It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems expand 2018 message to ‘draining the swamp’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lINK

Democrats are turning their campaign message to the many scandals swirling around the Trump administration, betting that vows to “drain the swamp” will attract voters to their side in November.

Their response, unveiled Monday, is their “Better Deal for Our Democracy,” which features a series of specific proposals designed to encourage voting, limit the sway of lobbyists, bolster ethics standards for Washington policymakers and reform the nation’s campaign finance laws by barring unlimited and anonymous donations.

Hmmmm, Drain the Swamp! Drain the Swamp! Drain the Swamp!

I've heard that somewhere before........ I just can't place my finger on it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

1983 former president Ronald Reagan
There are host of others after that used the same term.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Is queen of the swamp things Pelosi still their minority leader?

Okay.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
*BOOM*

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

another distraction.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh!

There was no swamp according to these loons 2 years ago, now he has become part of it?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, Bernie. . . they are the ones that are going to drain the swamp?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's because after the IG report comes out the swamp will be drained. Then the Dems can take credit for more things done by the Trump admin, since they couldn't manage to get anything right in the 8 years they were in power.

How does a party go from getting caught rigging their primaries for the presidential election to campaigning on drain the swamp? They must have some of the most gullible voters imaginable.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Next they will be chanting MAGA.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They're desperate to fill the Swamp back up !!

This new campaign slogan will add 5 million votes to Republicans.

😎🎁

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is that all the democrats have? I know the blue wave is coming, but for what reason? Just because Trump is such a lightning rod.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Are they going to do it for real? Or just trick their base, like Trump.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Unoriginal clowns.

From the link:

Yet internal poll results, Democrats say, show that voters respond more favorably to the party’s economic platform when it’s coupled with promises to weed out corruption and the influence of money in Washington.

In other words, they don't really care at all about weeding out corruption, it's just to get those pesky votes!!!

Wouldn't expect anything less! The transparency is beautiful!

Desperate times for the DNC.

Nonetheless, watch their base just eat it up like it's sliced bread.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I don't think the Dims get it.

Their base doesn't care about draining the swamp.

Besides, where would they live if they did that?

"Swamp Dwellers Become Homeless As They Drain The Swamp"

Um....ok

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They need to drain the swamp so the Blue Wave can fill it up and restock it again.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So, their way of draining the swamp is to suck the life out of it by raising taxes again?

I was always more for making money by working and helping others to earn a living than collecting free money from the government. I am a creature of the swamp, one of the kind they want to get rid of. The Democratic way is to keep us dependent on the government for as much as they can. I do like the help programs but I feel if you want to be an individual you should be able to be one as long as you respect the rights and beliefs of others as long as they do not take advantage of your good nature. Lately the Liberals are trying to shove their beliefs down our throats and their policies are not well thought out.

You have to consider history and opposing views when you seek to control a society. You do not shove your beliefs and policies down the throats of the people. Chaos is not good, positive change needs to be done slowly and over decades. Liberals are going too fast, it will cause opposition which will cause more polarization which is not good.
edit on 22-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Given the latest Reuters poll (not released yet) shows the GOP 6 points ahead in the generic congressional polling, the Dems might be stealing many more of Donald Trumps campaign messages.
edit on 22/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In order to 'drain the swamp', you would need to gut the entire government and start over.

Why can't people realize that? Getting rid of one party over another won't cut it.

Moreover, the 'intelligence' community needs to be completely decimated!
Period.
edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 22 May 2018 15:26:52 -05005pmTuesdaynd03pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Looks like god may drain it, sink holes appear on WH lawn, WH was built on a swamp.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks like god may drain it, sink holes appear on WH lawn, WH was built on a swamp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join