It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the screaming rock?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Does anybody actually like the music where people scream to the top of their lungs? If thats music then even I can make a record, just
screaming as hard as I can.

It truly sounds like your in hell.

But if anybody does like this kind of music, you got to explain why? I don't get it.

peace.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why does anyone like the music where peopel sing about selling crack and smoking it while killing people?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Are you talking about ganster rap?

Yea, I also hate that type of music very much.

Both of it comes strait from hell anyways. I actually used to listen to rap and rock until I found out how much peace you get
when you stay away from that type of music, now anything vulgar or insane like screaming truly makes me feel like Im in hell.

whats your idea of real music seapeople?

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think metal music is awesome. I mean yeah, you have those that will turn it into something hateful. Originally it was about rebellion against the "mainstream", something that the kids of the day could relate to, and to some extent I think that is still true.

The thing about it for me is that there is so much feeling, be it positive or negative in that genre of music. I mean you can just feel it when you listen, whether it's joy or pain or somewhere in between, it' just in-your-face rockin' raw emotion on tape. It really gives me shivers sometimes just because I can feel what they're trying to get across. To me that's something special, and it's not just limited to metal, ALOT of different kinds of music do that to me. When I hear a song that I really like or that moves me in some way, I'll usually get goosebumps, or sometimes even a lump in my throat and misty eyes. Hey, it happens.

For example: My favorite metal band is Killswitch engage. Why are they my favorite? Because a) they freakin' ROCK, they are VERY talented musicians and their music is very intricate and complex, yet accessible; and b) their lyrics. They are very spiritual and positive in my opinion. Well, see for yourself:

www.killswitchengage.com... (this is the older version; they redid it on a later album and it's much better IMO...)

Here are the lyrics (more or less):

Temple From The Within

Make me feel serenity when all is revealed
So easy to look back in life
And question but I must
Seek the strength to push forward

For the seaward soul, beautiful inside
As we drink of life
Absolve me through your suffering

Make me feel serenity when all is revealed
So easy to look back in life
And question but I must
Seek the strength to push forward

You teach me
To inscribe these words on my heart
You cover me with the shadow of your hand

I will not lose myself in
Everything that tears me down
Because you stand by me
No one to blame for my transgressions
No one to blame but myself

You teach me
To inscribe these words on my heart
You cover me with the shadow of your hand
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now who do think those lyrics are talking to? I think it's the same Dude I talk to before I go to bed at night.

Another example:

Gotta have Quick Time for this one (this will probably work best if you right-click the link and select "save target as" and save it to your hard drive and then open it with quick time)

Lyrics:

Rose Of Sharyn

Numb and broken, here I stand alone
Wondering what were the last words I said to you
Hoping, praying that I'll find a way to turn back time
Can I turn back time?

What would I give to behold
The smile, the face of love?
You never left me
The righteous heart will always speak your name

Numb and broken, here I stand alone
Wondering what were the last words I said to you
It won't be long, we'll meet again

What would I give to behold
The smile, the face of love?
You never left me
The righteous heart will always speak your name

Your memory is never passing
My love for you is everlasting

I mourn for those who never knew you

Your memory is never passing
My love for you is everlasting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that great stuff? I mean even if you don't like the music itself, isn't it refreshing to see someone in the metal world saying something worthwhile and positive for a change?

So you see Truth, it's not all about hatefulness and "sounding like you're in hell". I really think the music itself is beautiful. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I believe that is true. My grandpa definitely wouldn't have thought it was beautiful!

I wish I had some better examples, Killswitch Engage's other stuff is awesome too, but those are just a couple that they have posted on their website: www.killswitchengage.com...

OK, I'm done talking these guys up now.

[edit on 2/19/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I love it. I really like bands like Skillet, which is a Christian thrash metal band, and Pillar (the same). I used to really be into gothic romantic black metal, too, but lost interest due to the lyrics (Emperor, Cradle of Filth). I'm still looking for a band with a good message who uses this music style.

