It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology Leap !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Untill very recently I was not a believer in Alien Life. I guess I was blinded by the damn Government. Though thru alot of reserch on my own and by the reserch of my fine brotheran on this site. I am now convinced!

What really convinced me though is the huge Technology leap we took in the middle 1900's. If it didnt come from E.T. were did it come from?

Thats the purpose of this post I wanna discuss where it might have come from E.T. or other wise.

I personally believe it was thru either a direct "gift" from or reverse engineering of Alien Tech from recovered space craft or the like.

I mean come on the microchip? Who the hell would have come up with that on there own. I think the government got ahold of the tech and then leeked it to private sources to make it more believeable and excepted by the public.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by butters30]

[edit on 19-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What technology leap in the mid 1990s? If you mean the Internet that was developed over decades and it's history is quite well documented.

Microchips were around long before then as well.

[edit on 2/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think he was talking about the shoe phone

The internet was around for a while, but was popularized in the early 90s when marketers saw the money making potential it presented. Following that, there was a massive free exchange of ideas leading towards all kinds of new technologies which would have taken decades to develop otherwise. There was a technological leap when phones became popular, when mainframes became popular, and when PCs became popular, too. Any technology developed which enhances the exchange of information is always followed by a major technological jump. The same thing happened with writing.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was under the impression there was a significant exponential technology leap...

It's one thing to say it was sparked by extraterrestrial influence; but to say the leap didn't occur at all

[edit on 102828p://18u53 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There are some of us humans who enjoy intellectually stimulating conversation and educated discussions. Why is it so hard to believe that a human is not capable of figuring out how something works? Even chimpanzees use tools. You should have more faith in the imagination of humanity.

[edit on 2/18/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I was under the impression there was a significant exponential technology leap...

A leap forward where? Please name a technology that was a real leap...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yeah, given lots of resources, time, money, a coldwar economy, and not to mention the bare neccessity for these things man couldn't have come up with them thier own. Same goes for the wheel, lever, control of fire...

Sorry, but technology just leaps forward every so often. What was there before the plane? Lots and lots and then some more failed attempts. What was there before modern astronomy? Astrology and guessing, then Galilleo turned his telescope to the skies. Just some people come up with ideas at the right times, that's all it amounts to really.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

A leap forward where? Please name a technology that was a real leap...

I was referring to the exponential increase of the 20th century in general.

Comparatively it was exponential (a leap).

One could argue that is a natural occurance in the evolution of civilizations. Or one could argue it was sparked by something extraterrestrial. I didn't say one or the other.

[edit on 102828p://18u05 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think the leaps in technology are from WW2 and the cold war, each country trying to out do the other one.If the U.S never developed the Atomic bomb to drop on hiroshima and nagasaki we probably wouldn't have Nuclear power same goes for rockets,jet engines,comunications,stealth,satelites.. etc ,almost all the result of World War 2 and the Cold War.Now adays it's mostly the Businesses competing against each other trying to make better products for better sales.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There were great technological advances in the 20th century, but there were equally stunning advances in the 19th century. I'm sure the advances were a natural occurance from human ingenuity rather than extraterrestrial influence.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, I hope I don't get dinged for this, and I don't like to cross post anyway, but this is my response to a very similar thread:

"Some people say that our technology is progressing so fast that were getting closer and closer to alien technology."

Well, I don't know what "alien technology" is, and neither does anyone else on this forum. As far as I'm concerned, trying to compare "our" technology with some other technology which may not even exist is an exercise in futility.

If, now, you want to assume that there are Spaceship Guys out there, and they have a certain level of technology (which makes sense, or else they wouldn't be Spaceship Guys), your question is still moot. This is because our asymptotic-curve advance in technology makes sense, and would happen whether or not there were Spaceship Guys hiding in the woods and Area 51.

It's not that our geniuses are not getting smarter; it's that we can communicate our discoveries better nowadays, thanks to the alphabet, the printing press, the spread of education, and now the computer-based technology epitomized by -- you guessed it -- the Internet.

Back when the first really big inventions were being made -- agriculture, the wheel, and an alphabet -- there was no way that such a discovery could be passed on. It could've been five to ten thousand years between the time that one of those three inventions were made and the time when they were universally adopted. For example, the Western Hemisphere natives didn't ever discover the wheel except as a toy; imagine how different the world might be if the ancestos of the Maya, Toltec, and Inca had an additional 5000 years worth of technology in the form of the wheel under their belt when Ericksson or Columbus came a-callin'!!

The invention of the alphabet helped some, of course; because knowledge and thus technology could be handed down instead of having to be re-invented and re-re-invented. And the printing press made that technology transfer available to a lot more people, as did the rise of the modern University system and the development of the computer and Internet.

Nowadays, a scientist can do a search of all the relevant (and some of the not-so-relevant) data sources on a particular thingamajig and move the research forward without having to do the experiments over and over again. He no longer needs to hear gossip at a faculty party or spend hours and hours poring through the increasing number of tech journals.

