It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Samantha Bee has apologized. She has no reason to do so.

I'm not sure building an outrage culture to counter another is such a great idea.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Samantha Bee has apologized. She has no reason to do so.

I'm not sure building an outrage culture to counter another is such a great idea.

well I agree with this.

I dont think Bee, roseanne, kathy griffin, or anyone else should lose their jobs for being "offensive"

the point I am making is that the entertainment industry is overwhelmingly left wing, and time and time again they have one standard for people that offend them, but another when people they agree with say offensive things.

And that should be called out to show how ridiculous demanding thinsg because you are "offended" is.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. And most of the right wing crying has been completely hypocritical and full of double standards. Perhaps that needed to be spelled out further.

"Party of family values" that has celebrated/elected someone who revels in having no values, name calls, enjoys being a ass, lies constantly and shows no regard to correcting himself (when blatantly lying) or apologizing... for example.

Really? First post I've ever had removed... for pointing out hypocrisy, the topic of the thread. I didn't go after any one person.
edit on 31-5-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is also not a joke. There is nothing even remotely funny about it. The Rosanne remark, well, she does look like an extra from POTA. It is quite hysterical.

I always think back to Chris Rock. He did a stand up early in his career where he talks about hating a specific ethnic group. They were jokes. He talked about poor blacks and white trash. You can laugh at it as it is showing how life is.

Calling someone the most vile word one woman can call another...just not right in my opinion.

Should be be fired? No. Just like Rosanne should not have been fired.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But I would guess that you understand that when someone works for a company and they say things that the company does not agree are in line with, or inclusive of the full swath of people that they hope to appeal to, that they have the right to manage their own image/company. They want to be inclusive, not exclusive.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

But I would guess that you understand that when someone works for a company and they say things that the company does not agree are in line with, or inclusive of the full swath of people that they hope to appeal to, that they have the right to manage their own image/company. They want to be inclusive, not exclusive.

It sounds like the party of the worker has switched to the party of the corporation.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

And no one is surprised.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My sources tell me that ABC fired the audience for not laughing enough at Samantha Bee's joke.

Developing. . . . .

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed. And most of the right wing crying has been completely hypocritical and full of double standards. Perhaps that needed to be spelled out further.

"Party of family values" that has celebrated/elected someone who revels in having no values, name calls, enjoys being a ass, lies constantly and shows no regard to correcting himself (when blatantly lying) or apologizing... for example.

Really? First post I've ever had removed... for pointing out hypocrisy, the topic of the thread. I didn't go after any one person.

Well to be honest with you, the attack on Trump makes you sound too emotional and irrational to have a discussion with, so good day, and good luck.

edit on 31/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Not going to linger and continue to be off topic or continue to upset the OP. Just an overall change. Political conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen these days. I can get into political bickering on pretty much any site these days. Legit fringe theories, the fun, the bizarre, etc are mostly gone. Just people yelling at each other with a keyboard. I don't know what happened to "Deny Ignorance," but it seems to be dead and buried. Not going to lament further, have a nice day.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Racist comments are generally seen as being worse. Why would anyone care about what Samantha Bee said? It wasn't even a good insult. If she said the exact same thing as Roseanne I'm sure she would be in a similar predicament.
edit on 31-5-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

More like the point of this post is to point out the following:

Imagine we're a bunch of kids on the playground. You don't like Tommy, so it's perfectly OK to call Tommy a doody-head, but Brian is your best friend, so when Tommy calls Brian a doody-head, it suddenly becomes the worst, most terrible thing anyone could ever call anyone ... nevermind that you and Brian both just were calling Tommy a doody-head.

This is the sort of situation we have going on right now.

Either it's OK, or at least left unpunished, for people to call each other doody-heads, or no one can call anyone a doody-head ... not even the people you don't like.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Try to imagine someone keeping their job after saying this about President Hillarys daughter and laughing......

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My sources tell me that ABC fired the audience for not laughing enough at Samantha Bee's joke.

Developing. . . . .

WOW I didnt know ABC had control of CBS/TBS?! When did that happen?!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

...and then this obese excuse for a human being has his Roseanne moment, saying Bee's rant was 'brilliant'.

Michael Moore is as bad as Bee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join