There are several reasons I like it. The symphonic undertones of the music is incredible. There's soething very appealing to me about a guitar cranking out angry, loud chords to a fantastic beat. Plus, I absloutly can't sing, and I hate the sound of my voice. No matter how loud I turn the Momma and the Poppas, I still hear myself sayin' "California dreamin'". However, belting out "To hold me close when I don't know There's something deep inside That keeps my faith alive" is great fun, and I don't hear my voice at all. Plus, it's easier to sing along with them in many of their songs.

And no, when I'm hearing songs about the Holy Spirit, I don't feel like I'm in the pits of Hell

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Love it.

Why?
Gets me energized, ready to go, moving, having a sh*tload of fun.
But it's also not just the vocals.. it's the music behind it, which is either beautiful or just damn amazing!
Wonderful lyrics, as well!

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Confessor
Of the tragedies in man
Lurking in the core of us all
The last dying call for the everlost
Brief encounters, bleeding pain

Lepers coiled neath the trees
Dying men in bewildered soliloquys
Perversions bloom round the bend
Seekers, lost in their quest
Ghosts of friends frolic
under the waning moon

It is the year of death
Wielding his instruments
Stealth sovereign reaper
Touching us with ease

Infecting the roots in an instant
Burning crop of disease
I am just a spectator
An advocate documenting the loss
Fluttering with conceit
This doesn't concern me yet
Still far from the knell
Taunting their bereavement

Mod round the dead
Point fingers at the details
Probing vomits for more
Caight in unbridled suspense

We have all lost it now
Catching the flakes of dismay
Born the travesty of man
Regular pulse midst pandemonium
You're plucked to the mass
Parched with thirst for the wicked

Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Most of the music I listen to now have no lyrics. I used to listen to what the thread is called screaming rock. My taste changed a long time ago but I still listen to older mp3s. I don't listen to lyrics really so I don't notice the screaming,or growling. I guess thats why I listen to music with out lyrics.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

OK, I'm done talking these guys up now.

texas with an Alex Grey avatar....

lys?

If not, awesome avatar, Axeman.

I LOVE alex grey.... have some of his pieces as tattoos.
Brilliant stuff....

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've got no problem with "screamers", as long as they can sing too. Brian Smith, you can check out now. In all fairness, Bonn is a hard act to follow. RIP, 25 years today. I'm talking about people like Steven Tyler, he can sing and he can wail. Then there's wailers like Motorhead's Lemmy, love that too.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I love it. I really like bands like Skillet, which is a Christian thrash metal band, and Pillar (the same). I used to really be into gothic romantic black metal, too, but lost interest due to the lyrics (Emperor, Cradle of Filth). I'm still looking for a band with a good message who uses this music style.

There are several reasons I like it. The symphonic undertones of the music is incredible. There's soething very appealing to me about a guitar cranking out angry, loud chords to a fantastic beat. Plus, I absloutly can't sing, and I hate the sound of my voice. No matter how loud I turn the Momma and the Poppas, I still hear myself sayin' "California dreamin'". However, belting out "To hold me close when I don't know There's something deep inside That keeps my faith alive" is great fun, and I don't hear my voice at all. Plus, it's easier to sing along with them in many of their songs.

And no, when I'm hearing songs about the Holy Spirit, I don't feel like I'm in the pits of Hell

Haha! thats so funny dude. I've also have gotten carried away by a song and found myself singing ,And then i sadly hear my own voice and totally kill the moment for myself, I think i should invest in a good set of headphones like i did in highschool.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
music like most all art forms is expressive, as such it reflects the artist mood and rendition of certain emotions. thus giving the relative attitutide of particular indiviuals some rock would be quite peircing. as well as some rap which can be overtly violent in nature. i guess it depends on who is singing. i am a very mellow person, so i enjoy soft rock, with a soft womans voice.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I love it. I really like bands like Skillet, which is a Christian thrash metal band, and Pillar (the same).

thanks for recommending them, brilliant bands

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Frau Dr. doesn't dictate my music. On the other hand, she says that metal is "angry music" that makes me irratable and negative. She oughta know.

