It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How American Household Finances are Changing, Because of Republicans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
You guys are to easy, I'll wait for someone to come along who actually has some skill/ brains.

If there is anyone left.

Did you mean TOO easy? I bet you did. Spoken like a true professional athlete

Dorian

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Of course I'm living without joy--I keep opening threads on ATS and reading the comments

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
The really scary part for me is how many people seem to be oblivious to how financially bad off they are, accepting a flat income for decades as the price of most everything has risen, some by hundreds of percent. It is a recipe for disaster, driving the people into the ground. I guess most people are okay with a relative few having everything. Seems dumb to me. But what do I know?

What really drives this home for me, you can offer someone another 15 years on their lifespan, or a crisp new $100 bill every day for the rest of their lives. The vast majority of people will pick the $100

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

you must be a Democrat or an academic?

sorry I don't care enough to be as granular as you with your grammer on a forum

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

a reply to: cynicalheathen

People are buying crap they don't need with money they don't have to impress people they don't like.

from the actual data present in the OP most people seem to be spending almost all of their money on things they need to survive and not what you list above

The data is indiscriminate.
For example, I haven't had a car loan in over 20 years, and I'm not rich at all. I teach high school and my wife works part time and we raised a disabled autistic son. Only this year did he get any help from anyone other than us and he's 19.

These averages are just so much BS. How many of those loans are for new cars like Mercedes and BMWs?

These numbers simply indicate that people are stupid. Breaking news.

Harte
edit on 6/5/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You didn't read my thread which is why you have no idea what you're talking about. I just made a hit piece on how the government propaganda about the market is a total lie.

My apologies. It was arrogant and disrespectful on my part. Nevertheless, I stand by my statement. I simply wish to emphasize that both sides of the political spectrum are responsible for antagonizing liberty.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Household income stats are demonstrably misleading to buff up the alleged poverty rate, you need to read "Discrimination and Disparities" by Thomas Sowell, or any of his books on economics.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I find it disheartening that so many suggest a person lower their standard of living because of the percolation of wealth to the upper class rather than crying for the injustice that is. The upper class do not need more wealth. Period. Not only does it hurt society at large reducing its quality of life, but it distorts democracy through undue influence that wealth buys. This is not to say the people should live an extravagant lifestyle, but rather recognize that we are all in this together and all should be rewarded for our riches. The model we currently live by is that we privatize profits yet socialize losses. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My wife is getting off active duty, so we had to go do a sit down with some people and explain our plan.

They explained how people much higher in rank than us were in worse shape leaving the military, without having a kid on the way.

We decided when we got married to make certain we could live on 1 income at the rank she was when we married.

we have 1500 debt (not including the house), a signifigant amount of cash in savings not including retirement funds.

We achieved that by simply not rushing out to buy a new car because we could, or not buying the latest electronic toy because it was new, we completly abandoned the idea of keeping up with the jones and instead got what was needed followed by want (assuming we had the money to pay for it).

It seems like many people now a days do not have the self control to limit their spending.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join