The bottom line is that we're not necessarily getting smarter, we're getting more efficient.

So even if Spaceship Guys handing their technology down to Earth guys actually exist (and I don't think they do), they're not needed.

We're doing just fine by ourselves, thank you very much

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Well, I hope I don't get dinged for this, and I don't like to cross post anyway, but this is my response to a very similar thread:

A well written post that I enjoyed reading, Thanks...you certainly will not get dinged,lol-
You have voted Off_The_Street for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What technology leap in the mid 1990s? If you mean the Internet that was developed over decades and it's history is quite well documented.

Microchips were around long before then as well.

I didnt say we had a leap in the 1990's read my post it's says mid 1900's
Which would be around 1950 last time I checked half of 100 would be 50.

We've had many huge leaps since 1950, but the one advance we have made that lead to ALL others has been the processor or the micochip.

It's almost like one day we were all using vacuum tubes and punch cards and the next day it was the micro processor. I am not saying we havent tweeked it since, but were did it originate? I mean I am as logical as the next person, but I just dont see someone comming into work in 1950 what ever and saying hey lets build a minichip. First though we will need these machines to magnify them so we can build them with percision, but before that we will need alot of silicon. We went from the vacuum tube to the transistor to the intergrated circut to the microchip in a little less than 15 years. Just compare that to something thats been around alot longer. The Automoblie the model T started production in 1908 it was basically a horse draw carage with a tiny engine and a stick to steer it. Now almost 100 years later there ruffly the same were not flying around like the jetsons there basicly a horse carage with an engine and a wheel instead of a stick.
Were as the vacuum tube to the microchip would be like the model T to the jetson mobile in under 15 years.

As far as the internet thats just a by product of the microchip as well as the home pc.

Good post Off the Street you get a vote from me as well.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by butters30]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I misread your post.

Still the microprocessor evolved from large transistors to integrated circuits to processors etc. rather evolutionary instead of revolutionary.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well you still cant deny the possibility that we may have been "lent" some form of technology. Personally, I believe computers came from aliens or whatever you want to call them. Most likely reverse engineering. And based on some of the stuff I read even though some of its probably BS, it seems like maybe the govt and aliens are trading.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"Well you still cant deny the possibility that we may have been "lent" some form of technology.'

And you still can't deny the "possibility" that I am the long-lost King of France, either, although there's not a shred of evidence for it -- just like there's not a shred of evidence for us getting our knowledge of electronics from Spaceship Guys.

"Personally, I believe computers came from aliens or whatever you want to call them."

One of the nice things about living in the USA is that you can pretty much believe what you want to....

... I believe I'll have another beer.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Sorry, I misread your post.

Still the microprocessor evolved from large transistors to integrated circuits to processors etc. rather evolutionary instead of revolutionary.

Right you have to let it evolve you cant just go from no proccessor to the 4 ghz proccessor I think that would throw up some flags even to the general pop.

You leak tech a little at a time. I think we've had anti gravity for 50 plus years at well, but If the government put it out now people would defanatly wonder were it came from. A little at a time thats the key!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well as far as computers go, I dont think the population would ever catch on even if they released a 10GHz processor tomorrow. Their mind would be focused on getting their hands on that hardware rather than how they acheived it. And if questions were asked, well they would just say they invented a new way to create processors and with better materials. Its going to take an alien invasion of some sort for believe to start believing this stuff. I think it will come soon though. Hopefully this year. Yes I said "Hopefully"!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Well as far as computers go, I dont think the population would ever catch on even if they released a 10GHz processor tomorrow. Their mind would be focused on getting their hands on that hardware rather than how they acheived it. And if questions were asked, well they would just say they invented a new way to create processors and with better materials. Its going to take an alien invasion of some sort for believe to start believing this stuff. I think it will come soon though. Hopefully this year. Yes I said "Hopefully"!!!

Funny you should say that I did read in the paper a few weeks ago how they invented a new way to make proccessors 10x more powerful than todays proccessor.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There actually does seem to be a leap. Technology has been advancing quite rapidly. Computers came on the scene and blew up in a relatively short period of time compared to the years that the wagon turned into a car. As far as processor speed, aparently there are problems with 4 Ghz processors and keeping them cool. I haven't seen a processor of this speed for sale. So we are aparently stuck up near 4 Ghz. But that's a little off topic.

Now, lets say we did borrow some ideas from aliens or it was given to us. That doesn't make us stupid, we understood it didn't we, we still create microchips, and transistors? We've got IT guys taking care of computers, like me. Nothing really wrong with getting technology from somewhere else. So, even if it were a borrowed or given technology, we don't have to get into thinking that we are inferior or something. We aren't inferior. We may just be lacking some of the technology that other civilizations have.

It's kind of like going to school and recieving information that you didn't allready know, just because somebody had to tell you doesn't mean you are inferior or anything, or are incapable of coming up with your own ideas.

Troy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join