Incedentally, she doesn't care for ATS either. Says all the people are negative whiners, flippant and never satisfied with other people's efforts. She says it makes me less charming when I've been here.

As if.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You guys got to be kidding me, especially you JJ. This stuff comes from satan, have you ever heard the records played
backwards about smoking weed? You of all people should know that satan has literally possessed those souls who make that type of music.

Yea I know im a fanatic. Its just so un peacful, truly sickning. Ive heard of a couple songs that really tickted me off a while ago.

1. Any song where its only screaming, sounds like someone being literally murdered which is music to the ears.

I just feal like theres alot of hate and anger coming out from that music which isnt music imo, which is not a good emotion.

I don't know, I guess, who knows how, that whatever someone likes is what they like, although its truly, that culture of music, is truly firghtening to know where we are headed with tha
and nonsense hardcore rap.

Its all image anyways.

peace

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What band sounds like they are screaming like they are in pain of dyeing?

Stairway to Heaven played backward that sounds satanic. That song was made like 70 years ago. It was also a soft song.

Look here.

These songs are telling us to have sex with Britney Spears!
Pokémon is telling us to love Satan!
Eminem is telling us who he is!

I'm sure everyone knew this was a set up to hear how 'screaming music is the work of he devil' Why is it to make music you have to be possessed?
Is 50 cent possessed by Dr. Dre and Eminem?

If we play politicians speeches backward to they make reference to Satan?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Stairway to Heaven played backward that sounds satanic. That song was made like 70 years ago. It was also a soft song.

Bout 40 years off. It came out in 1971.

All this crap about backwards satanic messages is just that, crap. Most of it is just purely coincidental. You can make yourself hear alot of stuff out of that jumble of noise when played backwards. Just like when you look into a plain of randomly placed pixels, you can make yourself see whatever you want.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Geez, I thought it came out in the 1930's.
I always thought that Robert Plant looked too young to be 57.
opyt ym tuo gnitniop rof sknahT
sdrow drawkcab ym yebo woN

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
texas with an Alex Grey avatar....

lys?

Nope.

If not, awesome avatar, Axeman.

Thanks, it's one of my favorites.

I LOVE alex grey.... have some of his pieces as tattoos.
Brilliant stuff....

Dude me too (not the tatoos). What's you r favorite peice? Mine is probably "Cosmic Christ" or "Despair". It's hard to play favorites though, they are all so damn good! I have several Alex Grey peices that I use for avatars...

You guys heard of Lamb of God?

[edit on 2/21/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
While Skillet's lyrics are darker than most Christian music I listen to, when I'm feeling down in the dumps it tends to restore me. Smitty and Stephen Curtis Chappman are great, no doubt (I'll Lead You Home is one of my favorite songs ever written). However, listening to songs like this:

I’ve made it so hard on myself, turning my back on how You felt
Seeing a lie that led me on, leaving a love that did no wrong
That’s what it took for me to say

That You simply love
Despite all the stupid things I’ve done
It’s hard to remember
That You simply love
Even though I know not what I’ve done
It’s hard to remember
That You simply love

I’ve tried to do all this on my own
Not thinking once of what You’ve shown
All that I’ve done has blinded me
To everything that You have for me
I want You to know that I finally see

I don’t know why I can’t understand
I don’t know why I can’t comprehend

And really being able to belt them out while driving home seems to invigorate me. It also reminds me that though I am an idiot often and screw up, the Lord still loves me, unconditionally. So, when the vultures of darkness ate the crumbs I left and I've got no way to retrace my steps, He leads me home through bands like Skillet and Third Day (if you listen to K-Love, you've heard a lot of their stuff). It's all about personal preferance.

Cradle of Filth is one of those bands that sound like someone killing someone, and them I don't much care for at all anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
For his drawing,

I LOVE "The Seer" and "Eye of the Heart"

For paintings,
"Wonder", "Gaia",
"Theologue" is absolutely incredible.

There are many others that I absolutely adore, but those ones stick out just now

<<   2 >>

join