It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major DOJ Briefings on SPYGATE Will Now Be Bi-Partisan on 5-24-2018.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
May 23, 2018

The attendance size and (probably) the scope, of what was to be a single briefing to Committee heads Nunes and Gowdy, have greatly expanded this evening:

FBI and Justice Department officials on Thursday will brief the bipartisan group of lawmakers known as the "Gang of 8" on classified documents related to the special counsel's Russia investigation -- after they meet with two key House Republican lawmakers, Fox News has learned.

The first meeting at Justice Department headquarters is scheduled to take place at noon and will include White House Chief of Staff John Kelly; Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; FBI Director Christopher Wray; Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats; House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif.; and House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.

The second meeting, scheduled for 2 p.m., will include Kelly, Rosenstein, Wray, Coats, Gowdy, Republican and Democratic leaders from both the House and Senate, and the top lawmakers from their intelligence panels.

Both House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., told Fox News they plan to attend the second meeting. Warner is vice chairman of the Senate intelligence panel.
SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

Can't wait to "read" the faces, and hear the comments after these briefings!

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I feel that these ongoing investigations, will keep leading into more investigations, continued by follow up investigations, that ultimately lead to no where. Is this all just a giant distraction, or is this the process of actually getting something done? I hope for the latter.

Cheers,
-StS
edit on 24-5-2018 by SurveyTheSurveyors because: Spellcheck

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

If the information shared with Congress is profound enough, a Special Counsel will be named to clean house. Otherwise, just more of the same.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Looks like Pelosi and Schumer got their way
1) Pelosi can no longer put together words and make a viable sentence
2) Schumer doesnt care whether Pelosi or himself can....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ummm...so they threw Pelosi and Schumer a bone...?

Get your mind out of the gutter...

YouSir

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Anyone want to wager on which party "leaks" something first...

My bet would be a schumer aide will be the first to accidently leak something.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Is this news? The 'gang of five' bi-partisan group have been doing it since the start.

ETA: Sorry got mixed up with above statement, gang of five is a separate but parallel group that's been overseeing the investigation and previous statement by DOJ. Another wider one is wise given events but hopefully stop revealing informants ID and damaging national security otherwise these will cause far more harm than good.

It looks like leaks-ahoy. While US press generally follow it, the blogosphere there completely ignores the law and ethics and actively unmasks sources which can scupper other ongoing serious investigations.
edit on 24-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Trey Gowdy said last night that he didn't mind if they attended as long as they 'have an open mind, and keep their mouths shut.' He said he doesn't want them 'to leak like a seive' as soon as the meeting is over.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I figured Nancy Peloski would avoid going to the meeting because she doesn't want to hear what was really going on. She still might walk out if they say something she doesn't want to hear. She can cover her ears and close her eyes and chant Na-na-na if she doesn't like what is being said, she won't be alone.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I figured Nancy Peloski would avoid going to the meeting because she doesn't want to hear what was really going on. She still might walk out if they say something she doesn't want to hear. She can cover her ears and close her eyes and chant Na-na-na if she doesn't like what is being said, she won't be alone.

Unless she writes things down, she probably won't remember what was said. I can just see the first press conference after that meeting. She'll stutter and struggle to find the words. With a smile of course.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: rickymouse

Unless she writes things down, she probably won't remember what was said. I can just see the first press conference after that meeting. She'll stutter and struggle to find the words. With a smile of course.

I don't think people like her should be in congress myself. She seems opinionated and irrational, just like McCain has been the last year. Maybe she has a brain tumor or maybe she just drinks too much wine...someone has to taste test it I suppose, why pay someone to do something she is good at.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nancy is a member of "The Gang of 8".

You know what happens if you betray your gang?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Adam Schiff was invited at the last minute to the Gowdy/Nunes meeting at Noon Today.

twitter.com...

It's lasting loooonger than expected.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Adam Schiff was invited at the last minute to the Gowdy/Nunes meeting at Noon Today.

twitter.com...

It's lasting loooonger than expected.

In fact, the first briefing has run into the start-time for the second briefing. It's going way long.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rickymouse

Nancy is a member of "The Gang of 8".

You know what happens if you betray your gang?

Pelosi, the same person who came out in support of MS-13 and thinks trump is Bush?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No leaks yet?
Must be serious business.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is worse than when I was a kid waiting for Christmas.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I expect that some of what they have on Trump and associates will be shown and you will hear hardly a peep from the Republicans afterwards.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

You expect? Why?

If the information shared showed that the Trump Administration did something wrong, you can be sure that Adam Schiff would be texting that information out of the meeting right now.
edit on 5/24/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
No leaks yet?
Must be serious business.

President Trump told Rosenstein on Monday in the Oval Office that if he did not give Nunes and Gowdy what they want and have been asking for for months, he had better look for another job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join