It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rock so big God himself can not lift.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Really, very traditional Asian looking westerners then😂
Even the ones rubbing gold leaf on the Buddha statues, bald men, in orange garb and all, I guess you have been there, lived in their culture, taught in their schools, worked in their orphanages

I hear the Budhist ghosts love strawberry fanta, and don't say they are not Buddhists, they identify themselves as buddhists. I have seen small ghost temples set up inside Buddhist temples, making merit as its called...
But hey, what would I know

You are dismissed jim

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

How dismissive...

CHRIS†IAN PERSECUTION!!! CHRIS†IAN PERSECUTION!!!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The fact that You think it is 'o.k.' or 'appropriate' to make "Chinese eyes" at someone of Asian extraction is PATHETIC!!

You learn that in Church™?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Because certain things you have to do yourself, does not mean God won't help in another way, and just because God doesn't do certain things doesn't mean he does not exist. It's tempting to put up your own tower of Babel, but even they acknowledge the existence of the Omnipotent.

That reply of yours sure made you look like the elephant in the china shop.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

How did you end up in the religion, faith and theology section of ATS. You might think this is not a place for you, you just got lost. I hope you find your way back.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I would say it's quite the contrary. God can and will do everything beyond what you can do.

Your obstacles in life are like a boulder. And you have to push it uphill, but there is no way you have the strength to do it alone. But God tells you to push with all your might. So you can either put forth the effort and push like he tells you, or you can disobey and not do anything.

He of course can push it uphill no big deal. Easy peasy. He just wants to see you put forth some effort, he will do the rest.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

I walked away from my past, I don't know why, and now I have to go back and it's also like I'm getting these wrong signals every day. I feel an outcast, I feel locked out, blocked. I'm unsure of what to think of these people. They seem to forget that I have a god.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: redletter

I walked away from my past, I don't know why, and now I have to go back and it's also like I'm getting these wrong signals every day. I feel an outcast, I feel locked out, blocked. I'm unsure of what to think of these people. They seem to forget that I have a god.

I don't know what to say to that. It sounds very personal and like you are in a dilemma. If this is any comfort I will offer these scriptures:

Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. James 4:8

This scripture as well:

I will never leave you, and I will never abandon you. Hebrews 13:5

Taken from today's daily text I like to read. The comment afterward is quite comforting as well:

Day's Text

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

I wonder if you'd say that to JP in person as easily as you say it on the internet...especially when pinching his phrase.
He’s not the first one to say those things, and i’m pretty sure his stuff is in order.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Because certain things you have to do yourself, does not mean God won't help in another way, and just because God doesn't do certain things doesn't mean he does not exist. It's tempting to put up your own tower of Babel, but even they acknowledge the existence of the Omnipotent.

That reply of yours sure made you look like the elephant in the china shop.
Well then, which things will god do for you then?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

You have invented a god in your head and now you have gone so far as to start carrying it’s rocks.
I have wondered about you a few times and now I found the answer to who's rocks you carry . Every one of us play's a part and there is no one getting away with anything they did while here . God requires Mercy not sacrifice .
Who’s rocks do i carry?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You have invented a god in your head and now you have gone so far as to start carrying it’s rocks.
I have wondered about you a few times and now I found the answer to who's rocks you carry . Every one of us play's a part and there is no one getting away with anything they did while here . God requires Mercy not sacrifice .
is this some kind of. “You’ll burn i hell” statement?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand your concern.

I'll answer your question just for the sake of being polite, how about creating my life and making me free?

Would that be good enough for you, sir? Is that Ok?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wait a second dude, the last two posts it really seems like something is going on between you and some other people. I mean it went from general quotes of religion to "theyre blocking me out, save me." Woah. Sounds like a very personal dilemma..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

is this some kind of. “You’ll burn i hell” statement?

Yeah I'm starting to hate all these personal quips n whatnot, its like don't be shady..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can't stand all this preaching so I'm going to go into another post now. And it doesn't even bother me in the real life when I see pastors or pass by a church..
edit on 23-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They don't know what they're doing or they know but intentionally provoke.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Your life is this figurative rock God himself cannot lift. What you must do to survive God cannot do for you. Whatever you do in life God cannot do for you. This is the rock God created He himself cannot lift, but you can and do lift. Who would be interested in a real rock God cannot lift anyhow? Only ingnorant people would ask for such thing. It also says not to tempt your Lord, but these ignorant people are meditating on foolishness.

So lift this rock God cannot lift for you.

... and that would make 'God' not a 'god' by definition.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand your concern.

I'll answer your question just for the sake of being polite, how about creating my life and making me free?

Would that be good enough for you, sir? Is that Ok?

What if i told you that you were never not free? What do you think you are now free from?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

How would you know?

Currenlty I'm definitely free from any contagious virusses.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join