It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A transgender man told he had to be named the Father after giving birth to the child

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Because a birth certificate is a legal document that lists your ancestors - paternal and maternal. It's like a family tree in a sense. If this kid makes a family tree, sorry but his "father" will still be on the maternal side of the tree where you represent the side that gives birth to you.

This isn't about social labels or roles as much as it is about pedigree in a sense.
Good points

I wonder how the LDS church are going to cope with future issues like this in their world geneology aspirations.
I bet there are lots of errors in family trees anyway, women can't lie anymore now we have DNA testing. Best £300 I ever spent years ago when a girl I was seeing became pregnant, turns out the boy wasn't mine but I still raised him like he was for 7 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I wonder how the LDS church are going to cope with future issues like this in their world geneology aspirations.

Bravo sir!! I needed a laugh after hearing of Tony Bourdain’s death this AM.

And the best 300 pounds you ever spent? That’s an understatement — those 11 remaining years would’ve cost 1000x that!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe one of our transgender members can explain something to me. After reading comments from our trangsgendered members and their experiences, one detail seems common. The common detail is they knew and felt, from an early age, that they were in the wrong body or the wrong gender. I have no reason to doubt their feelings because I haven't been in their situation to disagree with them.

If this is the case, how could any woman transitioning to a man desire or want to become pregnant? Doesn't this oppose the notion of feeling they are in the wrong body or the wrong gender? It would seem logical to not desire anything a woman would desire specifically because they felt their body and gender was wrong to begin with. How can it be both?

I hope I have worded things correctly to achieve an answer or better understanding. I find it very difficult to understand how the desire or want to be pregnant or have a child could exist if everything felt wrong or opposite from the start.

This seems to be a direct contradiction to what is being said.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
We are not talking about biological sex. We're talking about gender.

That right there is where this insanity goes bat # insane, especially if you believe in all the different genders out there. Here's an example from a website I just looked up:

"Absorgender: Absorgender is a gender that changes to conform to the genders of those around you. As you are around more people, even if some leave, they continue to add to the genders you feel. You remain as the genders that you have taken in until you hit a max of some sort. At that point you become like a blank slate, being only one gender (it doesn’t have to be agender or neutral, it can be any gender and the base gender can be different each time).

If you absorb one gender more easily than other genders, you can replace gender in the term with the gender you absorb best. Like absorgirl, absornonbinary, absordemiboy, etc."

Seriously, what??

Not only do they not know what "gender" they are, it seems nobody can agree on how many actual "genders" there really are. When I was looking it up, some say there's 76, others 63, I've even seen one claim 38. So how many are there??

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I don't think we should have to change the entire system to indulge the transgendered. This isn't discrimination, it's an uncomfortable reminder of how they were born, but they aren't being denied access to participate or being treated differently. What they are asking for is to be treated differently because they change their plumbing, sorry but that isn't a good enough reason to upend the system.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My kids never called me mother except to be sarcastic. I'm Ma.
Ma where's my book bag. Ma what's for dinner.
Their birth certificates should say
Ma and dad. Not mother and father. LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If a woman wants to call themselves a man, more power to them. However, expecting others to recognize their lunacy (especially in a legal setting) is asinine.

"Your" right to believe what you want is undeniable. However, "your" (not you personally) rights end where "mine" begin.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill
Maybe one of our transgender members can explain something to me. After reading comments from our trangsgendered members and their experiences, one detail seems common. The common detail is they knew and felt, from an early age, that they were in the wrong body or the wrong gender. I have no reason to doubt their feelings because I haven't been in their situation to disagree with them.

If this is the case, how could any woman transitioning to a man desire or want to become pregnant? Doesn't this oppose the notion of feeling they are in the wrong body or the wrong gender? It would seem logical to not desire anything a woman would desire specifically because they felt their body and gender was wrong to begin with. How can it be both?

I hope I have worded things correctly to achieve an answer or better understanding. I find it very difficult to understand how the desire or want to be pregnant or have a child could exist if everything felt wrong or opposite from the start.

This seems to be a direct contradiction to what is being said.

You can ask lesbians that question since they don't like men.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

I have no reason to doubt their feelings because I haven't been in their situation to disagree with them.

Agree

Excellent point. To me, this "transgender" stuff is just another form of gay/lesbian - which as I said there is nothing wrong with that. I personally have no such desire for that type of lifestyle, but more power to those that do. Sadly, all the titles/groups/names/labels/etc are just another form of identity politics vs. issue-centric result driven politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My youngest daughter calls me simply "pop" I know right where you are coming from silly

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

LOL. I've never heard of the term "absorgender". It reminds me of what is called "mirroring" in psychology. People tend to imitate others in social situations to some degree. I forgot what it's called when people have a condition that causes that person to imitate others all the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That poor child.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Meh. It seems like every few months, there are a slew of “we hate transgender people” threads. Looks like it’s that time again.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Meh. It seems like every few months, there are a slew of “we hate transgender people” threads. Looks like it’s that time again.

Telling someone that they are wrong is not hate.
So yeah, meh

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Best of luck to him, I hope he wins.

All transfolk want are the same rights everyone else has, its not "special treatment" to have a man listed as "father" on their childs birth certificate.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Telling someone that they are wrong is not hate.
So yeah, meh

They say that telling Christians are wrong is hate.

Blech. Meh.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Asking a lesbian would solve nothing. A lesbian is not a transgender. I hope you know the difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join