It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

So what is a simp and a cuckold,?
You seem to love your labels.
I escape and evade them.
They are silly boys whining about women.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

So what is a simp and a cuckold,?
You seem to love your labels.
I escape and evade them.
They are silly boys whining about women.
actually i never get to use them. You guys aren't so bold in public.
You seem to be the type that thrives when men are working and producing, or taking credit for their work.
So what turns you on more.
Having it in secret with other mens wives and gf's? Or having other men have what they want with your woman/women (yeah right)?
Answer truthfully and I will point out some definitions for you

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Your question is flawed, badly.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Only because you cannot admit to yourself what you already told the rest of us.
Remember how all your exes still sleep with you?
They are all single waiting for you to call and hook up for movie night, right?
LOL
I am spot on

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only because you cannot admit to yourself what you already told the rest of us.
Remember how all your exes still sleep with you?
They are all single waiting for you to call and hook up for movie night, right?
LOL
I am spot on

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lol okay

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Lots of misandry in this thread. When women complain about their grievances with men, they are applauded and supported. When men air their grievances with women, they are misogynistic man-childs that cannot keep up with evolution.

Unsurprising though, considering third wave feminism's effect on modern society.

edit on 5-6-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Actually, I can be arsed answering you...

originally posted by: bulwarkz
actually i never get to use them. You guys aren't so bold in public.
Bold about what? Asserting that I have loving relationships with female friends?

You seem to be the type that thrives when men are working and producing, or taking credit for their work.
So what turns you on more.
Having it in secret with other mens wives and gf's? Or having other men have what they want with your woman/women (yeah right)?
Answer truthfully and I will point out some definitions for you
I've never had sex with anyone who I believed had indicated to someone else that they were exclusively with them.
Your question is silly, why have you tried to turn my no-strings sex into me cheating behind the backs of others?
Sorry to disappoint you but nope, I've never done that.
My female friends have sex with other people for sure, we don't really talk about it together, that's our own private business. Same as I don't say Hi Kim, I was shagging Sarah last week, she's hot, although some friends we do talk about it, especially the girls who have had sex with each other.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make our love any less real, but you've admitted you base your views of love on religious values so you would likely never understand it.
I bet you'll find a new silly label for me now lol

MGTOW is a lame silly boys club whining about women.
#HGTOW Humans Going Their Own Way

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
Unsurprising though, considering third wave feminism's effect on modern society.

What, do you mean WGTOW? Women going their own way the same as men?
I'm all for it, mutual fun and intimacy but without the restrictions of an exclusive relationship. Women going their own way has been one of the best developments in my society and social group since sliced bread lol

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent

What, do you mean WGTOW? Women going their own way the same as men?

You are inventing labels on the fly, defining them however you see fit even when they already have meanings, then when other people try to explain them to you and how they are normally used, you say you don't care about labels. Anyone else smell a whiff of dishonesty here? =) You are just making yourself look stupid. Stop.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mishmashum

WGTOW is cool as #

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

WGTOW is cool as #

Next you'll be saying necrophilia is cool because you don't understand what it is.

You are saying it's cool that women want to limit their encounters with males and stay away from men.

That is what WGTOW is. Here is a community of women that want to live independent and separate from men and keep their interactions to a minimum.

reddit.com/r/WGTOW

It helps to know what you are talking about before you say you like it.
edit on 5-6-2018 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I've called myself a MGTOW in another thread once, so I thought I'd write a reply way back here on page 38. Thanks for that 20 pages of name calling CornishCeltGuy, it's just what this thread needed!

Let's see:

Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW /ˈmɪɡtaʊ/) is a mostly pseudonymous online community[2][3] of men supported by websites and social media presences[4] cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage.[5][6] The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.[7] MGTOW have "...vowed to stay away from women, stop dating and not have children".[8] MGTOW focus on men's self-ownership rather than changing the status quo through activism and protest, making MGTOW distinct from the men's rights movement.[9]

Mostly agree, except for the

MGTOW have "...vowed to stay away from women, stop dating and not have children".

I love women, I do not intend to 'give up on women' as it were, well, ever. Doesn't mean I have to conform to the social norms of how to have a relationship though.

Moving on:

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.[14] Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy".[15]

Agree, sort of. I'm not against the concept of dating or a relationship altogether, but I don't chase women, so I don't date much. As for a relationship, not against the concept even though I don't have many.

I totally agree with this assertion. Every man I know at my age (33) that has been married or had a child has had their lives ripped apart. Literally every one of them. I've lost several friends to super controlling wives as well. Everyone else I know has either been totally axed out of their children's life or had their lives destroyed through alimony and child support. I believe in child support but the way the court system works it can totally screw you out of your job.

Agreed that this happens to men a lot, and is often not justified. Happens to women too, sometimes, but happens to men a lot in this country.

The video, meh...

