It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Medical Mystery Grows as U.S. Consulate Workers in China Fall ill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds like a continuation of what had been happening in Cuba. At the time, I doubted Cuba was responsible, because of the potential diplomatic crisis that would unfold if they got caught. I still doubt it. The question is now would China be involved in something like this, or is a third party trying to stir up trouble?
edit on 7-6-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Sounds like a continuation of what had been happening in Cuba. At the time, I doubted Cuba was responsible, because of the potential diplomatic crisis that would unfold if they got caught. I still doubt it. The question is now would China be involved in something like this, or is a third party trying to stir up trouble?

I would guess the last one. If so it certainly makes for a nice giant stirring spoon in a pot of trouble.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The resonant frequency of the human skull is 7Hz which would be infra-sound rather than ultra-sound. The various components of the human ear have different resonant frequencies as well. It would need to have to be a standing wave pattern like Chladni plates with the areas of peak amplitude where the brain damage is occurring to the audio regions of the brain.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I spent quite a bit of time looking into how infrasound frequencies can affect humans. I found that around 18 Hz there is actual evidence that mild traumatic brain injury can occur if the amplitude of the signal is high enough as it impacts the subject.

Also the size, shape, and contents of a room can affect its resonant frequency; which has the potential of amplifying the effect of the sound.

Thanks,
-dex

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This article has a clip of a sound that:

Individuals who have heard the noise in Havana confirm the recordings are generally consistent with what they heard.

The sound clip reminds me of a cicada, I hear them all the time at night where I live.

Also from that same article:

Not all Americans injured in Cuba heard sounds. Of those who did, it's not clear they heard precisely the same thing.

A different article has this description:

The injuries in Cuba, like those in China, followed disturbing sensations of sounds and vibrations that have been described variously as the noises made by cicadas, static, metal sheets waving or, in Mr. Lenzi’s case, marbles rolling around a metal funnel.

I am going to guess these frequencies entered a room via floor vents or ceiling vents or the sound they heard was a distraction from the actual cause.

A health alert was also made on the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in China website on May 23, 2018.

Event:
A U.S. government employee in China recently reported subtle and vague, but abnormal, sensations of sound and pressure. The U.S. government is taking these reports seriously and has informed its official staff in China of this event. We do not currently know what caused the reported symptoms and we are not aware of any similar situations in China, either inside or outside of the diplomatic community.

Action to Take:
• If you have concerns about any symptoms or medical problems that developed during or after a stay in China, consult a medical professional.
• While in China, if you experience any unusual acute auditory or sensory phenomena accompanied by unusual sounds or piercing noises, do not attempt to locate their source. Instead, move to a location where the sounds are not present.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 7-6-2018 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
US pulls 2 more from Cuba amid new potential health cases

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States is testing two more workers from its embassy in Cuba for possible brain injury amid concerns they may have been affected by mysterious health incidents harming U.S. diplomats in Cuba and China.

That word comes from three U.S. officials. They're not authorized to comment publicly on the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity.

A State Department official says they are "potentially new cases" but not yet "medically confirmed." The official says the two individuals from the embassy in Havana are undergoing medical evaluation.

www.yahoo.com...

This has to be watched because it looks like someone is testing a weapon and maybe it will lead to something more devastating. Like I said, this would be a nightmare weapon. Forget bombs and suicide bombers, you can kill people through sound. Shouldn't we be able to pinpoint the distance of the sound? I wonder if they capture the sound, can they replay it and make people sick? Maybe they can't hear the sound and it only hurts the people that are being attacked. That would be crazy!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Those new atomic lighters you see on tv..they repel cats..if you use it around a cat they leave like a dog hearing a whistle

my guess is someone found a frequency that screws up humans

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This falls in line with the coming regional conflicts in the ME between Saudi's and Iran and the US and China in the south seas.

buy mining and drilling stocks.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Good Points,

now let's think even further outside the sphere,

What about it not even being a speaker, If it's indeed just americans, that would suggest it's targeting, and then I'd have to go into the realm of there being a substance given to just the americans to then use a device that would resonate or digitally excite to create resonating frequency enough to the point vertigo and vomiting is achieved.

Audio just wouldn't think, because it's not en mass, it's supposedly selective, which screams custom equipment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join