies of our times, just because they happen to like the result that came from it.

'Oh well I'm in favour of Brexit so the Russians are as innocent as innocent can be!'

The Leave EU campaign is now subject to two seperate investigations by the electoral committee, for large sums of dark money that were donated from dodgy Russian sources. As a result the usual suspects, Farage, the Russian Foreign MInistry, RT, and the Network of right-wing bloggers and 'news' sources have launched into a parade of attempts to discredit the investigations by going 'OH NO THESE STUPID LEFTY LIBRUHLS AND THEIR RUSSIA PARANOIA!' rants, which clearly on ATS have worked on the majority.

The Leave EU people are launching personal attacks to discredit journalists and MPs who are asking questions about what went on. Why do you think they're doing that?

They're pretty obviously trying to distract people from asking the important questions. Oh, that Journalist is gay, he's queer, don't listen to him, he knows nothing, Putin is your friend, nothing dodgy happened, look at the queer boy.

And yet... there are very significant questions about how much Russian secret service operations influenced the referendum.

And the result is clear, the UK economy is falling apart, there's a new story about a highstreet store going bust pretty much every week now. Costs have risen. Size of products in supermarkets have shrunk. The economy is performing worst in Europe. We're about to go off a cliff.

Brexit is wrecking the UK. And who benefits?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Banks, Farage and Wigmore - www.theguardian.com...

---
On 16 November, the documents suggest, Yakovenko invited them to an evening meeting at the Russian embassy. It is not clear if they attended but the next day, 17 November, Leave.EU held its launch event – with Brittany Kaiser of Cambridge Analytica. And on 18 November, Banks and Wigmore again visited the embassy. On this occasion, the Russian ambassador introduced them to a Russian businessman with extensive business interests in Russian goldmines, according to documents seen by the Observer.

It is understood they were presented with a business opportunity in which they were offered a chance to invest in a plan to buy six Russian gold firms and merge them into a single entity, potentially netting a profit of several billion dollars.
The deal to buy the goldmines with funding from the bank was announced on 5 July 2016, 12 days after the referendum. It is not clear if Banks invested, although he tweeted on 17 July 2016 : “I am buying gold at the moment & big mining stocks.” There is no public record of Banks being an investor in it
Collins, the chair of the select committee for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, said: “Russia is not our friend. And this new material raises questions of the most serious nature. If deals were brokered with Russian government help, it would raise urgent questions about Russian interference in our democracy. We urgently need Arron Banks to answer these and other questions. People will wonder if this is the real reason he has cancelled his appearance before the committee.”
-----------------
www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join