Moving on, let's have another look at the wiki:

MGTOW have been associated with political viewpoints. Politically, MGTOW have been variously associated with libertarianism,[11] the alt-right,[11][12] and philosophical anarchism.[9] MGTOW use the word gynocentric to describe conditions that they claim favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances.[13][6] MGTOW believe that there is a systemic gynocentric bias against men including double standards in gender roles, bias against men in family courts, lack of concern for men falsely accused of rape and lack of consequences for their accusers.[9]

Interesting, and agreed with the notions expressed, that there is a backlash against men from society. The same can still be rightly claimed by women too though I think, so we're still kind of getting it wrong from both ends as a society. Hopefully we will learn to be more even handed as a society sometime in the near future.

Moving on to this...

According to Vice writer Mack Lamoureux, there are five levels to MGTOW:[10]

Level 0 – Situational awareness: This is the lowest level of MGTOW. At this level, a man is viewed as having swallowed the "red pill" and thereby, MGTOW advocates claim men at this level "embrac[e] the idea that gender equality is a lie and propaganda."
Level 1 – Rejection of long-term relationships: At this stage, a man "...rejects long-term relationships but will still partake in short-term relationships and sexual encounters."
Level 2 – Rejection of short-term relationships: In level 2, a man does not meet women for "...hook-ups or any form of short-term or sexual relationships."
Level 3 – Economic disengagement: a member at this stage "...refuses to earn more money than is necessary for sustaining life. He views the government as tyrannical and is trying to actively drain money from the bureaucrats."
Level 4 – Societal disengagement: "Here the man refuses to interact with society any more than ever", such as by living "off the grid" (e.g. in a cabin)

(Loud squeaky voice)
Hey wait a minute man! I didn't sign up for any of this stuff! Not a MGTOW! Not a MGTOW!! Not a MGTOW!!! If I gotta share the boat with these fellas, I want off of this ship!
(shoulders past two monks and three angry dudes, jumps overboard)

Seriously though, some of that stuff seemed a little extreme for my tastes. I'm all for doing it my own way and not getting played by all the schemers and snagglepusses; but putting away relationships, society, and beneficial financial activities altogether seems silly and counter productive to anyone who wants to try and survive in the world, in my opinion. How about just being highly cognizant of the very real risks involved with romantic encounters and relationships, and letting said cognizance temper my judgement so as to proceed cautiously and patiently in such endeavors? I think I like that approach better.

Maybe I'm not really a MGTOW after all, or maybe this wiki's just got a bunch of hatchet work in it. I haven't really researched the topic much, though I did read the thread before replying. Thought I'd chime in here while I'm still all kinda naive about it, this is my unresearched surface view.

Moving on:

I don't think this is entirely women's fault either, I think that our culture is producing this paradigm.

Agreed. They're mostly just soooo programmed by society for this kind of behavior, and there are plenty of major incentives for women to engage in the sort of distasteful behavior you've referenced in your OP. It's been deeply ingrained in our culture for a few decades now. It is a fact.
edit on 6-6-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Your labels are silly then. Go your own way and whine about women if you want, me I'll just laugh to myself and enjoy no strings interaction with the lovely women in my life lol

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I don't think the defenders of MGTOW in this thread really know what they are defending lol, just a silly little boys club whining about women is all I see
😂😂😂

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Your labels are silly then. Go your own way if you want, me I'll just laugh to myself and enjoy no strings interaction with the lovely women in my life lol

You are entitled to think they are silly, but it's a little sad you can't even figure out the difference between a person describing something versus someone defending a subject.

That is how f*n stupid you are.

At least after all this time you finally wrote go your own way the way it is actually used.

Congrats on finally figuring it out!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You still whining? lol
Go on, explain the difference between me 'going my own way' not committing to a relationship, and my female friends who are doing the same?
You've avoided that question every time. You just want a little boys club to whine about women. It's lame and pathetic, but amusing.

EDIT
....and 'manosphere' PMSL! The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of!
edit on 6-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Your labels are silly then. Go your own way and whine about women if you want, me I'll just laugh to myself and enjoy no strings interaction with the lovely women in my life lol

The way you say that your gf's must be lesbians

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

How can you even think that?

They don't want committed relationships, same as I don't, sex and companionship is on the table though.
You debate like a child, and you're just butt hurt because I'm mocking your little boys club which whines about women.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You still whining? lol
Go on, explain the difference between me 'going my own way' not committing to a relationship, and my female friends who are doing the same?
You've avoided that question every time. You just want a little boys club to whine about women. It's lame and pathetic, but amusing.

EDIT
....and 'manosphere' PMSL! The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of!

Because you exemplify cuckoldry, mysandry, simping and white knighting.
No matter how you try and fame it using your own projection we made you the topic many pages ago.
You are the lowest form of masculinity.
A slug on the sexual market place where narcissism reigns and men act like women. You might look like a man but masculinity evades your inet presence.
Your women most likely are all lesbians

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join