It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay out of ALL 501c churches - they are infected with the spirit of the antichrist !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I would say it's a conspiracy against true Christianity, these churches don't teach Christianity and lead people astray with a prosperity doctrine
Mixing Hebrew with Christianity
They are nothing but charlatans preying on dummies
I blame the dummies in the church who are only there to gratify themselves

Oh, I don't need a special revelation from God to see that

The Messiah was born through a Hebrew woman! Salvation is to the Jew first than the Gentile.
The Christians are grafted into the vine and Jews and Gentiles are one in Messiah!

The Jews rejected Christ.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

The Jews rejected Christ.
All of the first believers were Jews .

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV) 2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
All Jews
edit on 9-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The prophets are messengers from God.People didn't like what the
prophets were saying and they would kill them.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Sure, but after that: The Jews rejected Christ. Go up to one today and ask him.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That is true but you used a verse about false prophets to determine who real Christians are . To find a answer to that you need to look in 1st or 2nd John .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sure, but after that: The Jews rejected Christ.
There were Jews at that time that rejected Him just as there are some today that do ....but not all .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Woodcarver

How do you know true christianity from the false?
How would you ?
It all looks fake to me, i don’t see any validity to it.

From the outside, i see the infighting. Christians argue about what the bible says, because the bible contradicts itself so much. Just wondering how some of you discern the one’s who have it right from those who have it wrong.
edit on 9-6-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

But you said

I would say it's a conspiracy against true Christianity
Are you saying there is a true Christianity ?

i see the infighting. Christians argue about what the bible says, because the bible contradicts itself so much.
I see debate on many topics within the scriptures . I could say the same for secular history and science . How do you know which camp to park yourself in as far as being the true history or which branch of science is true ? They all cant be correct can they ?

Just wondering how some of you discern the one’s who have it right from those who have it wrong
By studying the "it's" ...It is a very big subject .With many parts . And many opinions . Just like science and history .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Tell me exactly what verses you are talking about? I simply stated that
the prophets were messengers from God and the people would kill
them.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I know this to be true as I started to listen to a Messianic Rabbi
about 10 years ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I was responding to what you said ...

You can tell a false Christian from a true Christian by the fruits they bare.
That verse deals with false prophets , not Christians . John deals with true Christians and how we know in his letters 1st 2nd and 3rd John . they are short and easy to read .

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Gotta keep up with the hollywood crowd!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of joke. Christians asked some Jews what they do with Charities to their Synagogue. Jews answered, we sit in a circle and throw the money in the air. What GOD doesn't keep is ours.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Except the Jewish people rejected Christ
Have you ever read the bible?

Or are you implying Christians should be under the Mosaic covenants?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Jesus teachings on Christianity are very clear
We see both the sermon on the mount and the fruit of the spirit as indicators of a true Christianity
Failure is acceptable but certainly not the lavish, greed inspired lifestyles these people encourage
Material blessing are not of value compared to spiritual blessings
These groups teach and preach materialism, they teach and preach old mosaic law

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Except the Jewish people rejected Christ
Have you ever read the bible?

Or are you implying Christians should be under the Mosaic covenants?

If some Jews want to believe in Christ, why should we question their sincerity? She appears to know the new testament and has not said anything misleading. As far as the Mosaic covenants are concerned, she will discover what is best from her reading and fellowship.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

But you said

I would say it's a conspiracy against true Christianity
Are you saying there is a true Christianity ?

i see the infighting. Christians argue about what the bible says, because the bible contradicts itself so much.
I see debate on many topics within the scriptures . I could say the same for secular history and science . How do you know which camp to park yourself in as far as being the true history or which branch of science is true ? They all cant be correct can they ?

Just wondering how some of you discern the one’s who have it right from those who have it wrong
By studying the "it's" ...It is a very big subject .With many parts . And many opinions . Just like science and history .
I didn’t say that. I think you quoted someone else.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I didn’t say that. I think you quoted someone else.
Sorry ..yes I did . But back to what you did say

It all looks fake to me, i don’t see any validity to it. From the outside, i see the infighting. Christians argue about what the bible says, because the bible contradicts itself so much. Just wondering how some of you discern the one’s who have it right from those who have it wrong.
I had asked how you discern which scientific opinion or historical opinion is true because we see the same sort of debates and discussions happening in those studies . Do you think it all looks fake as well because of the differing opinions about the data ? Do you chose one set of data over another set to derive at your believe about those studies ? How do you decide which camp to chose ? Is all science believable to you and are all history books believable to you ? "Professor Stephen Hawking's final theory: The universe is a hologram " www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 9-6-2018 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Nobody is arguing that some Jews accepted Jesus, hence the term Mesianic Jews, was that an argument, ever, by anyone
Tom, I havnt a clue as to Beth's issue with my post, I answered a maybe post and asked a question of sorts

She will indeed discover the truth from reading and fellowship
A good place to start is asking what covenant she comes under, the Mosaic covenant or the Christ covenant, if she chooses the Mosaic covenant then she is a Jew, questioned sorted

Tom, the bible itself teaches that the Jews rejected the messiah, it wasn't me who made that up. Romans 9 teaches us that very clearly

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

That's a valid question Woodie, it all comes down to Jesus.
I don't believe the bible is perfect, just perfect enough to teach it's about faith in Jesus and loving others and living those actions
It's never been about the church, it's a heart thing
Everybody knows how a Christian should act, what is true and what is false
If they don't know, it's easily explained

<< 1    3  4 >>

join